B1G Week 5...

B.A.R.

CTG Partner
Staff member
Well, here we are...already onto our 5th week of Big Ten football in what may be the weirdest version in my lifetime...

I know many will want to talk about the lowly Wolverines...sum it up right now... it does suck to not have 5 of their potential 6 draft picks playing. On Saturday, you had 3 of those as trench guys that did not play. That is huge. With that being said, they have plenty of issues right now and not a lot will improve unfortunately. . We can really examine this after the season in full...I do wish he would get rid of DB now. I am so over that guy, and have been for over a year now...

Some other bullet points to talk about...

It seems very quiet nationally as far as this Penn State start. Why?

It seems not everything is kosher as far as the Maryland covid situation from tidbits I have read. Did the try and avoid the anal fisting from Ohio State? Is the protocol not proper?

Can we get a better read on Nebraska now? Obviously they played the two best teams to start (well of 2 of 4 maybe)... but then what is Penn State?

Does everyone agree with me, as I have said since last fall, that this years MSU team is awful?

Talk to me about the Iowa offense... it seems they were rather average up in Minnesota against one of the worst defenses in the country.

This week, we obviously have a mega game in-conference...

I was very impressed after the first few drives that Indiana took care of business last week. It seemed they might be looking ahead to this weeks game but obviously not (plus, Rocky Lombardi is that bad). Ohio State is now down a game in conference and I would suspect will be looking for some extra style points, just in case. This one shouldn't be too tight...maybe for a bit...but feels like 46-21 or so...

Purdue heads to Minnesota laying a FG. Talk to me @PaintCrew

Iowa is a short favorite in Happy Valley. This is a gut check for the Lions here against what seems to be a 'solid' Iowa team.

Maryland is less than a TD favorite vs Michigan State. Do we know who has the virus @Timh ? I feel with how they have played since the Northwestern game, that the Terps should handle this squad pretty easily.

I'll do a full cap on this battle in Jersey once we figure out a bit more with the injury situation with regards to Paye, Mayfield and Hayes. It is an open competition with the ones this week at the QB position.

Illinois is pretty bad... can Nebraska put together a full game @cubsker ?

Enjoy the football while you can...

If we make it to the Championship week, the matchups are quite interesting as currently composed...

hard to imagine michigan qb milton was better than mcaffrey or this freshman. Milton does not look good at all. nebraska feels much better this year and has momentum. They just need to incorporate some more downfield passing game. Illinois - if they get peters back , and about 15 other guys or so from covid could really improve. Speaking of peters - Michigan could use him right now.

big ten feels very down as a whole and that's with the bottom feeders maryland and rutgers finally taking a small step for the first time since theyve entered the conference.

Laid 6 with Maryland and 2.5 with Purdue. Really tempted by Illinois but best I can get now is +15 so will contemplate that one for a bit.

I was really hoping for a betable number on OSU but it appears they lined that one properly. Probably sitting that one out. Would still lean Buckeyes at under 21 (would’ve been a play at 17 or better).

Iowa under a FG is on my radar. Had a slight lean to Wisconsin at -7 -105 but seeing only 7.5 available now, so passing there.

Laid 6 with Maryland and 2.5 with Purdue. Really tempted by Illinois but best I can get now is +15 so will contemplate that one for a bit.

I was really hoping for a betable number on OSU but it appears they lined that one properly. Probably sitting that one out. Would still lean Buckeyes at under 21 (would’ve been a play at 17 or better).

Iowa under a FG is on my radar. Had a slight lean to Wisconsin at -7 -105 but seeing only 7.5 available now, so passing there.
I also laid the 6 with Maryland for now... Play things by ear...

After the 8 players tested positive for MD, the team moved to a hotel to quarantine at least through this past Sunday. They were holding virtual meetings etc. while there last week. I have not found any info regarding preparations this week yet. Lockdown Larry did come out with a new edict today that restaurants in MD indoors will be restricted to 50% capacity and will have to close at 10:00 pm effective this Friday. Indoor capacity will also be decreased to 50% at retail businesses, organizations, religious institutions, personal services, bingo halls, bowling alleys, pool halls, skating rinks, fitness centers and social clubs.

Ya’ll know this conf better than me but I’m having a real hard time trying to figure out why iowa isn’t a play again this week? Seems awful similar to last week playing another team wit apparently no heart or no ability to compete. Iowa could easy be undefeated and they laying less than 3??

Ya’ll know this conf better than me but I’m having a real hard time trying to figure out why iowa isn’t a play again this week? Seems awful similar to last week playing another team wit apparently no heart or no ability to compete. Iowa could easy be undefeated and they laying less than 3??

Iowa has to be able to run to score as their qb isn't all that good (he may improve, has some talent). PSU offense looked quite a bit better once they got Clifford out of there last week. I expect a dogfight.

check VK’s thread......tee dub did some write up on Iowa......

Iowa has to be able to run to score as their qb isn't all that good (he may improve, has some talent). PSU offense looked quite a bit better once they got Clifford out of there last week. I expect a dogfight.

yea I don’t bet many iowa games that go like last week w no sweat at all. Normally seems like they have me cussing and on edge my seat preying they can score throughout the game!

FYI....

