B1G week 13

This Indiana game scares me to death. IU is a solid football team. They already have their 7 so just playing with house money. We all know whats on deck for M. Late season trip down to Bloom after Sparty pounding before the greatest rivalry game in sports. Just gotta get pressure on QB. Not sure if IU WR is out for sure, he was concussed too I guess. At the end of the day, its IU. You beat them by being more physical and jamming the ball down their throat. They will screw up normally too, fumble etc. Situationally terrible, but execute and protect the ball and let them beat themselves, move on.

Well, it won't happen, but it CAN happen. We are huge tOSU fans right now. They win out and Gophers beat Wisconsin, we play in the Rose Bowl at minimum...

I'm good with that. It's been 50+ years since we've been there.

Thought Rose goes to highest ranked committee team. Obviously OSU to playoff, but if Minny beats Wisky and then gets blown out in Indy cant PSU/Mich still get to Rose if committee sees fit? Its not like Mich is going 10-2 but still worth watching for. Not sure if Minny gets throttled they stay ahead of PSU. Though I guess at that point, its whatever Rose Bowl wants they just tell committee how to rank. Minny in Rose would be cool to see tbh. Please no Wisconsin is all I ask.

Thought Rose goes to highest ranked committee team. Obviously OSU to playoff, but if Minny beats Wisky and then gets blown out in Indy cant PSU/Mich still get to Rose if committee sees fit? Its not like Mich is going 10-2 but still worth watching for. Not sure if Minny gets throttled they stay ahead of PSU. Though I guess at that point, its whatever Rose Bowl wants they just tell committee how to rank. Minny in Rose would be cool to see tbh but not against Utah, ugh. Please no Wisconsin is all I ask.

This Indiana game scares me to death. IU is a solid football team. They already have their 7 so just playing with house money. We all know whats on deck for M. Late season trip down to Bloom after Sparty pounding before the greatest rivalry game in sports. Just gotta get pressure on QB. Not sure if IU WR is out for sure, he was concussed too I guess. At the end of the day, its IU. You beat them by being more physical and jamming the ball down their throat. They will screw up normally too, fumble etc. Situationally terrible, but execute and protect the ball and let them beat themselves, move on.
Last two in Bloomington went to OT. Last two at home were games that went to the 4th. This game is always tough the last ten years. I expect nothing less.

Not getting a play called on 1st and goal from the 1 with 2.5 mins left was an all timer.
Run a sneak while you make up your mind about the fancy-pants play you'll run if you can't score on 1st down. Best case: You score. Worst case: It's second down at the 1.5.

Run a sneak while you make up your mind about the fancy-pants play you'll run if you can't score on 1st down. Best case: You score. Worst case: It's second down at the 1.5.

If I'm the qb, im doing exactly that once the play clock hits 12. At that point, fuck em.

Penn State quarterback Sean Clifford told reporters Tuesday that he deleted his social media accounts after receiving death threats and vulgar messages regarding the Nittany Lions first loss of the season to Minnesota.

"I usually delete it closer to games, but I completely deleted it after the Minnesota game," Clifford told reporters. "It's kind of sad to say, but you know how fans sometimes get ... it gets a little crazy. I was kind of, I guess, sick and tired of getting death threats, and some pretty explicit and pretty tough-to-read messages."

Despite having an excellent season, Clifford threw three interceptions in the 31-26 loss to Minnesota, which apparently upset some of the fans who then took to social media to voice their displeasure.

Penn State coach James Franklin said he was involved in the issue and was there to give Clifford support, as he would with any of his other players in a similar situation. After learning about the incident, Franklin made comments in his media availability thanking the loyal and positive fans, which was a not-so-subtle dig at the fans voicing negative comments.

If you send players fucking death threats, you are NOT a fan of that team. That‘s honestly sickening and has no place in sports anywhere. Man he‘s a college kid probably doing his best and wants to win while balancing school work. Why mess with him and make his life harder?

I'll say it again, they want that pregame footprint. That's their big thing.

Thing is though they'd need to try it the other way to really see if putting the premiere game in the noon slot is what's actually driving pregame ratings.

The fox pregame show is a great product and espn gameday is a total gong show at this point. I think everyone has been dying to make the switch regardless of time slot formatting.

Will be interesting to see the respective crowds since both espn and fox will be live at OSU.

If you send players fucking death threats, you are NOT a fan of that team. That‘s honestly sickening and has no place in sports anywhere. Man he‘s a college kid probably doing his best and wants to win while balancing school work. Why mess with him and make his life harder?

TBH, probably OSU people or other fan boys. So easy to do nowadays with social media to make fan bases look bad etc. That said, enough crazies of this world to do it. Clifford not their problem anyways.

I have to say I respect Gundy for his rant on this topic.

A few quick thoughts on comments in this thread before the games:

- I have to be the voice of opposition to the anti "game games in early slot" thing Fox is doing. I personally love it. That slot rarely has big games and I think it's great the top games of the day are more spread out and there is a top-notch matchup right out of the gate.
- Minnesota ain't playing in the Big Ten title game, so no need to worry about them being in the Rose Bowl mix or getting destroyed by Ohio State.
- I concur with Hunt's thoughts re: PSU/OSU

On to the games...

