Staff member
PSU vs Bucks...good night nittany lions

Minnesota vs. NW...nice knowing ya minny

Illinois vs Iowa...interesting game.

Michigan State vs. Rutgers...LOL

Michigan vs Indiana. worst spot ever for wolverines.....Indiana might shock

Nebraksa vs. Maryland...LOL

Purdue at Wisconsin...wisky 33-14

Cheapest seat this week.....NW.. 4 dollars you can go.

Genuinely afraid that this year‘s Sparty/Rutgers game proceeds like last year‘s...a nauseating spectacle of ugly football vivified only by the personal prayer that Sparty prevails

This offense tho has moved the ball against lesser defenses tho. Lewerke is not Lombardi...he‘s trash but he‘s not trash trash lol. But this defense is on the other hand clearly worse than last year‘s both vs the run vs the pass.

Genuinely afraid that this year‘s Sparty/Rutgers game proceeds like last year‘s...a nauseating spectacle of ugly football vivified only by the personal prayer that Sparty prevails

This offense tho has moved the ball against lesser defenses tho. Lewerke is not Lombardi...he‘s trash but he‘s not trash trash lol. But this defense is on the other hand clearly worse than last year‘s both vs the run vs the pass.

They really need to put Theo Day in...why not? season pretty much shot.

4 dollars lol...do you buy a treat for BAR's doggy or do you invest in an afternoon at a Northwestern game.

@HUNT while i'm digressing, you got a favorite Eminem song?

Last edited:
Against Rutgers you put the kid in...all the confidence in the world against that team.

You would have thought that for Lombardi too though no especially since he had had some bright spots like that really optimism-producing game against Purdue. I'm saying the major problem with Sparty's offense isn't in its personnel...a QB once thought to had talent, Elijah Collins hailed after one game vs WMU (lol) to be the new savior at running back... some really talented receivers to throw to (the ones still healthy at least). I can't comment too intelligently on the x's and o's and i'm not sure if it's more about playcalling or practicing...i've heard criticism of both respects...but it seems like quarterbacks/offensive players in general aren't set up too well to succeed in EL.

Like what's the point I don't think you can say that playing Day even against Rutgers is to set him up for success. I'd rather just throw trash out there like Lombardi (or better yet Lewerke) and bring in some guys in the offseason SOME NEW coaches ffs who know how to develop players and call more innovative plays.

Or maybe i'm just full of shit and experience is valuable as experience even if you're running for your life all day and even if you're playing in a completely broken offensive system

Last week...

Things seem to have went pretty much to norm...

The Hoosiers were a popular dog and they attempted an ill-advised fake punt that put them behind the 8 ball. This is a very solid team.

Iowa, Top Unit returns and they did what they do in games like these. That was a tough spot for Minnesota but Iowa won the game, period.

Wisconsin was covering, we all knew that. #fondystyle

Michigan took care of Sparty. They used the game plan I hoped they would since this summer and it worked out great. In all honesty I don't think they defense was great, but they did what they had to do.

Ohio State sat a lot of guys but did what they had to do. Rutgers scoring 21 may seem surprising but in retrospect maybe not that much. I honestly saw none of this game as I decided to not invest a cent in it.

Some good matches this week...shall discuss lata...

You would have thought that for Lombardi too though no especially since he had had some bright spots like that really optimism-producing game against Purdue. I'm saying the major problem with Sparty's offense isn't in its personnel...a QB once thought to had talent, Elijah Collins hailed after one game vs WMU (lol) to be the new savior at running back... some really talented receivers to throw to (the ones still healthy at least). I can't comment too intelligently on the x's and o's and i'm not sure if it's more about playcalling or practicing...i've heard criticism of both respects...but it seems like quarterbacks/offensive players in general aren't set up too well to succeed in EL.

Like what's the point I don't think you can say that playing Day even against Rutgers is to set him up for success. I'd rather just throw trash out there like Lombardi (or better yet Lewerke) and bring in some guys in the offseason SOME NEW coaches ffs who know how to develop players and call more innovative plays.

Or maybe i'm just full of shit and experience is valuable as experience even if you're running for your life all day and even if you're playing in a completely broken offensive system

Cavs, I'm a qb guy...always have been and always will be. Especially this day and age, they account for everything with these RPO and read option uptempo offenses....you're definitely right that the coaches are dogshit at MSU on the offensive side of the ball ..but there is very little resistance from the defense of rutgers, you got what 1-2 games left? Why not get him some experience and he won't be so green next year. Rocky is just in the same mold of Lewerke...doesn't really do much for me.

MSU QB's...

Lewerke is what he is, an average QB. He can have some amazing stretches and then some horrid stretches. That is as simple as that.

