B1G 2016 week 5 thread

HUNT

CTG Partner
Staff member
Some interesting games this week.

Obviously the big game is Michigan and Wisconsin. I expect the wolverines to be in a battle this week.

Will be interesting to see if Wisconsin blitzes Speight a bit. The oline of Michigan pass pro is suspect imo and probably the biggest weakness of the team so far. I'm expecting a lot of screens, short throws, etc.

Speight has difficulty with the long ball and throwing to sidelines. Over the middle, he's pretty solid.

Wisconsin qb doesn't have a gun by any means but gets good protection and is patient /accurate.

Both defenses will come to play, lot of clock control, good old fashioned b1g football everyone hates.

Urb can name the score this week but not sure he will go heavy on the pedal with ash on the sideline for Rutgers.

Unders with northwestern seem to hit at a good clip.

Iowa is Iowa. Good d, solid run game.

Illinois deficiencies starting to really show on defense.

I expected Indiana to have a 50+ point game already.

Gl this week. Bring the heat in.

I haven't looked at any B1G stuff yet but my gut told me Indiana as soon as I saw that 7.5.. Anybody that follows those teams closer have an opinion?

indy can move the ball, but lagow played like shit yesterday. they aren't near as good on offense as they were last year. better on D tho

hunt, good call on hornibrook. works through his progressions, is calm, shuffles in the pocket with eyes downfield and is accurate. but his arm is a problem. gotta squeeze balls in in the red zone. the floater he threw to the te at the goalline is the type of pass that would scare me down the road. he's way better than houston but now that d coordinators have a couple games on tape I see some interceptions in his future

this is the 1st year the B1G is playing 9 conference games......maybe a good idea, but a point was made. With Indiana and Purdue and NW losing games they shoulda won to the non-conf(look the mac-B1G relationship is going no where, here to stay)......it will hurt them come bowl season. it will cause less teams to get bids, when in reality they look to be strong this year

I played Mich St/Indy OVER 54

I started looking at this game Sunday and like a few things about the over. First is how this series has played in recent history - it tends to be a spot where both teams score. 52-26, 56-17, 42-28, 31-27, 55-3, 42-29, 52-27, 46-21, 46-15, 30-20. I don't think what happened 10 years ago plays a huge role in what happens but it has shown a trend that this game seems to be played pretty openly. Last year it was 28-26 after 3Q and Mich St scored 24 unanswered in 4Q. As Cub mentioned above it does look like Indy took step back offensively and stepped up defensively but I'm not sure by how much. In reading the post-mortem from the Indy/Wake game last week the big problem from the Indy offense was missing two NFL-level OL in the game, rendering their run game useless, and forcing Lagnow to throw a ton and his receivers let him down it appears. The thing I like about this as it pertains to over is if the two guys get healthy you have a better functioning offense and likely more points or if they don't then you have a coach who will use lots of tempo to mask their other inefficiencies and create an edge that way. Either way, I think it lends itself toward an over type game. The Indy offense has been both efficient and explosive and this is a Mich St defense that seems to have taken a step back themselves while the jury is still out on the offense. Major class relief for Mich St here going from Wisky defense to Indy here. Pace should be slightly above average, I think. Mich St likely without their two best LB in this game and with the way DAntonio likes to stay in base as much as possible that hurts them. Hoping to see the Mich St offense we saw against ND and if we do I think this one is another on the list of high scoring games in this series.

Last edited:
I'm glad someone bombed the over on the NW/Iowa game this morning. This was sitting at 40 and I told myself if it hit 39.5 (currently 43) I would be forced to be the Over but man that would be a hold your nose bet...

Figured time to chime in...

No way I touch OSU and OSUe... CUM will take it easy on his boy, you would think. It might not matter though.

Gotta lean Minnesota there...

No clue on Illy @ 'Braska to be honest...

On Purdue and Mary...not a lot of thought...if I had to bet...over the 56 though...

Different IU team this year. Thankfully I have layed off TT's with them as I had them kinda circled a bit. MSU down a few injuries defensively...no idea what they will do with QB situation but they beat Furman and a 1-3 ND team...and struggled with an what should prove to be an average Wisconsin team. I gotta look more at thinks but CK write-up is solid.

Northwestern has been a mystery so far, always interesting games with Iowa it seems. Lean Iowa there for now.

-----------------

Now to the home game...

I won't lie to you, I haven't bet a lot of CFB this year but UM TT Hova has been my best play so far. Now that the total is dropping I am tempted again...

I've seen some posts questioning the spread...so that makes me ask what would you make it on a nuetral site? I always think that is best thing to do when thinking about lines or also doing both home venues...

I won't lie to you, I respect this Wisconsin club but they are just average for how they have been for along time. Don't pay too much into the LSU/MSU wins. Last week was a good win against a very average team. The LSU win was good too but that team just lost to Auburn, who are a dumpster fire in their own right...

I expect a good ole fashioned Big10 game here but Michigan will pull away and win something like 38-10/31-13/34-7...

The UM team is starting to get healthy and that is only for the good....

Michigan would be a small favorite at Wisky I would they not? So the 10.5 here seems right. Actually just looked at the GOY number and it was 13, so Michigan has been about what everyone expected and Wisconsin has been better, so lower number here. Some might argue maybe it could be a little bit of a larger adjustment in Wisky's favor from GOY line, but not too much because Michigan backers would gobble that up. For full disclosure I'm personally 0-3 betting against Badgers this year so what do I know!

I read that. Pretty big. Kicker out too.

There is only one kicker that should ever be mentioned in this thread!

The one hitta quitta! [video=youtube;SX3sQLcLjYQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SX3sQLcLjYQ[/video]

Great thread guys. Thanks for the input. I'm with BAR on those UM tt. Harbaugh keeps pushing offensively much like he covered spreads at Stanford.

mr. hunt, I gotta thank you for attending the PSU / Michigan last week. I figure I won my bet because you were there cheering for me.
might go with them again this week. Also lean PSU at home. Isn't this minny's first road game ?
its unusual for me to play favs but I also like Nebraska
good luck all
bull

mr hunt, earlier today I wrote a lengthy post with my b1g picks. When I came back a few minutes ago I found my post never made it and the notation was please refresh . I don't know what please refresh means . Can u tell me. Thanks. bull

mr hunt, earlier today I wrote a lengthy post with my b1g picks. When I came back a few minutes ago I found my post never made it and the notation was please refresh . I don't know what please refresh means . Can u tell me. Thanks. bull

That's interesting bull. Can't say I've seen that here before. I'll ask someone for you.

So I know we got some Penn State guys here. They gotta fire this guy right. I know Pedo state got hit, but this coach sucks right?

Jaylen Walter says I got your back Big Blue homie[video=youtube;fc8ObSROPFE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fc8ObSROPFE[/video]

They had a huge discussion on that kicker on b10 show. Comedy.

Twink, I don't think so yet. Lot of youngins playing and implementing that new offense will take time. Franklin is just a horrible fit there though imo. Was talking to a guy at the game who was a state Penn fan and he looked and sounded like I did with rich rod at Michigan. Full of optimism but you know odds just against you.

They had a huge discussion on that kicker on b10 show. Comedy.

Twink, I don't think so yet. Lot of youngins playing and implementing that new offense will take time. Franklin is just a horrible fit there though imo. Was talking to a guy at the game who was a state Penn fan and he looked and sounded like I did with rich rod at Michigan. Full of optimism but you know odds just against you.

i know he is up against it and injuries awful, but man

it aint working

Back