B1G Week 4

HUNT

CTG Partner
Staff member
Just gonna skip the recaps of past week because the entire conference is trash except TOSU. Generally, you can find recaps and shit in what have we learned threads or some of you can put your opinion here, that's cool. This is what I will probably do moving forward...after all it is week 4. Fuck it, lets go...

Penn State vs Illinois...weird spot for PSU with the big game on deck. Obviously PSU will win, just not sure whether they care that much to run it up like they have been.

Nebraska vs Michigan...Nebraska QB available? If he's 100% this changes the narrative a little...Michigan cannot contain mobile QB's and are prone to defensive breakdowns in the secondary. The SMU backup did whatever he wanted...I know there was no game film on him, but that's just another Michigan excuse for the fans.

Buffalo vs. Rutgers...No opinion really..you can get a ticket to the game on stubhub for 3 bucks if you wanna go.

Minnesota vs Maryland...Minny seems to have a good defense I guess...another game you can go to for 3 bucks

BC vs Purdue...AJ might run for a few centuries on this one.

Tulane vs. Tosu...sandwich spot for tosu, better have some brass balls if you want to back Tulane though..because tosu gives zero fucks who you are and when they play it seems.

Michigan State vs. Indiana...probably my favorite game of the week...Sparty historically usually struggles in hoosierville.

Wisconsin vs. Iowa...Good ole fashioned big ten shit fest...lot of running ..up to which qbs make the plays..night game at kinnick off an L..wouldn't want to be Wisconsin.

gl

The Sparty score last year was also inflated (as close as it still was) because Indiana let them score in order to get the ball back.
Great stuff thanks Hunt

Nebraska OL played well in game 1. They were absolute trash vs troy. Mich DL is going to do bad things to them.

Maryland at minus 16 and Northwestern at minus 21 both lost SU. I think the W-L record for week 3 was 5-7.
Hate to say it but is the B1G
a power 5 conference ?

PSU has played nobody, in 2 weeks they play 2nd most powerful team in country at home then meat of schedule. Spooky put thought in my head, BillC has this as field goal too high, prolly goto 31, idk I'm playing +28.5

PSU has played nobody, in 2 weeks they play 2nd most powerful team in country at home then meat of schedule. Spooky put thought in my head, BillC has this as field goal too high, prolly goto 31, idk I'm playing +28.5

Nationally televised Friday night game has me less bullish on Illini than if it were a Saturday noon start where I could see PSU sleepwalking through the game.

Franklin has made it clear that he likes to pile it on. Hard for me to bet against him doing the same here despite having OSU on deck.

I get that its 28 points and even if theres good reason for it I couldn‘t stand to put myself through the misery of watching a garbage team on the one hand and praying for the other team to slow down have mercy and take it easy

Some quick thoughts about the games last week. I didn't see any game in whole in the B1G and missed a few but maybe I caught something that can help, maybe I didn't...

Higdon being out for Michigan was a big surprise to me. I literally heard nothing anywhere about that at all. The problem here, is depth. And now you shift Chris Evans to lead back which he is not suited for. This will be a problem all season long. Patterson was very good again. The o-line still needs to play the young guys on the ends and frankly has wasted the OOC season in not doing more so. The defense isn't as good. They miss Hurst, they have injuries and are prone to give up big plays.

Indiana steamrolled Ball State. I was tracking this one a bit and it seemed they could do whatever they wanted. This was very impressive in my opinion. The Hoosiers have taken care of business so far this season and now can start putting a scare into B1G teams as they always do. I would love some feedback on them, in general, but they are a sneaky little team. I do think they will be way too popular this week though.

Penn State was bigger and faster, that is as much as you have to say. McSorley had an 'okay' day but they put up window dressing points again. It will be interesting to see once they get into conference play and into a close game again how they react. These 2nd halves the past few weeks have been about pouring it on.

Guys, Wisky is not great. How many times have I said it?? Now, they finally lost a game which obviously they could have won but hopefully that creates value. Now, maybe they will start to be lined properly. You know I won't be betting their games, but with some 'pressure' off they might relax a bit as well and play much better start to finish. This week is an absolute dogfight, obviously.

Rutgers got waxed at Kansas. Wow. I mean, wow. Good for Kansas but this is not improvement this many years into the Ash era. Obviously with a very young QB things won't be easy but this team is really more worthy of being in the American Conference than a P5 conference.

Temple scores 17 and loses to Nova then wipes out Maryland. I don't even know what to say.

Nebraska thin at QB. There is not much you can do when that happens. I have watched that for 10 years on the UM fan side so I get it. Hopefully for them, the young kid is ready to go again soon. @cubsker says the OL is brutal, and that doesn't help anything. We see that at so many colleges right now. I still stick with my prediction that this team is value city in the 2nd half of the season. Obviously, health will be key.

A big 'ouch' for the Illini. That was a collapse it seemed. Too bad for Papa Smurf.

