B1G 10 Expansion

GoIrish!

Pretty much a regular
why have maryland and rutgers joing....2 shitty teams in most sports. Am i missing the reason? Are they just trying to add more Red jersey teams?

FSU will go to the Big 12 before it goes to the SEC

and the supposed next two Big 10 schools are NC State and Georgia Tech

This is a direct result of the ACC getting that agreement with ND btw

Delany was not happy that the ACC went 'outside of its traditional footprint' and he was obviously pissed that his dream scenario of ND to the Big 10 was dead

I think the ACC is toast...I've heard rumors of UNC/Ga Tech/NC State/Virginia/etc...

Opinion only that UNC is the one that goes B1G but regardless Delaney will get 2 more that he wants.

i'm not sure if i buy that...why would ND agree with ACC on terms...i think their is more to the story that people don't know about

ND does not make bad business moves with out guarantees...

So I'll retract the ACC is toast comment but the ACC as we know it is toast. I think it becomes more of a merge of leftover ACC schools and Big East schools forming a pretty great basketball conference.

Was the 50 million to leave the ACC in place before the ND deal? You'd think the 50 million would give the ACC stability (I thought it would) but clearly Maryland just proved otherwise.

Just the next step to 4-16 team superconferences.

Maryland has to be happy, saves a lot of their other smaller sports and/or re-ignites them.

We'll see about the potential other two that may come. I know many are clamoring for GT. Their academics par up to be in B1G.

Sports Illustrated reported strong comments from Duke basketball coach Mike Krzyzewski that were taped Monday for his weekly Sirius XM radio show, which will air Wednesday: "I think the ACC is vulnerable right now, I'm concerned about our conference."
Krzyzewski continued: "I do think more people are going to go after people in our conference now. Especially if Maryland shows that in some way they can reduce or get out of that $50 million commitment."
And then this from Notre Dame basketball coach Mike Brey, via the South Bend Tribune: "Is the ACC stable? Are we OK or what are we doing here? Interesting times."
Not exactly reassuring comments from two of the most respected people with ACC ties, especially on one of the most somber days in league history.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...ies+(Sports+-+College+Football+-+Top+Stories)

Great article there on the expansion. Ruins my thought on FSU to the SEC for sure. I disagree with UNC/Duke going somewhere as a pair though as I think UNC goes to either the B1G or SEC super conference and Duke stays behind.

A rationale person would think that but I think when UNC sees the $$ they won't hesitate to leave their friend behind. This super conference stuff is nuts.

Maryland was inevitable. They've cut so many non revenue sports bc Debbie Yow (old AD) gambled on expanding Byrd Stadium and adding like 37 luxury boxes that, maybe, ten are actually occupied. Because of that dumbass decision they are in major debt. If they had been stable, they would not have left. The $50 M buyout will be partly paid by the idiot at UNder Armor and I'm also sure the B1G will pony up some too. For sure, other ACC schools will be paying close attention to see if $50 M is indeed the actual payout. The ACC better not backslide on the $$$.

Back