I'm expecting Plummer for QB at this point tomorrow night and maybe even a bit of the UCLA transfer....

Purdue coach Jeff Brohm announced today that the junior will be a game-time decision when the Boilermakers (2-1) play at Minnesota (1-3) on Friday at 7:30 ET p.m. on BTN

"He's a guy that'll be a game-time decision," said Brohm.

Brohm was asked if that was based on the Illinois game or the Northwestern game.

"That's all I can tell you right now," said Brohm.

If O'Connell can't go, Brohm said sophomore Jack Plummer will get the start. He started six games last season before losing a training camp battle with O'Connell for the No. 1 job. Junior Austin Burton is No. 3.

A BTN report prior to last week's 27-20 loss to Northwestern said O'Connell "is dealing with an injury himself from the Illinois game and was limited in practice this week." Brohm was asked after the game if O'Connell was injured.

"A little bit this past week," said Brohm. "But I don't want to reveal anything. But he played hard. Made some throws for us. And, you know, we've got to help him out, get the running game called up."

Also once again Moore has been practicing with the 1's but who the hell knows if his entourage around him will let him suit up in the Minny cold tomorrow night...

I am optimistic that Karlaftis will be back which might be as important or even more so than Rondale at this point given the lack of depth on the DL

Also once again Moore has been practicing with the 1's but who the hell knows if his entourage around him will let him suit up in the Minny cold tomorrow night...

I am optimistic that Karlaftis will be back which might be as important or even more so than Rondale at this point given the lack of depth on the DL

5 playing would be big.

I read a rumor...which I'm sure you are aware of all the rumors...Moore never wanted to play this year to remain health for the draft, but Brohm talked him into coming back to have around the team and also to keep opponents guessing if or when he plays. Who knows.

5 playing would be big.

I read a rumor...which I'm sure you are aware of all the rumors...Moore never wanted to play this year to remain health for the draft, but Brohm talked him into coming back to have around the team and also to keep opponents guessing if or when he plays. Who knows.
Yeah honestly it's 2020 so you never know but I do trust the info I have which that it is in fact the hamstring which he tweaked in camp and they (Moore and his crew) are being over the top careful. I'm pretty confident Moore was going to suit up last week until the weather turned on Friday. Not a great look for him right now IMO NFL wise. It also doesn't seem like a Brohm thing to do to me at all....and I think you can tell by the frustration whenever Brohm has to talk about it. Like you said though....who knows is the best way to sum up the entire thing but I do expect to see #4 out there this year yet.

Maryland and Michigan St is OFF

There goes my Christmas Bonus with that MSU RSW under (no way they were winning more than 1 more game -- They are AWFUL)

Line seems as if it is looking for Iowa bets

OK, I'll admit it...i have taken Iowa. They been good to me. But I hate the line

it could just be a case where the power rankings just giving the pen states and Michigan’s of the world more credit than they have earned amd they still havnt adjusted down enough?? I like that theory! Lol

OK, I'll admit it...i have taken Iowa. They been good to me. But I hate the line

I won with them last week in one the easier cashes you can get, certainly the easiest cash ive ever had with iowa, even the games I’ve won with them mostly been grind it out dog fights where spread was in jeopardy throughout, lol.

I'll be on Penn St. I know their results been ugly but IU and Nebraska they dominated the yardage game. Turnovers did them in. Do we know who is the starting QB this week?

Last week my "no bet regret" was Indiana -7 as I couldn't bring myself to pull the trigger on it. Thinking this week might be Iowa. I had it as a strong lean as soon as I saw the Circa numbers, but it was -2.5 by the time it was available to me and really hasn't budged. I *think* Iowa will handle them but something is just throwing me off about this game and I'm going to pass.

I thought I had a good number getting -2.5 flat on Purdue but I see it's down to -2 now after hitting 3/3.5. Perhaps influenced by the QB questions at Purdue. I'd love to see Moore finally play but given PaintCrew's posts above, I'm not holding my breath this week but will ride out the play. I mean, it is still the Gopher defense.

With Maryland scratched, this may end up being my only play in the league this week. Still open to Illinois and would play if it got to 17, but I'm not anticipating that sort of move. I'll have to see what BAR has to say about Michigan-Rutgers.

Alright I'm rolling the dice and taking a piece of Purdue at -2. With no wind and no precipitation I'll take my chances that Purdue can get into the 30's and slow down Minny's run game just enough to win by a score or more. Tempted on the TT over but similar to the Minny/Iowa game i'm worried about a couple long drives from Minny to shorten the game. Really the main worry (outside the obvious of #5 and #4 suiting up) I had with this game all week was what is becoming a trend of Brohm's teams falling flat in inclement weather. But simply just cold? Shouldn't be an issue.

Thats with #5 and #4 out as it's damn near impossible to predict...but I think we might see one or even both tonight suited up.

Yes, this is NOT true. In fact, we have reason to think there is a GOOD chance Rondale will play tonight. - From Tom Dienhart FYI

No idea why this line has moved the way it is. At this point i'm leaning towards both 5 & 4 suiting up

I can’t make sense of the Minny move earlier though...everything I got today was positive for Purdue and negative (covid) for minny. Who knows

Back