• PICK CLUB WEEK #1 LINES ARE POSTED!

B16 Week #7...

B.A.R.

CTG Partner
Staff member
Time flies when you are having fun, amirite? We are now firmly into the Big Ten conference season, and we will start at least having a few intriguing matchups sooner than later. I am all for it. We are less than two weeks away from the first of the Big 3 matchups, and we really need that as fans of the conference. Until then, we power on...

Let us peek back at last week. Overall, pretty happy with how the conference treated myself on a few live bets. The late pre-game add of Over in OSU was a bad cap, simple as that. We almost front-doored that one late though. Michigan TT's live half and game were very satisfying. The Illinois 3rd quarter under was definitely a sweat with turnovers, but overall, the correct call. That was all for myself, in the land of 16/18 teams.

Friday night, the Huskers handled Illinois on the scoreboard. Now, the yards were nearly even -- but 140 of those 310 Illini yards came via their FIRST and LAST drives. Each of those resulted in zero points. Nebraska ran the ball very well in this game. Both teams had turnover issues.

I did not see much of the Rutgers and Wisconsin game. In fact, the last I saw was 3-0 in the 2nd and suddenly there was two late tuddy's to make the 1st half margin nearly insurmountable. So, how did this game change?

Wisconsin led 3-0 for well over a quarter. Then, they had a very impressive drive that ended with a fumble inside the 5. Undeterred, they made the stop and got the ball back on their own 39 and drove down for the score. The next possession Rutgers finally for their offense going and drove down inside the Wisconsin 10. Gavin tossed a 95-yard interception return though with less than 10 seconds left in the half. So, we went from possibly 10-7/1--3 at halftime to 17-0 Badgers.

As for the rest of the game, Wisconsin had what looks to be a vintage Badger 5+ min drive beginning before and ending after 'jump around. This led to 24-6 and a cover looked to be coming. Not so fast. Rutgers once again got to near the Wisconsin 10 with 5 minutes left but were SOD's. That was 0-2 at this point inside the RZ with a pick 6 involved. Well, Wisconsin promptly fumbled a few plays later. Rutgers finally punched one in to get the cover. Wisconsin used 7 plays to run the clock out from the 4 min mark on.

I had no money here. We discussed how something weird would happen to determine this cover. I think the few of us decided that would be in Wisconsin's favor, but alas, Rutgers received the money. Wisconsin 46-213 on the ground was the biggest factor here.

I am just now seeing this Northwestern and Howard box. The cats had a little scare late, with 14 late Howard points. Howard actually had 19 more yards in this game. There isn't much to gleam from this one.

Iowa with another home win, this one 20-14 over the Boilermakers. The Iowa QB, in place of Cade, was 6-21 for 110 yards. Good gracious. Purdue had more yards and many more 1st downs. They lost the turnover battle though. Let us look at a few drives...

Iowa 1st touchdown was 2 plays, the score being on a 67-yard run.

The next 10 drives went like this...

Punt
Interception
Missed FG
Punt
Interception
FG (drive was 4 plays, -4 yards)
Punt
Punt Punt
Missed FG

Purdue then had a solid drive near the end of the half to make the score 10-7 at halftime.

Iowa was in form control in the 4th. Thy missed a FG at the 20-7 score with 4:53 left. Purdue grabbed a late score and even got the ball back -- but they went 4 and out to finish their chances.

Ohio State struggled for more than half the game before finding a lot of MHJ and shutting down the terps after they led 17-10. At the end of the thread, you'll see how this game changed in the 2h. Take note of 2h yards and yards per play. The wrong team covered, but at least Maryland was trying till the end (creating those opportunities for OSU to score 3 more times)

Michigan absolutely demolished Minnesota. I will say, the quotes from PJ after the game were something else. He was highly impressed and think this is the best he has faced in 11 years of coaching. His praise was several paragraphs worth. He credited his own team for playing hard etc, but simply noted there was nothing they could do.

