B1G WEEK 10

HUNT

CTG Partner
Staff member
Epic game in the shoe this past Saturday...good tv.

Onto this week..

Wisconsin vs. Indiana...
I'm guessing Wisconsin is kind of bored lately...boring easy badger win here.

PSU/MSU..
I actually think this might be a surprisingly close game...PSU d was exposed. Mark D is pretty good in these spots. I do wonder what both teams psyche is..

Illinois/Purdue..
Bless your heart if you give a fuck about this one.

Ohio State/Iowa..
Don't believe the let down...toSU rooooolllsss

Maryland/Rutgers..
Don't give a fuck

Northwestern/Nebraska..
No idea what to expect here..Don't have a good read on either team but this game intrigues me for some reason...

Michigan/Minnesota
Harbaugh finally listened to HUNT..Michigan big

I have a hard time seeing Iowa doing much on O, they just aren't that good. In B1G games avg 14 ppg without ILL, 20.2 with ILL (vs ILL was misleading because of all the setups the Iowa D gave them). O 283 ypg without ILL, 314 with ILL game.

But it will make for entertaining game if Iowa can play over their heads again like they did vs Penn St, so from that point of view I hope it happens.

Iowa has quite the history of facing top teams at home. Had beaten 3 top 5's in a row at home before losing to psu

They've also lost 5 straight to Ohio State and are 1-13 in the last 14.

Thanks for getting us started everyone. I have several thoughts, gonna try and do them at 9 am before I leave for the day...

Thanks to all each and every week...

Quick last week thoughts...

Minny and Iowa couldn't even combine for 600 yards offense. Minny QB was 9 for 29 in the game. What an ugly affair overall. Props to anyone who suffered through this dumpster fire of a game...

I had a feeling Nebraska would win and getting some points was the play there. They needed comeback though. Gritty win for VK's favorite team...

Maryland wasn't a surprise either. The situation for Indiana was awful. Now, with that being said, I would have taken under 81.5 for a super max bet (if I knew ahead of time no OT) 10 outta 10 times. Sometimes that happens with two bad teams, they get into a random score-fest.

Wisconsin and Illinois barely broke 600 yards of offense. Illinois outdid the Gophers by combining for 9-31 passing by the QB's. Looks like it was a simple 'get enough done to win' game for Wisconsin.

I'll ignore stats in MSU-NW because this was a 10-10 game in the 4th quarter. Michigan State hit a big play early and then did much of nothing. Northwestern was Northwestern. Simply a close game either could have won. MSU Rb's had 21 for 65...that has to be a concern...

Michigan and Rutgers... Rutgers got a huge play for TD...Michigan looked much better once B.P. was in...the whole team looked better. I'll talk more about 'that' in a later post. Seemed like there were some injuries but haven't heard a peep yet. Kareem Walker getting touches made me smile. Run blocking keeps improving. Obviously this is Rutgers. Rashan Gary was dominant. He was so geeked up he missed some sacks being 'too fast'. Michigan Nordin missed a FG bad after the missed XP at Penn State...

OSU and PSU was a classic. I think someone (cough) said that when game was double digits in 2nd quarter...it was coming...took awhile for sure...JT was brilliant. PSU just makes plays...tough defeat for either team... great $$$ for me though...thx OSU...

How about all the time Barrett had in the 2nd half on those TD throws? The often maligned tOSU OL did pretty good. Last year PSU got him 6x. They sacked NW & Mich comb'd 11x. Only 2x vs Bucks this year.

How about all the time Barrett had in the 2nd half on those TD throws? The often maligned tOSU OL did pretty good. Last year PSU got him 6x. They sacked NW & Mich comb'd 11x. Only 2x vs Bucks this year.

Yeah, it was impressive by OSU. The multitude of offensive weapons helps.

All three teams needed to pass in 2h a bit more than they would want but the first two the Nittany Lions could simply tee off on...

Alright, on to a new week...week #10 in the season. Oh where has the time gone?

Illinois visits Purdue... I cannot get excited here whatsoever. this is a 2 TD line which is scary enough with Purdue but they are playing the Illini. I would run far, far away from any potential bets here. If the Boilers want to sneak into a bowl they must win this and then get 2 of last 3 against average teams.

