B1G Week 12

Michigan injuries...

Lots of bumps in bruises, obviously.

Ross will be out again I believe. He can play in one more game this year. He is mostly healthy, but they want ti redshirt him since he missed so much time. I cannot wait for him and McGrone next year. Tasty...

Weather wise it looks good....It will be cold but no precipitation and not too much wind. Good ole November football. The last two years there was the monsoon and last year an interruption then rain in the 3rd I believe.

SGU update- their best receiver , Brendon Smith, is practicing this week ( high ankle 3 weeks ago) and will dress, warm up but not expected to play. I did not cap him participating but wouldn’t be surprised if he get snaps. Tyrone Tracey has been playing X in his absence and I actually think he has been more explosive, like him a lot and Iowa will give him 8-10 targets.

so I hear a lot of bullshit about SGU offense. And yes they have struggled this year but the talent level at receiver, especially , is the best in the ferenz era. And with competent senior quarterback they should be producing much more. The problem is the defense leads here and ferenz will always play a game in the box with the superior defense especially at home. If you have followed SGU in the past this has not changed —he will always play a conservative attack when his defense has control and they have most of the year ..all the losses versus very good teams have been very short number losses. Just saying, Iowa has ponies on offense but will ferenz allow them to run? I think so. Big ten west not reality now , so I think you will see much more aggression on offense, and as stated this isn’t NW offense with no talent. They are capable and at home, superior defense and short number. TU

don’t mean to hijack bars thread , but now using it as gateway drug . Toe meet water .lol. Been through a lot personally. Just sayin. Appreciate comments above. Many great friends on here. Leave it at that. GLA

One thing that Bob Stoops taught me is that when you beat the shit out of a team to make a point (77-0 as -30.5), you want to take it easy on the next opponent (41-3 as -53) so the first will understand that it *was* personal.
What did the Ags do to him?
it should have been 84, why let up at the 12yd(or whatever it was)? I was so pissed at the Ag performance, I didn't care the score. Hello, rock bottom.
It was a typical B12 defense tho.

SGU update- their best receiver , Brendon Smith, is practicing this week ( high ankle 3 weeks ago) and will dress, warm up but not expected to play. I did not cap him participating but wouldn’t be surprised if he get snaps. Tyrone Tracey has been playing X in his absence and I actually think he has been more explosive, like him a lot and Iowa will give him 8-10 targets.

so I hear a lot of bullshit about SGU offense. And yes they have struggled this year but the talent level at receiver, especially , is the best in the ferenz era. And with competent senior quarterback they should be producing much more. The problem is the defense leads here and ferenz will always play a game in the box with the superior defense especially at home. If you have followed SGU in the past this has not changed —he will always play a conservative attack when his defense has control and they have most of the year ..all the losses versus very good teams have been very short number losses. Just saying, Iowa has ponies on offense but will ferenz allow them to run? I think so. Big ten west not reality now , so I think you will see much more aggression on offense, and as stated this isn’t NW offense with no talent. They are capable and at home, superior defense and short number. TU

don’t mean to hijack bars thread , but now using it as gateway drug . Toe meet water .lol. Been through a lot personally. Just sayin. Appreciate comments above. Many great friends on here. Leave it at that. GLA
This is a community thread for the conference. Hunt, I and sometimes others just rotate who starts it. No hijacks, loving the contributions and the blast from the past.

What did the Ags do to him?
it should have been 84, why let up at the 12yd(or whatever it was)? I was so pissed at the Ag performance, I didn't care the score. Hello, rock bottom.
It was a typical B12 defense tho.
I heard it was your fans the prior year in CS. Throwing bags of urine on OU fans is the only specific thing I remember.

On Michigan State, one can't forget the terrible FG kicking season they have had. Coghlin is 13-of-20.

Great to see you back in action tee*dub and appreciate those thoughts.

I'm trying to assess how much I like Indiana this week.....the last 4 games they have won were vs teams combined w/l record of 10-27 (NW, Neb, Rut, Mary).

I was actually wondering in September what was wrong with Indiana around the UConn game. Then they played better that I thought they would vs Michigan St (many here liked IU with the pts vs MSU)...but even now MSU is 4-5 and we've seen just how much of a disaster they are turning out to be.

2010: Iowa
DJK, McNutt and Moeaki?
talking WR. Loved me some mcnutt DJK but neither even sniffed significant Sunday career. I believe smith and perhaps Tracey will. JMO. Crazy how many top talent TE’s ferenz has developed. Dallas Clark, kittle, hockensen, Fant and they forget about several others and moeaki is one of. Early with chiefs when healthy , no one better as you know. Good stuff

2010: Iowa

talking WR. Loved me some mcnutt DJK but neither even sniffed significant Sunday career. I believe smith and perhaps Tracey will. JMO. Crazy how many top talent TE’s ferenz has developed. Dallas Clark, kittle, hockensen, Fant and they forget about several others and moeaki is one of. Early with chiefs when healthy , no one better as you know. Good stuff

Got dam I love having you in here @tee*dub

On Michigan State, one can't forget the terrible FG kicking season they have had. Coghlin is 13-of-20.