For the 2nd straight game, every Michigan player but the 2nd team LS played in a road game (less travel on the road),

These last two road games have been pretty darn CLEAN for Michigan. Last week, zero penalties. This week, one in the 4th (plus a kick out of bounds). They are just very sound fundamentally. Minny QB was 5-15 overall. I will say, frosh Taylor at RB impressed myself for Minnesota. Michigan only had 191 on ground, but it was an efficient effort. JJ was once again terrific, including some TD runs. He needs to stay careful running, but if he needed to take over a game with his legs -- he certainly could.

Bottom line -- workmanlike effort.

Two more like that, and then a bye week to gear up for the last 4 games which will be the ultimate test in order to win a 3rd straight championship.

Onto Week #7

Penn State vs Umass

The Lions will prepare for their biggest game of the year to date with a visit from the Minutemen. This is lined at 43-58. That sets up a team total of 50.5 or so. Wow. I would think they are in total exhibition mode here, but you never know with ole Jimmy Franklin! The game that pops in my head here, and really has no relevance but I'll reminisce anyways -- Nova @ PSU back in late September of 2021. The Lions led 31-3 entering the 4th only to give up 14 late points to screw me on some type of bet. THAT is why I remember! Anyways, I actually would lean over here, as I think Umass gets a few points. Or perhaps their TT is a good bet. We'll likely see a 7.5, so something to chew on.

Rutgers vs Michigan State

Once again, one of the greatest rivalries in sports renews. This is a huge "trophy" game. The battle for the "SITUATION" trophy has most definitely produced some classics over the years. Will Mike do the coinflip on Saturday?? We can only hope!

Anyways, big game here for Rutgers. In making the next step, these are games you must win, at home versus lesser teams. Please do not take that offensively Spartan fans, that is simply the state of the team right now. Between Mike Dantonio's lackluster recruiting his last few years + Mel's reluctance to recruit much more than portal players -- the depth and talent is simply lacking right now. Houser should get the start. I hope for Barnett and company that the week off let them concentrate on getting their minds on football in totality, and away from Tugger-Gate. Line is 5.5 and 41 currently. I do think Rutgers wins, but something tells me this will be a hard fought one. No bets, as of now.

Maryland vs Illinois

The Terps acquitted themselves pretty nicely through 35-40 minutes inside the shoe last week. Then, the MHJ show started and Maryland gave away several short fields. The final score was misleading, but the bottom line is they came up short again versus one of the Big 3. The come home to face an Illinois team that to be honest, isn't improving as we go at all. This is a win, but they better not slumber around early on. The 14.5/52 seems about right, as the Illini defense won't just lie down. Win this, and then another winnable game before the next big one -- in Happy Valley. They'll roll into November likely 7-1 and have two more spoiler chances. As of now, no thoughts on bets. I would want to watch and see how they come out.

Wisconsin vs Iowa

A rivalry renewed. Wisconsin has to be watching film and salivating at facing this QB with accuracy issues. The Badgers are favored by 9.5 in another low total Iowa game, 37. If they can keep a clean sheet, Wisconsin should win this by 10-17 points. That is a big 'if' versus a good defense. I do think we'll see Wisconsin put together some really good efforts coming in. That is generally how things go with a new, good coach. Still pondering this one.

Ohio State vs Purdue

Listen, this isn't your older cousins Buckeye's. They are not going to consistently light up the scoreboard like they did for the better part of 10 years. This isn't the QB, and this certainly is not the OL to sustain great offense. They are always a talented team, and have two future stud NFL wide-outs out there. They are a top 10 team, but they can be had. Notre Dame had them, and they are showing to be a pretty average team (to my surprise). All that being said, I expect they will improve each week this season. That has been their general trajectory the few times they have looked 'off' in the first half of the season. Next week is PSU. This is a stay healthy and take care of business week. Similar spread to last week, but the total is only at 51.5. That might be something I look at to be honest. More on that later in the week.