Purdue has taken a step back. They also have lost 3 games that with a few things going better for them they could win. I honestly don't know where their heads will be going forward. These have been some tough endings.

Iowa did what they had to do and rolled. They didn't get caught up in one of 'their' close games versus inferior competition.

Did Northwestern sit back and think the game was won up 21-3? This team is befuddling at this point. The thing is, they are going to upset someone at home this year still. Michigan, Wisconsin and then we'll not called ND a home game but still... they win one of those 3 games.

OSU/TCU was like a blur. The TT saved my ass in that game but even that took some magic to hit. TCU had over 500 yards offense. I thought OSU had shored up a few things. Obviously I wasn't counting on them shutting TCU down but it felt like they couldn't even stop them at times. Turnovers and some big plays did in the frogs. OSU is very lucky to escape, but good teams find ways to win those games. That is a nice road win for Haskins.

Defensive Yards/Play
(min 3 FBS opp)

1. Michigan… 3.99
2. Minnesota… 4.05
3. Penn State… 4.36
4. Vanderbilt… 4.38
5. Alabama… 4.40
6. Notre Dame… 4.56
7. Arizona State… 4.61
8. N Illinois… 4.63
9. Miami (OH)… 4.69
10. Maryland… 4.72

Urban Meyer comes back....I'm sure he'll want to run the score up on everyone from this point forward. Even though the have Penn St. on deck, tOSU can & will name the score vs. Tulane. This very could be a 56-0 type of game!

I might be thinking overally contrarian but do the OSU players really care about Urban "being back"? He coached them throughout the week the last two games, he only missed Saturdays. Do the players really care about the head coach? It seems like they are way tighter with the position coaches...at least at OSU. Maybe I'm just being anti-Urban right now...

I was shocked by Maryland’s performance against Temple. Memories often fail so I can’t remember a team at home, undefeated, a 16 point favorite, looking so bad.
And Northwestern at -21 and at home, were a close second.

Watch the Terps wake up this Saturday and knock off unbeaten Minnesota.
I don’t know NW’s opponent this week so can’t comment yet. Maybe it’s an open date. They could use it.

I never realized what a long nose C.U.M. Has. Perhaps I haven’t been paying attention.

I think people have wrong read on temple. They are very good with tuff start, Billc had them rated hi preseason. It was terrible spot for Maryland.

You need a baseline. I refer to it so people know why I feel a general way. Either way, Temple will prove to be a strong team, bet on it.

You need a baseline. I refer to it so people know why I feel a general way. Either way, Temple will prove to be a strong team, bet on it.

Why not do your own research and form your own assessment of a team? That way you‘re creating your own feeling for a team instead of relying on someone‘s feelings that he made up before even watching a snap this year and it‘s been three weeks

In dantonio defense. I watched that entire asu game, being on msu. Super tuff venue, at weird time, with possessed opponent. They could of, should of won. It will prove to be a "good" loss.

Why not do your own research and form your own assessment of a team? That way you‘re creating your own feeling for a team instead of relying on someone‘s feelings that he made up before even watching a snap this year and it‘s been three weeks

Dont be retarded, Billc is just part of my research. I am a human algorithm that cranks out winners.

Alright:

1) Heat
2) Utah State
3) Western Michigan
4) Utah State

Those are my final rankings for the playoffs

Michigan LB Hudson ejected for targeting in 3rd qrt, will miss 1st H vs Nebraska

Purdue off to worse start since 1996, last time they were 0-3. This year they have lost those 3 by combined 7 pts. In 1996 they lost the first 3 by combined 77pts. Week 4 they beat NC State who was apparently worse, Purdue was 4.5 pt fav and won 42-21. Hard to see that happening vs BC at Ross-Ade this year, but also hard to see Purdue falling to 0-4. They aren't bad, aren't too many plays away from being 2-1 certainly and not a stretch to see how they could be 3-0. BC certainly looks good, but what about the BC D...I thought they were good on D? Blough off a school record passing day vs Mizzou...

Indiana steamrolled Ball State. I was tracking this one a bit and it seemed they could do whatever they wanted. This was very impressive in my opinion. The Hoosiers have taken care of business so far this season and now can start putting a scare into B1G teams as they always do. I would love some feedback on them, in general, but they are a sneaky little team. I do think they will be way too popular this week though.

I was lucky perhaps to bag the ATS FIU win vs IU week 1, not sure about week 2 in the weather I guess that feels like a justified win betting against IU then I got my ass pounded by them last week.

They are playing with confidence for sure. Winning Big Ten games is what they want. And they will be very high for this game. Last two years it has been close. I like Ramsey at QB, they need to play him all 4 quarters every series and stop fucking with Pinix.

What is to like about Michigan State, what have we seen to like? I don't recall seeing anything I like. Now they probably don't see anything either and they had a week off to work on that. Got to think on this one.

I was listening to an IU podcast praising Pinix for actually having arm strength and complementing Ramsey by doing things he can‘t. Ramsey, for all his strengths as an accurate and mobile passer, limits IU‘s passing game

Back