I'm really tempted to lay the -4 with Nebraska. It's a must-win and they didn't show any quit against Wisconsin from what I could see. They aren't very good, but Maryland is in a free fall and this could be a get-right spots. Any thoughts on this one?

Really tempted to play Illinois +15.5 but this could be the week their offense runs out. 24-3 type scoreline is what worries me. If Illinois can get 14-17 I think they're good. Just not quite sure they can do it.

I feel like I'm walking into a trap betting against a trap, but FWIW I am on Indiana +8.5. Indiana has been very good to me this year, although Michigan has been recently as well.

I laid the 18 with Ohio State. Michigan may be looking ahead. Ohio State will not be. I'm feeling a bloodbath here.

One thing I've learned over the years with Ohio State is you RARELY catch them look ahead. Yeah, some games they play like shit and get ass raped...but most of the time the coaches have done a good job of keeping it one week at a time, no look ahead....Michigan is on these guys minds year-round..nothing new to them...they are in the back of their heads every practice, every game, every gang bang.

Nebraska should kick their ass, but you can say the same thing about indiana, purd, illy, and Colorado and they didnt cover any of those.

Perhaps with a first possession or special teams but yeah agree wholeheartedly. Two scores pop in my head...42-17 and 38-14.
Friend asked me today to give him a score, I said 41-17. Maybe PSU scores first and its close for 20 mins tops. Too funny.

Indiana junior WR Whop Philyor (concussion) has been ruled a game-time decision by HC Tom Allen.
Philyor left last week's game against Penn State with an apparent concussion. Now heading into this week's game, Philyor is in concussion protocol and may not be able to play against Michigan. If Indiana want to pull off the upset, they will absolutely need Philyor to play and have a good game, so being without him would be a massive blow. Philyor has 61 receptions for 863 yards and three touchdowns in 2019.

As an Ohio State homer, I gotta say that I'm not as confident as you guys. I kind of think the under is the way to play this...could easily see 30-17 or 27-17 type game. Reality is that Penn State has way better talent than the other teams they have seen.
PSU has 31 4/5 star guys vs. barely double digits for any other team they have played (Wisky 11).
What re the odds that Hamler goes? Feel like he's the only guy who can threaten Bucks backline.

Maybe with the rain, the under is more attractive.

Who do you think is a mudder and better built for shitty conditions?

As an Ohio State homer, I gotta say that I'm not as confident as you guys. I kind of think the under is the way to play this...could easily see 30-17 or 27-17 type game. Reality is that Penn State has way better talent than the other teams they have seen.
PSU has 31 4/5 star guys vs. barely double digits for any other team they have played (Wisky 11).
What re the odds that Hamler goes? Feel like he's the only guy who can threaten Bucks backline.
Mr Peanut being coy. Earlier this week seemed certain, now 50/50 on Hamler. Hamler lobbied to come back in game last week and was giving high fives in tunnel after the game as players entered. I' day its 80/20 he plays. Never wish consussion on anyone, but being concussed last year vs OSU and again this year, only good news is it increseases his chances he goes pro after the year. Without Hamler, this offense is sunk and wont score more than 14 vs OSU.

bunch of stuff pre game about how they were going to kick the Gophers ass, Fuck their boat, etc.

Dayum. Wish I had caught wind of this. Not sure what planet I was on.

I go back to the '13 Orange Bowl, Jordan Lynch and FSU. Will never forget his comments about FSU before the game and will never forget how comfortable I was playing FSU.

Dayum. Wish I had caught wind of this. Not sure what planet I was on.

I go back to the '13 Orange Bowl, Jordan Lynch and FSU. Will never forget his comments about FSU before the game and will never forget how comfortable I was playing FSU.
Gonna have them on their knees. FSU has not seen an offense like ours.

Same here. Took the Noles and laughed all game long.

What is the feeling of the group on this Michigan State - Rutgers game?

Fading MSU since the Penn St loss is 2-0. Can Rutgers keep this game close again this year?

Anything can happen in that rivalry game. Last year, wow, gross. I think Sparty wins this comfortably like 27-7. Basically I'm saying screw that spread ... Now their mental state could be brutal and we see another epic down to the final qtr game. Rutgers may have "shot their wad" last week too with 21 points.

Mich-IU

Looks like the rain should stop right around gametime.

I would think IU goes with quick plays to negate the rush. As always in a Michigan game, if the opposing offense can get 2nd in medium to short they can move the ball. Once it is 2nd/3rd n long, that is when Don attacks.

I think Michigan will score some points. I am going to watch for a bit but will be tempted on the live tt over, perhaps.

No way I lay 10. A focused Michigan team will win, but this will be a battle as always. Gun to head...

34-24

Only the backdoor here can prevent the cover.

With that kind of dominating performance Rutgers was in position late 4th Q for a TD and they missed a FG which would've given Knights the 2nd H cover. That must be the most pathetic domination of an opponent I have seen. That is Michigan State football 2019.

Back