Michigan vs Indiana

So, we have finally gotten a few TT's and game overs in for Michigan as they hit the road-- plus easy covers. I'm glad that is paying off and they are showing 'some' prowess on the scoreboard. They return home for an absolute garbage game vs the Hoosiers. This is definitely a hefty tariff of 34.5 and a total in the high 40.s Last week was the most points UM has given up, which was 10. So, these game totals have been mostly dependent on the Wolverine offense. The home games have produced unders, and the opposite on the road. Some of that is timing in the schedule though. Cap this total with IU in mind, Michigan should get within 3-4 of their TT either way. Sparty on deck, then a bye week. This is a stay healthy and spread the wealth game. Be mindful... but this is one of the deepest teams in America. Tuttle has settled in at QB. That helps if you need a late score.

Alright, enough babbling by myself.

Underneath, a few screenshots from last week I took of the Mary-OSU box at halftime and with 2 mins left (so any potential garbage score by Maryland didn't skew the numbers).

Also, a picture of The Situation Trophy up for grabs in Piscataway

Lastly, Harbaugh was roped into being part of the turnover celebration after Will J's pick 6. Many hate him, but he is simply a players coach that loves his kids. Bottom line.

Screenshot_20231007-135401.png

Screenshot_20231007-153348.png

the situation trophy_thumb.png

FB_IMG_1696733444243.jpg

Last edited:
Brooooo, you gotta give more credit the buckeyes. That d is very, very good. Maryland had no idea what to do in that second half. Bucks dominated that second half on both sides of the ball. Not taking the spread into consideration at all here, I get it was definitely a front door cover. Just my 2 cents.

Brooooo, you gotta give more credit the buckeyes. That d is very, very good. Maryland had no idea what to do in that second half. Bucks dominated that second half on both sides of the ball. Not taking the spread into consideration at all here, I get it was definitely a front door cover. Just my 2 cents.
Nah bro.

This is STILL the 3rd best team in the Big Ten East. Don't let the following influence ya...

-Past winnings on this school
-ESPN FPI
-Stealing a road win vs a ND team that easily could have 3 losses already.
-Rankings, rankings rankings!

Can they prove me wrong in 12 days at home? Certainly. They better be convincing.

The defense is better this year. The offense is much worse.

I never got to the Maryland topic, but this is a very average team. They have peaked with Tua Jr. Now, that is a solid team that likely will be 7-1 entering November and finish 9-3 of 8-4 and get a mid-level bowl game. That is simply their ceiling. They are a top 40 team, that is about it.

On a nuetral site right now...

I'd have PSU favored by a 2 or so.....Michigan by 6.5 minimum...

EDIT:

I am actually curious looking back where I didn't give credit.

That is the EXACT reason I screenshot the box at half and end of game (expecting them to play a much better half). They were excellent once they got down 17-10. They took over, and got a ridiculous cover with Maryland going for it in their own end (respect Lock there). I said I was close to the 2h tt (value #). So, I just don't see where I was dissing them. Pretty much called the game as it was -- they played bad one half and good another.

Last edited:
One thing in capping, take away the team name and look at things objectively when capping past and present. I think this is one of the TOUGHEST things to do unless you are a straight PR bettor (or the types that do not even watch games).

I am not saying this just for the discussion above. This applies to many, many situations. USC is one to remember in these instances...

Nah bro.

This is STILL the 3rd best team in the Big Ten East. Don't let the following influence ya...

-ESPN FPI

Can they prove me wrong in 12 days at home? Certainly. They better be convincing.

I never got to the Maryland topic, but this is a very average team. They have peaked with Tua Jr. Now, that is a solid team that likely will be 7-1 entering November and finish 9-3 of 8-4 and get a mid-level bowl game. That is simply their ceiling. They are a top 40 team, that is about it.