Lombardi is awful. He managed a game last year and they got all excited up there. Then he played again, and they lost their hard on real quick.

Day is supposed to be the 'next great qb' according to them for the past few years. It seems the whispers get quieter an quieter. Now, as Hunt said...Give him a shot! Why not? It is not like BL will be playing past this year in any professional capacity. He doesn't need a showcase at all. It won't happen though.

Their best bet moving forward will be finding a gem in the portal.

I was just thinking about how some NFL quarterbacks are said to be doomed to fail because of the offensive system they're in and I want to protect Day from that because he's in a dogshit system. But yeah sure I agree. Lewerke makes some nice plays but then throws these passes where you're like how tf does any D-I quarterback miss that. Lombardi is likewise lightyears removed from anything in any professional context and there's only hope going forward in Day. So sure, i'm on board, why the hell not at this point....given your premise that Rutgers' D is bad enough that Day can succeed against. Really, yeah the season is totally lost but you do NOT want to risk losing to Rutgers. I think if you agree that Rutgers is a serious threat (lmao...) then you put the best option out there which has to be Lewerke. Yeah nothing to gain, but a lot in the way of (remaining...) pride to lose

I was just thinking about how some NFL quarterbacks are said to be doomed to fail because of the offensive system they're in and I want to protect Day from that because he's in a dogshit system. But yeah sure I agree. Lewerke makes some nice plays but then throws these passes where you're like how tf does any D-I quarterback miss that. Lombardi is nothing and there's only hope in Day. So sure, i'm on board, why the hell not at this point....given your premise that Rutgers' D is bad enough that Day can succeed against. Really, yeah the season is totally lost but you do NOT want to risk losing to Rutgers. I think if you agree that Rutgers is a serious threat (lmao...) then you put the best option out there which has to be Lewerke. Yeah nothing to gain, but a lot in the way of (remaining...) pride to lose
Honestly, if I am Day and I feel I have any future I get the heck outta there asap. Who knows with a regime change anyways? Now, they have some pieces on offense but that line to the portal gonna have a few after the regular season ends. Saw a few whispers that Barnett might already be looking to transfer.

Honestly, if I am Day and I feel I have any future I get the heck outta there asap. Who knows with a regime change anyways? Now, they have some pieces on offense but that line to the portal gonna have a few after the regular season ends. Saw a few whispers that Barnett might already be looking to transfer.

Can't get worse than Dave Warner as the QB coach can it? If things stay the same coaching-wise then yeah for sure transfer. And sure probably transfer anyways. Lower-quality recruits coming in...Sparty is in need of a rebuild...so either new coaches and rebuild or same coaches and things just keep getting worse (and this O is already one of the worst lol) So yeah sure, transfer. Why drown as a hopeful kid in East Lansing.

Can't get worse than Dave Warner as the QB coach can it? If things stay the same coaching-wise then yeah for sure transfer. And sure probably transfer anyways. Lower-quality recruits coming in...Sparty is in need of a rebuild...so either new coaches and rebuild or same coaches and things just keep getting worse (and this O is already one of the worst lol) So yeah sure, transfer. Why drown as a hopeful kid in East Lansing.
As I said before the year, this is most likely Dantni's last year. It wouldn't have mattered if they were 8-2 right now. The assistants getting the one year contracts supported that. I'd imagine he hangs on for that bonus then is bye bye. Either way, even if he wanted to come back that deposition is gonna do him in.

Unless Tressel is the next coach, wholesale changes coming. You are looking at 3-5 year rebuild to be a consistent 7-8 win team, you would think. The cupboard is pretty bare and recruiting isn't getting easier with Kentucky, Cincy, OSU, Michigan and Penn State getting the majority of the talent in the region.

PSU vs Bucks...good night nittany lions

Minnesota vs. NW...nice knowing ya minny

Illinois vs Iowa...interesting game.

Michigan State vs. Rutgers...LOL

Michigan vs Indiana. worst spot ever for wolverines.....Indiana might shock

Nebraksa vs. Maryland...LOL

Purdue at Wisconsin...wisky 33-14

Cheapest seat this week.....NW.. 4 dollars you can go.

Honestly, what has changed? Gophers still control their own destiny.

Well, it won't happen, but it CAN happen. We are huge tOSU fans right now. They win out and Gophers beat Wisconsin, we play in the Rose Bowl at minimum...

I'm good with that. It's been 50+ years since we've been there.

BTW, I will be in Vegas starting Wed night so if anyone wants to throw my a few good plays, I'm all ears.

My former bookie had $150k on Iowa last week at -3.5 lol. He'll throw me a bone I think...