Northwestern and Nebraska both off last game wins last week. Is NW getting it together finally? A bit? I dunno. I would like to be getting a few points to take them in Lincoln though. I'll defer on this game totally.

Maryland and Rutgers renew their historic rivalry in Jersey. Maryland needs this win then an upset of UM/MSU/PSU to get to 6 wins. Although that will be tough, it will be impossible if they lose to Rutgers. The Scarlet Knights should be happy with their two conference wins and build on that. If I had to bet, I'd go Maryland ML here but it would be torture to even follow this game.

You can check out Cavs MSU-PSU preview thread for more talk. Lots of variables here as I said with an early start, hangover perhaps both ways? Or a team ready to get back at it and make a statement? I dunno. My mind is all over on this game and that means the best thing to do is shut it down and watch for a half...

Ohio State goes to Iowa. The Iowa myth is generally real. Even with a dominant performance there week ago, PSU needed a last second TD to win. Now, this Iowa team does not seem to be improving this year. On the other side, OSU hasn't had a true 'letdown' game. This is different, because they seem to have a few with CUM each year but they have rolled right on since the Sooner game. Ask yourself this...what would you make Iowa vs Nebraska on a neutral field? That is a good starting point for capping this game. Also, how do you compare this Iowa team to last years edition? Then remember 51 weeks ago they were a 24 point dog at home. If you tell me I can get a slow start to this game and we see something like 14-10 at halftime, sign me up because the 2h will have a very 'healthy' play.

Michigan and Minnesota...I'll have more on that later today...

Lee was really good again and now he faces a pretty poor pass defense at home. Nebraska should chuck it 50 times again if they know what's good for them. The OL run blocking is the worst I've ever seen - just completely awful.

Minnesota at Michigan

Quick thoughts for now...

1. Weather, weather weather.

2. Doesn't look like any significant injuries other than Crawford who sat out last week

3. This is a tough game to bet, imo. Weather, new QB and how will they combine the two in the play package?

4. Minnesota is awful

5. Michigan Night Games record is putrid under JH.

I'll repeat again, in general, check the weather this week. No reason to bet into bad numbers now or get stuck on a bad bet simply due to Mother Nature. Been there, done that. It is not fun whatsoever.

I have a hard time seeing Iowa doing much on O, they just aren't that good. In B1G games avg 14 ppg without ILL, 20.2 with ILL (vs ILL was misleading because of all the setups the Iowa D gave them). O 283 ypg without ILL, 314 with ILL game.

But it will make for entertaining game if Iowa can play over their heads again like they did vs Penn St, so from that point of view I hope it happens.

Good job breaking that down, I missed this the first time around.

I think a good way to cap this game is to look at the Iowa expected points and go from there.

My prediction for UM-Minny...

20-13

I think it will be an ugly affair and UM offense will struggle.

No monsoon but light to steady rain all game long it looks like. No much wind to deal with.

Definitely some KEY injuries for Michigan on that side. Figured watching a few leave the game last week but few more than expected.

OSU 41-10 is my only other solid prediction.

That could be 41-17...

But they cover....

This is going to be the greatest night of their life for thousands upon thousands of people in Iowa City. I never really believed what I was seeing, that game for Iowa was a piece of art. An all timer. Grandparents will be telling their grandkids about it 50 years from now.

Reactions: KJ
This is going to be the greatest night of their life for thousands upon thousands of people in Iowa City. I never really believed what I was seeing, that game for Iowa was a piece of art. An all timer. Grandparents will be telling their grandkids about it 50 years from now.
You know as an ISU fan I hate this to a degree but half fam are Iowa folks....mad props

1009451751%20OSUIAFB_53337.jpg

The fans in Ames are better field stormers KJ.

Good ole Kinnick...

GO GREEN - - -
Drivers seat for BIG East.

Amazing.

They have won two weather games and that basically has them controlling their own destiny.

They couldn't run today...if their is no lightning they are screwed in the rain...

Sun shines bright over that rainbow...

Oh, and James Franklin calling his team young is pretty funny. They still cannot beat ranked teams on the road.

Back