EDIT:

That is the EXACT reason I screenshot the box at half and end of game (expecting them to play a much better half). They were excellent once they got down 17-10. They took over, and got a ridiculous cover with Maryland going for it in their own end (respect Lock there). I said I was close to the 2h tt (value #). So, I just don't see where I was dissing them. Pretty much called the game as it was -- they played bad one half and good another.
That was definitely a tale of two halves.

Ohio State scored 3 points on offense in the 1h.

Their drives were as follows...

5 yards
27 yards
-14 yards
13 yards
24 yards

Then the offense went 72 before half for a FG -- watched that drive. That was much better, with two huge plays to Marvin to get kick-started

The next two Maryland drives went 61 and 75 yards (end of half, beginning of half)

OSU then with a 4-76 with some big plays again in passing game... and Maryland did jack shit those last 20 minutes...

The OSU 8-75 Tuddy to get up 27-17 was their "complete" drive of the game, and clinched things.

So, on offense...

Two TD drives that featured chunks yards to the receivers

One VERY efficient drive

10 points off short fields after the Maryland own zone turnovers

Yards 382-302 total (hence my "dead under" statement in last week's thread mid-2Q

That was definitely a tale of two halves.

Ohio State scored 3 points on offense in the 1h.

Their drives were as follows...

5 yards
27 yards
-14 yards
13 yards
24 yards

Then the offense went 72 before half for a FG -- watched that drive. That was much better, with two huge plays to Marvin to get kick-started

The next two Maryland drives went 61 and 75 yards (end of half, beginning of half)

OSU then with a 4-76 with some big plays again in passing game... and Maryland did jack shit those last 20 minutes...

The OSU 8-75 Tuddy to get up 27-17 was their "complete" drive of the game, and clinched things.

So, on offense...

Two TD drives that featured chunks yards to the receivers

One VERY efficient drive

10 points off short fields after the Maryland own zone turnovers

Yards 382-302 total (hence my "dead under" statement in last week's thread mid-2Q

This is a solid synopisis. I think their Qb/oline and offense is better than you think, but that's the beauty of football. We don't all have to agree.

They were also missing Henderson in the backfield.

Nah bro.

-ESPN FPI

EDIT:

That's your opinion they are the 3rd best team in the east. It's not mine. Doesn't mean either of us are right or wrong right now. My opinion can change in a week.

I don't let anything influence me, especially past winnings or ESPN bs. You know this.

This isn't the QB, and this certainly is not the OL to sustain great offense. They are always a talented team, and have two future stud NFL wide-outs out there. They are a top 10 team, but they can be had. Notre Dame had them, and they are showing to be a pretty average team (to my surprise).

It's just my opinion the QB and oline have been decent on sustaining good offense. Like buckeyes past? No, definitely not, but definitely capable. There was also no mention of how good their D was against Maryland after the adjustments. Maryland went for it, but the Bucks stopped them cold every time.

Wasn't meant to get in a argument or back and forth.

Against Maryland or Ohio State?

Last edited:
I had Buckeyes -19.5 and -17.5. Have to give thanks to Josh Gattis for running four straight rushing attempts, down 10 with nine minutes left in the game, from their own 25 and giving it up on downs. Nevermind Terps have a seasoned QB behind center. He overthunk that moment.
In my case had both Irish and Buckeyes overvalued. Was very lucky Bucs covered.

Interesting fact; Last ten Buckeyes vs Purdue has Buc's winning 6 and losing 4 and ATS 4-6.

>>>>>>Check the weather in BIG10 this week. Seeing rain and some wind in early forecasts.<<<<<

how much do we think Purdue can score on OSU? Looking ot play some kind of TT under as I think 13 is their ceiling...looks like weather too...

how much do we think Purdue can score on OSU? Looking ot play some kind of TT under as I think 13 is their ceiling...looks like weather too...
I wouldn't think much but I guess you never know. Iowa's DL abused what I thought was a Purdue OL making some small strides but the loss of Purdue's RT was a big deal and likely plays a big role against OSU's front as well. There just isn't capable depth behind him.

