B1G WEEK 12

Two very good rush defenses, obviously...

Wisconsin #1 81.5 ypg (2.82 ypc)

Michigan #9 110.3 ypg (3.27 ypc)

The one difference here...and this is partly because of the fact that Wisky has that unreal T.O.P....

48 more rushing attempts against Michigan / plus played Flyboys

Non-option FB dives never seem to work for the teams I have. No head of steam and always gets stuffed right when I need a yard.
This is the case...A LOT...

The plays with Houma were awesome and they ran it some with Panda last year as well.

Yeah, I'm sure they can draw it up to work. My teams just always either punt or are SOD after running it.

Injury-wise for Michigan...

Gary said days ago he was fine and playing.

Ty practiced this week. He had not traveled last week.

I believe Higdon is just fine.

Hill had to go through the protocol. My hunch is he does not play. That hurts obviously.

Rain looks like it tapers off around an hour before the game.

Winds looking like 15-20 mph

High 30's.

Wind is obviously a factor with special teams. Nordin is slumping right now. I don't totally trust Michigan punters. I also get real nervous with DPJ fielding punts. He is a future AA but I'd rather he not be back there right now. It just isn't worth it.

Here is my quick thoughts...

I have no plays for the game. If I had to pick one thing, it would be Wisky tt u 23 or 24....I think that this is an under game and I see a fast clock. I think Michigan is more apt to score off picks/turnovers so I would isolate one team here and go from there.

Michigan has to continue with the low turnover games and be patient. They will be patient, it is all they know except in that monsoon where they decided to pass for some reason. They will have to have a few new wrinkles to get some chunk yardage. This game will be won in the redzone.

UW needs a clean game from Horni. Simple as that.

I can see anything happening here.

If Peters has no turnovers and Michigan can force a few I say they win 20-17.

If that is not the case, I can see a 21-16 type loss.

(yes, I get those predictions are closer to the UW tt -- but that would be my safest recommendation).

I did say I can see Michigan covering the last three games before last week, and once again, that would be no surprise this week. A total blitzing by Wisconsin would be something else. They have all the pressure though.

Last thing...

Michigan defense excels in 2nd and 3rd and long. If UW can get positive yardage on 1st down more times than not they will be able to move the ball somewhat. That is always hit n miss with UM defense though.

The big thing here will be if UM gives up their every 3 of 4 games big play early in the game for a score or to set one up...it was there a few times for Maryland last week but they could not make the plays.

Great read as always guys. Everyone at ctg has really made my NCAA football season enjoyable as could be given my circumstance.

I knew coming into the year I wasn't gonna have the time to cap I normally do (decided as such I would be better served capping NFL as obviously quicker to get thru card, my Sunday's free, and can watch those condensed replays which great for games i missed) and unfortunately I've only gotten to watch a handful of games here and there all season.

coming here late Friday nights after the little woman asleep and reading all the threads I've grown accustomed to having/seeing great discussions on has helped keep this season enjoyable for me tho not very involved!!! Can't say enough how much I appreciate everyone sharing their incite and plays!!

Wisconsin Rush Os faced avg rank 89
#8 Florida Atlantic
#58 Maryland
#80 Utah State
#84 Purdue
#98 Northwestern
#103 Iowa
#109 BYU
#113 Indiana
#115 Nebraska
#122 Illinois

Michigan Rush Os faced avg rank 64.5
#5 Air Force
#37 Minnesota
#58 Maryland
#61 Rutgers
#76 Florida
#83 Michigan State
#84 Purdue
#89 Penn State
#97 Cincinnati
#113 Indiana

Also note that FAU has become a really good rushing team. When they played Wisconsin week 2, they were off just a 40y performance week 1 vs Navy.

That said, Wisconsin D is still incredibly good. Not meaning to take away from them, just explain why their numbers are what they are.

I feel bad for anyone who had Mich plus the points.

This game changed in a 2 min span.

For some weird ass reason the true Frosh was in on 3rd and 13 on that 1st Wisconsin scoring drive and gave up the huge play to Taylor. I literally have no idea why he was. Then, the Peters injury totally deflated the team in general. Michigan defense was just stifling Wisconsin and making Horni look awful like he is. Ever since that play against the Freshman they have been playing much better.

Sucks, Michigan having a successful season ended due to a weird situation of a guy that doesn't play covering that play and then the (I'm guessing) season ending injury to BP.

Literally deflated in the matter of minutes.

Back