Quoting myself here, because in pointing out Michigan State's FG kicking woes, I forgot Michigan has their own kicking struggles.

Jake Moody has missed 3 of his last 4 going 6-for-9 on the year. Quinn Nordin has hit only 1-of-4.

I'll add some more to this in about 8 hours. Obviously the shocking news today has kept my mind elsewhere. Currently hoping for a 14 pt Michigan win. Obviously, I bet Wisconsin... Because it's the right thing to do... I think they'll have an unexpected edge from above.

Dude an LSU fan pointing out another fan base being disrespectful is like Satan bemoaning the evils inflicted by Ivan The Terrible
Dude, an Alabama student pointing out another fan base being disrespectful is just as bad. This is the fanbase that poisoned a tree, tea bagged a rival fan while passed out and filmed it, a long with getting snockered in the stands and starting fights annually. Film to prove that one too.

Tee welcome back - the legend! Hope all is well. Thanks for the writeup!

Dude, an Alabama student pointing out another fan base being disrespectful is just as bad. This is the fanbase that poisoned a tree, tea bagged a rival fan while passed out and filmed it, a long with getting snockered in the stands and starting fights annually. Film to prove that one too.

Dude you could find random incidents of every fanbase. But LSU fans are consistently at least one of the worst and i‘m talking collectively because every fanbase has some criminals that‘s trivially true.

Alright, some quick MSU-UM thoughts...

Sparty will have to muck this game up and create turnovers. I guess you can say this for any double-digit underdog though but today it is especially important. They are limited at the skill positions so scoring will be tough against an ever improving defense. I expect a few Sparty trick plays but Michigan is ready for those, no doubt.

On the other side, Mich plays to 1 turnover or less they win pretty comfortably. I think you'll see the run game struggle early but come on in the 2nd half. They have to attack the secondary. Yes, Shea doesn't throw the best deep ball but they need more than one shot to Nico etc. It works more times than not when in Nico's direction.

As far as spread and total...I have -13.5 and +14.5(GOY line) so you know what I am rooting for. I cannot see MSU getting more than 14-17, and that would be with good field position. I think Michigan wins something like 31-10 to be honest but keep this in mind from the MSU pregame shenanigans last year. You can love or hate JH as much as you want but during this era of his career he generally is very respectful of the opposing coaches. Many Michigan fans hate that because of what a dick Dantonio has been (and the way MSU staffers treated Jim's wife/family a few years ago) through the years. We kind of saw the old 'what's your deal' JH vs ND and seeing UM go a bit harder in a comfortable game today would be NO surprise.

Elsewhere -- staying away from the game in Jersey. I know things I like but with all those guys sitting, no thanks.

Obviously bet on Wisconsin...

rolling with Iowa, sorry @P-Unit

Indiana seems like a great situational play. I have seen some crazy endings ats in that series though it seems.

That is about what I got.

Go Blue and On Wisconsin.

I really wanted to bet Sparty but its off the card. I think the Harbaugh prick factor might be in play and they add on late..

Good to see you around Tee....you still sipping Templeton?
They started selling the 4 year in our Costco's out here in the Bay Area...$28 for the big bottles!

yes sir. had a glass last night jdogg. Its no longer small batch for sure.. I buy mine at Sam's club. Its still a fine sipper but not quite as good as the early rare stuff of which I still have a few

currently only have two significant plays. Iowa posted above at TU... And 4 units on Iowa state/ Florida ML parlay at -109 (check tease odds also).. waiting on a couple numbers mid afternoon and one tonight.. I'l try to start my own thread next week, had planned to do so this week but given the terrible news, lost some enthusiasm

WTF are they thinking.. Nebraska announces two year extension for Frost..Had 5 years remaining.. I guess it makes sense when you have worse winning percentage than any of your predecessors last 60+ years.. His agent is gold

currently only have two significant plays. Iowa posted above at TU... And 4 units on Iowa state/ Florida ML parlay at -109 (check tease odds also).. waiting on a couple numbers mid afternoon and one tonight.. I'l try to start my own thread next week, had planned to do so this week but given the terrible news, lost some enthusiasm
Hey Tee, you're not allowed to disappear anymore. This might sound stupid because this only a forum but we family too my friend. So great to have you back. Hope life is better for you.

Thank you for winner sir, followed your TU play.

Back