Real concerns about the health of Hudson Card as well. He has been said to be 80% or so even going into Iowa and then became a pinata in Iowa City for about 60 minutes. I haven't heard of additional impacts to him since but I'll post if I hear anything.

That's your opinion they are the 3rd best team in the east. It's not mine. Doesn't mean either of us are right or wrong right now. My opinion can change in a week.

I don't let anything influence me, especially past winnings or ESPN bs. You know this.

This isn't the QB, and this certainly is not the OL to sustain great offense. They are always a talented team, and have two future stud NFL wide-outs out there. They are a top 10 team, but they can be had. Notre Dame had them, and they are showing to be a pretty average team (to my surprise).

It's just my opinion the QB and oline have been decent on sustaining good offense. Like buckeyes past? No, definitely not, but definitely capable. There was also no mention of how good their D was against Maryland after the adjustments. Maryland went for it, but the Bucks stopped them cold every time.

Wasn't meant to get in a argument or back and forth.

Against Maryland or Ohio State?

Against OSU

Correct, that is my opinion for ranking the big ten east.

It's a pretty solid opinion right now.

You have OSU winning it all every year, and you know that lol.

McCord is a very average QB. He has some GREAT receivers to help, luckily.

The OL was obviously the big concern coming into the season. They have looked better as the season has progressed, but there is still plenty of work to be done.

Henderson or no Henderson, 1.9 yards per carry does not cut it even you have a top 2-3 ranked recruiting class every year. Bottom line.

There was mention of the Maryland struggles after 17-10. They turned over on downs in their own zone due to the defense + an interception.

Game was over then, and Maryland punted twice at the end down DDs. The interception and stop in their own territory were very good defensive possessions.

Again, this isn't a world beating Maryland offense. I'll get the Maryland thread up later.

Noting that, moreso than anything we might have some soft prop #s as the schedule stiffens.

Michigan, After the first 4 non-covers they have shown better offensively. Ohio St is always a tough game but I am a bit more concerned about Penn St.

The M, Defense has yet to be challenged and the points against show it. I love that they do business on D. Lot more winning ahead, and I hope they get the roses.

Against OSU

Correct, that is my opinion for ranking the big ten east.

It's a pretty solid opinion right now.

You have OSU winning it all every year, and you know that lol.

McCord is a very average QB. He has some GREAT receivers to help, luckily.

The OL was obviously the big concern coming into the season. They have looked better as the season has progressed, but there is still plenty of work to be done.

Henderson or no Henderson, 1.9 yards per carry does not cut it even you have a top 2-3 ranked recruiting class every year. Bottom line.

There was mention of the Maryland struggles after 17-10. They turned over on downs in their own zone due to the defense + an interception.

Game was over then, and Maryland punted twice at the end down DDs. The interception and stop in their own territory were very good defensive possessions.

Again, this isn't a world beating Maryland offense. I'll get the Maryland thread up later.

Yes, I do like osu every year and most of the time for very good reason. They often end the year with 1 loss and go to the cfp, this is still the same team that owned the big ten for many years in the 2000s and will continue to because of their high level of recruiting. Michigans window is basically this year,unless they get Underwood or JJ comes back.

how does iowa score any points on saturday? they cannot move the football and wisconsin should (again should) control their offense handily with their D. dont see how you dont load 7-8 in the box and dare iowa to throw over the top, they cannot do it. and UW should wear them down. 24-7 type...just no idea how iowa has success on offense here.

I wouldn't think much but I guess you never know. Iowa's DL abused what I thought was a Purdue OL making some small strides but the loss of Purdue's RT was a big deal and likely plays a big role against OSU's front as well. There just isn't capable depth behind him.

