B1G week 3

It still absolutely confounds me. I still don't have a good explanation of how it even happened. I don't know what hire could've been worse honestly.

Story here is that our AD forced Riley to fire his longtime DC and hire Diaco and then he told everyone in the athletic department (including our 4 time national championship winning volleyball coach) that Diaco was the best coach we had on campus.

I seriously think sparty gets rolled. Just a terrible matchup.

i have no interest in sparty getting less than app st did who i think better than them. i do worry sparty be able to push canes around up front tho.. agree they overrated i just dont trust miami.

i have no interest in sparty getting less than app st did who i think better than them. i do worry sparty be able to push canes around up front tho.. agree they overrated i just dont trust miami.

Yeah. I'm in a similar boat to you. I actually have zero interest in this game anymore from a betting perspective. At least pre game

Still have no clue what to do with the Illini, they've been roughed up a couple times but I do trust Bielema to get them to a different level than pure trash at some point this season

I don't know either. I like Maryland to win, don't want to lay it though. Probably a no play for me or I throw something small on it last minute.

Reactions: KJ
Kind of like where BAR's head is with the Maryland team total

yea that makes a lot of sense, i like their offense and eliminates having to trust illini to score, i do think illini will be able to put up some points on terps d tho.

Re: Ohio St, and the problems on D

--Much talk that Coombs will no longer call the D. …while I tend to believe that Day has indeed made a change, it is still unconfirmed as of right now.

--If the switch is being made, word is DB coach Matt Barnes will call the shots, w/ few other viable options. Barnes called the Terp D in ’18 w/ help from Buh & Heater, after Durkin was relieved of his duties. The Md ’18 D returned 5 starters (per Phil S) from a ’17 D that Durkin called that gave up a 37.1 ppg. That # dropped to 28.7 in ’18, so maybe Barnes can help here. But Barnes is no long-term solution & you can’t pin OSU’s D problems 100% on Kerry C. Watching from C-Deck last Sat, I can tell you the body language of much of the D looked like the game was taking too long, and they had somewhere else to be. And don’t be fooled by the 247 rankings on this side of the ball. Too many 4 & 5-star guys simply are NOT 4 & 5-star guys. Still, Kerry Coombs owns a large portion of the problems on this underachieving D.

--H Garrett is getting most of his snaps at the 1-T, as OhSt at this point has no replacement for T Togiai who was a run-stopping machine there last yr. Too many natural 3’s & too few options at the nose. Though, true frosh Tyleik Williams got 3 snaps there late against Oreg & drew quick praise from many. Still, it was 3 plays and don’t see him truly making a move until Yr 2 at the earliest.

--One of the few bright spots Sat was the play from the outside corners. They got Cam Brown back after he missed the Minny gm and most of LY w/ a torn achilles. And 1st-yr guy Denzel Burke is an absolute stud. Burke played the most snaps of any defender against the Ducks. JT Tuimaloau has also caught on quickly & will play A LOT from here on out.

--Deep safety Josh Proctor is out for the year, just when he was turning a corner and becoming the safety most Buckeye fans thought he would be. The downgrade from Proctor to B Shaw was as big as it gets. Enough so that OSU will likely try other options there tomorrow.

--Much talk that Coombs will no longer call the D. …while I tend to believe that Day has indeed made a change, it is still unconfirmed as of right now.

--If the switch is being made, word is DB coach Matt Barnes will call the shots, w/ few other viable options. Barnes called the Terp D in ’18 w/ help from Buh & Heater, after Durkin was relieved of his duties. The Md ’18 D returned 5 starters (per Phil S) from a ’17 D that Durkin called that gave up a 37.1 ppg. That # dropped to 28.7 in ’18, so maybe Barnes can help here. But Barnes is no long-term solution & you can’t pin OSU’s D problems 100% on Kerry C. Watching from C-Deck last Sat, I can tell you the body language of much of the D looked like the game was taking too long, and they had somewhere else to be. And don’t be fooled by the 247 rankings on this side of the ball. Too many 4 & 5-star guys simply are NOT 4 & 5-star guys. Still, Kerry Coombs owns a large portion of the problems on this underachieving D.

--H Garrett is getting most of his snaps at the 1-T, as OhSt at this point has no replacement for T Togiai who was a run-stopping machine there last yr. Too many natural 3’s & too few options at the nose. Though, true frosh Tyleik Williams got 3 snaps there late against Oreg & drew quick praise from many. Still, it was 3 plays and don’t see him truly making a move until Yr 2 at the earliest.

--One of the few bright spots Sat was the play from the outside corners. They got Cam Brown back after he missed the Minny gm and most of LY w/ a torn achilles. And 1st-yr guy Denzel Burke is an absolute stud. Burke played the most snaps of any defender against the Ducks. JT Tuimaloau has also caught on quickly & will play A LOT from here on out.

--Deep safety Josh Proctor is out for the year, just when he was turning a corner and becoming the safety most Buckeye fans thought he would be. The downgrade from Proctor to B Shaw was as big as it gets. Enough so that OSU will likely try other options there tomorrow.

Great info. Thanks sir.

Appreciate all the notes

Good stuff, Buck. Barnes is going to be calling the shots, which has been in the works since pre-season.

@B.A.R. I’m leaning both Michigan -27.5 and O54.5 but don’t wanna play em both - which do you prefer or the two? From your synopsis - over?

Back