Minnesota turned the corner in the extra bowl practices. Cane out and destroyed, physically destroyed, georgia tech, and have carried that forward
They destroyed Wisconsin in the last game of the year to become bowl eligible. Nobody expected that either.

In fairness, Wisky gave up pretty early in that one. G Tech had no interest from the start.

They destroyed Wisconsin in the last game of the year to become bowl eligible. Nobody expected that either.

In fairness, Wisky gave up pretty early in that one. G Tech had no interest from the start.

They had a ton..it was PJ last game.

They had a ton..it was PJ last game.
Maybe talking about it. It just seemed we dominated them so bad that maybe they never really showed up. I honestly would have never predicted it. We were not able to bully anybody last year except Wisconsin. I guess it wasn't a fluke but seemed like it at the time so I chalked it up to GT coming out flat.

lol...you go to taco bell.
Taco Bell and McDonalds are both 1.5/2 miles from my house. I spend my $4 at McDonalds every time. McDouble, McChicken, and small fries. Now if they ever put the bacon cheeseburger burrito back on the menu at Taco Bell, my standard practice just might change.

Taco Bell and McDonalds are both 1.5/2 miles from my house. I spend my $4 at McDonalds every time. McDouble, McChicken, and small fries. Now if they ever put the bacon cheeseburger burrito back on the menu at Taco Bell, my standard practice just might change.

haha...I go for the chalupas...pissed they don't have enchiritos anymore, that was my jam.

mcdonalds breakfast....yes please.

Minny/NW opened up at -10 which I thought was strangely low.

And allow me to whine about noon starts once again please haha

Minny/NW opened up at -10 which I thought was strangely low.

And allow me to whine about noon starts once again please haha
It will be interesting to see if Fox sticks with the same plan next year. Unfortunately, with the ratings they have gotten, I think they do.

In watching some of the Michigan State at Ohio St and Wisconsin at Ohio State, MSU and Wisky were able to disrupt defensively either in the 1st Q (MSU) or 1st H (Wisky). Problem was they couldn't sustain that, or OSU adjusted. Some of it in the Wisky game might've been weather related as OSU didn't start to open up til later in the half. But they were able to make Fields uncomfortable for a little bit.

I so desperately want to see Ohio State play a competitive 4 quarter game.

I so desperately want to see Ohio State play a competitive 4 quarter game.

I'd like to see them go up against a legit passing offense. Best passing offense they've played so far? Indiana? We might not see that until the playoffs. Or perhaps minnesota in the big 10 champ game.

It will be interesting to see if Fox sticks with the same plan next year. Unfortunately, with the ratings they have gotten, I think they do.

The negative feedback has been VERY loud so we'll see if they give a shit about that or not.

The thing is, they can put some of these games on at 3am and still get great ratings...so I don't see how using good ratings for the noon slot as a justification for keeping things the same makes any sort of sense.

The negative feedback has been VERY loud so we'll see if they give a shit about that or not.

The thing is, they can put some of these games on at 3am and still get great ratings...so I don't see how using good ratings for the noon slot as a justification for keeping things the same makes any sort of sense.
I'll say it again, they want that pregame footprint. That's their big thing.

Think he got dinged up in Q1 and was out the rest of the game. Don't recall what exactly happened and I am too lazy to go on the interwebs for further research.

Big 10 Championship Game

Rarely do you see a game between two top 10 teams with a line almost 3 Tds. 14 or less I was unloading on OSU, now its getting harder for me to do that. Some epic battles the last few years and PSU does have talent. That said, they arent winning so its just a matter of by how many for OSU. I didnt watch PSU game but the last drive where they finished the game off. Hamler was concussed I guess but Franklin says he'll be fine, so was he concussed?. Their best RB also was held out again, but should return. Obviously Chase Young returns with hair on fire for this game. One thing about PSU I've noticed this year is their O line is a lot better, but OSU will still expose it.

PSU has played 3 games against teams with competent offenses. Michigan moved ball at will in 2nd half and would have had more in first half if not for OPI. Minnesota went bananas throwing all over them. And Indiana had a ton of success. Purdue with a healthy Moore and QB would have had their way too. Pitt had success. Their secondary is terrible. #5 for PSU will be exposed and their safeties stink in pass co.

PSU's last 2 opps, passing on PDs: 20-for-26, 414 yds, 1 sack. YIKES. Ohio St usually just aims for the chains on PDs, but aggressiveness might pay off - Bill Connelly

Probably play it live, hope PSU plays it close in the first quarter and even takes a lead and then fire away. If the game gets closer into the second half could be in for another showdown. Something weird about this game to me, probably wrong but if PSU can get going on offense they can put up points quickly with Hamler and the tight end, something Wisconsin just could not do.

Back