Real concerns about the health of Hudson Card as well. He has been said to be 80% or so even going into Iowa and then became a pinata in Iowa City for about
60 minutes. I haven't heard of additional impacts to him since but I'll post if I hear anything.
FYI quote from Walters at his presser this morning on Card. Sounds like he'll go through the motions this week again and expect to play banged up.
“Hudson got dinged up against Illinois, actually,” said Walters. “He practiced on Thursday and his — the nature of his injury was one that he wasn’t in harm’s way of further damaging the injury, but it was going to be painful.

“I think that speaks to his competitive spirit and his physical toughness. So, every time he was out there and got hit, didn’t feel good, I promise you. So, for him to go through the whole game and compete the way he did, I was proud of that fact.”

FYI quote from Walters at his presser this morning on Card. Sounds like he'll go through the motions this week again and expect to play banged up.

This is a bad spot for the buckeyes, they usually struggle at Ross-Ade. Week before PSU, a little mini sandwich game off the front door cover. Might be on the Purdue tt over or ats tbh.

Michigan is still yet to play a top 60 team. McCarthy on most pass plays could set the ball down, re-tie his shoes, and then pick it up and throw it.
Yeah, not much you can do about the schedule.

I wish they had this team next year versus maybe their toughest all-time schedule.

The fact remains, this is Jim's best team out of this 3 year stretch. I think when all said and done, better than the 2016 team (who were damn good).

They'll have the chance in November to show it. That's the beauty of the sport.

This is also a very "down" SEC year, well it's been trending that way for a few years. The difference this year, the top team or two isn't "dominant" like Georgia or both them and Bama.

Clemson for a few years..

Georgia until the SEC ship last year.

These schedules happen.

Ultimately the playoffs (or perhaps a big conference game) tell the tale eventually.

Going back to the UM schedule -- the Big Ten opponents being really bad this year makes overall SOS seems much worse.

Let's look at it ..

Nebraska is around where we thought -- that was a good road pasting

Minnesota is down over previous years -- still a dominant performance

Rutgers is a solid, peaky bowl team -- but not a foe you ever were truly scared about

Indiana is a practice game -- they essentially peaked vs OSU

Michigan State is a rivalry game -- but we know how bad they have been.

Purdue certainly isn't going to be a potential foe in the BTCG again -- right??

Always enjoy rival articles.
And, Gerderman has done this well for many many years .... Through the good and bad...

Nobody has played anybody in the big ten.

With ND looking very pedestrian, what's the best ooc win right now?

(It could possibly be that still -- but that gets less impressive each week).

Even though it doesn't look as good as it used to, I still think it's ND on the road. ND has played 2 teams that nobody expected would be solid in Duke and Louisville on the road. OSU, Duke, Ville in consecutive weeks, then USC. ND has a brutal schedule so far.

Like you said above, can't control your schedule. Next year will be hell on earth for the B1G with schedules. Especially Michigan. Not only do they play the PAC teams but have 2 really difficult OOC teams in Fresno State (I think?) and Texas. Ohio State on the road. Awesome for fans of CFB, but not Michigan fans who want them to do well. Good thing the playoffs is expanding though.

Clemson for a few years..

Georgia until the SEC ship last year.

These schedules happen.

Ultimately the playoffs (or perhaps a big conference game) tell the tale eventually.

Going back to the UM schedule -- the Big Ten opponents being really bad this year makes overall SOS seems much worse.

Let's look at it ..

Nebraska is around where we thought -- that was a good road pasting

Minnesota is down over previous years -- still a dominant performance

Rutgers is a solid, peaky bowl team -- but not a foe you ever were truly scared about

Indiana is a practice game -- they essentially peaked vs OSU

Michigan State is a rivalry game -- but we know how bad they have been.

Purdue certainly isn't going to be a potential foe in the BTCG again -- right??

Michigan's season starts in East Lansing for MSU's Super Bowl. November is ridiculous and one of the tougher finishes in the country.

Even though it doesn't look as good as it used to, I still think it's ND on the road. ND has played 2 teams that nobody expected would be solid in Duke and Louisville on the road. OSU, Duke, Ville in consecutive weeks, then USC. ND has a brutal schedule so far.

Like you said above, can't control your schedule. Next year will be hell on earth for the B1G with schedules. Especially Michigan. Not only do they play the PAC teams but have 2 really difficult OOC teams in Fresno State (I think?) and Texas. Ohio State on the road. Awesome for fans of CFB, but not Michigan fans who want them to do well. Good thing the playoffs is expanding though.
Yeah, TV controls things now.

PSU, OSU and Mich will have ridiculous conference schedules while the likes of Iowa will have much easier in-conference schedules.

The media and fans alike will take a few years to adjust to all this.

I'll use those 3 as examples. Any of them young 9-3 should be auto berths into the playoffs due to SOS.

We'll be more NFL like by the end of the decade once we get these mega conferences near settlement.

Remember, ND future here (lol) so not like I think they are total garbage.

Funny enough, I was concerned with their defense, not the offense.

How things change.

ND is probably around 15 or so when all said and done. It's definitely a solid win, but not some top 5 haymaker win.

Remember the magical LSU year? They kept getting credit for beating #5 Texas or something like that? Horns finished 6-6 I believe.

(What I wouldn't do for no rankings till Nov).

Remember, ND future here (lol) so not like I think they are total garbage.

Funny enough, I was concerned with their defense, not the offense.

How things change.

ND is probably around 15 or so when all said and done. It's definitely a solid win, but not some top 5 haymaker win.

Remember the magical LSU year? They kept getting credit for beating #5 Texas or something like that? Horns finished 6-6 I believe.

(What I wouldn't do for no rankings till Nov).

Right on ND. It's more Freeman, he's a terrible in game coach I'm realizing. Right on LSU.

Oh, i despise him.

I read a few spartan tidbits and that's the consensus... So figured I'd give him some visibility at CTG ;)

It's time for Houser anyways. The Noah experiment isn't working.

Then Houser has the game of his life in 2 weeks. Can't believe that kid has stayed there after all the drama. Cali kid too.

It's time for Houser anyways. The Noah experiment isn't working.

Then Houser has the game of his life in 2 weeks. Can't believe that kid has stayed there after all the drama. Cali kid too.
Yeah, I feel like he's been there forever.

He could well have some random great plays in 12 days but it will take a wild combo for that game to be tight.

Generally I'd have reservations before a night time Super Bowl...but this is such a mismatch.

Mich with A LOT of motivation after the assaults last year as well.

That place will be A2 north with how many fans will be there (secondary market crazy with how prices have plummeted).

Mel gone, so I think Jim is happy going in and winning 35-13 or so. Harlon is a good dude, and I doubt he tries to fire up the rivalry all that much.

If Mel was still there, after what he was instructing players to do from the sidelines last year -- this would be total run up territory.

Yeah, I feel like he's been there forever.

He could well have some random great plays in 12 days but it will take a wild combo for that game to be tight.

Generally I'd have reservations before a night time Super Bowl...but this is such a mismatch.

Mich with A LOT of motivation after the assaults last year as well.

That place will be A2 north with how many fans will be there (secondary market crazy with how prices have plummeted).

Mel gone, so I think Jim is happy going in and winning 35-13 or so. Harlon is a good dude, and I doubt he tried to fire up the rivalry all that much.

If Mel was still there, after what he was instructing players to do from the sidelines last year -- this would be total run up territory.

Yeah, I'm just so used to Spartans pulling bullshit..but it should be okay this year. Wish it wasn't a night game.

Yeah, I'm just so used to Spartans pulling bullshit..but it should be okay this year. Wish it wasn't a night game.
Yes, we've seen it all ...

Pass interference on Desmond no call

"Spartan Bob"

The block (albeit, that was the most 50/50 um MSU matchup I've seen)

2017 monsoon

9 reviews going MSU way in 2021 including the wrongfully overturned fumble TD by Hutch.

Honestly I thought they might go back to 3:30 with the MSU struggles. My first thought this morning was that we'll have ridiculous weather setting and UM fumbles a few times in 1h leading to a deficit.

This is a bad spot for the buckeyes, they usually struggle at Ross-Ade. Week before PSU, a little mini sandwich game off the front door cover. Might be on the Purdue tt over or ats tbh.
I can see it but so far I just grab a piece of the full game under and will see how the weather plays out. Purdue down top RB, RT, TE on offense but also down top CB.

I honestly could see something real ugly like 24-6, or 30-3 or some sort

I can see it but so far I just grab a piece of the full game under and will see how the weather plays out. Purdue down top RB, RT, TE on offense but also down top CB.

I honestly could see something real ugly like 24-6, or 30-3 or some sort
Yeah, this seems like a real nice under game.

Michigan is sandwiched between Army and Air Force for seconds per play. AF the slowest.
Michigan 128th for offensive plays per game, Iowa 132nd.

Penalties; Mich #1 in least penalties. Army #2, Iowa #3, Air Force #5.

Seems seconds per play and penalties go hand in hand. Everytime I see Buckeyes go sudden hurry up only to have illegal procedure this stat pops up in my head.

Kicking myself for passing on the Iowa te for 1st time all year I think cause they uncertainty of new qb, well we know one thing, he will be looking for All a lot!! 5 for 97! The qb completed one other pass to someone else! Iowa Te’s have cashed every week besides the week the 1st one got hurt (feel bad I can’t remember his name already but such is life, he be ok and still prob be a very good nfl te!). Dunno who they play this week or where All number is, at some point teams are gonna figure out to bracket the iowa te ain’t they? Pen st did it but not till after 2 big plays on 1st drive! Who woulda thought a iowa passing prop could be lucrative!!

It’s really tough not to like sparty getting points at Rutgers isn’t it? They have been moving guys off the Los against teams that usually doesn’t happen to, I think they have the better of the run game against Rutgers on both sides the ball. Could be ugly weather, seems like a game points are incredibly valuable. Sparty out gained Terps and iowa, getting another rb healthy this week. Seems unusual for anyone to have a back go over 100 on iowa at over 5 per! Obviously they gotta stop turning the freaking ball over so much but this seems like a game they might not have to ask the qb to throw! I’m not great in the big10 like some ya’ll but this one stood out to me and then my favorite podcast ppl also had it for their play which made me feel good as they pretty good!

Kicking myself for passing on the Iowa te for 1st time all year I think cause they uncertainty of new qb, well we know one thing, he will be looking for All a lot!! 5 for 97! The qb completed one other pass to someone else! Iowa Te’s have cashed every week besides the week the 1st one got hurt (feel bad I can’t remember his name already but such is life, he be ok and still prob be a very good nfl te!). Dunno who they play this week or where All number is, at some point teams are gonna figure out to bracket the iowa te ain’t they? Pen st did it but not till after 2 big plays on 1st drive! Who woulda thought a iowa passing prop could be lucrative!!

It’s really tough not to like sparty getting points at Rutgers isn’t it? They have been moving guys off the Los against teams that usually doesn’t happen to, I think they have the better of the run game against Rutgers on both sides the ball. Could be ugly weather, seems like a game points are incredibly valuable. Sparty out gained Terps and iowa, getting another rb healthy this week. Seems unusual for anyone to have a back go over 100 on iowa at over 5 per! Obviously they gotta stop turning the freaking ball over so much but this seems like a game they might not have to ask the qb to throw! I’m not great in the big10 like some ya’ll but this one stood out to me and then my favorite podcast ppl also had it for their play which made me feel good as they pretty good!
MSU is definitely one that's on the radar for me. Not sure how often Rutgers gets favored in conference play, probably more with Schiano running the show than usual but still can't be all that often.

Back