B.A.R. and Killa NBA Collaboration Play (Saturday)

Killa

To the left, to the left, to the right to the righ
Our collabs are pretty rare, they are reserved for the strongest of situational spots. Only when the both of us seriously love a play, do we deem it worthy of a collaboration post. And we have one for Saturday in the Association. So kick back and watch as we show you how we roll.

The game is Cleveland @ Clippers. Let's take a look at this game.

Clippers come back home after a 6-game trip out east. They have not played at home since New Year's Eve. The first game back is a spot that I always look for, and I know BAR does as well. What makes it even better is when the following game is yet another road game. This in turn makes the homer essentially an extension of the road trip. But Clipps are 2-day rested for this game, right? Yeah, they are. However, this is a spot in which Clipps are an impressive 0-6 SU and ATS this year. This is a team that has played consistently bad basketball this season. Their wins have usually come against awful teams, including on this road trip. To make matters worse, Kaman is dinged up, questionable for this game, and they need him in the middle.

Now we look at Cleveland. First off, teams off a blowout loss are always spots I look for in NBA betting. Motivation is the key, and these are the situations where you find it. Cleveland was absolutely embarassed by Phoenix, in front of a national TV audience no less. To make matters worse, these are the words heard nationwide, spoken by the one and only Sir Charles Barkley: "
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]Cleveland is not a good team. They are mediocre. Don't be fooled by them having the best record in the East. They are not a contender."

This is what is known as bulletin board material. This is one of the most motivational quotes I have seen, and you can rest assured Cleveland, and LeBron in particular, is well aware of it. This should honestly be their most focused effort of the entire season. There is no player on L.A. who even has a prayer against LeBron. Who the hell covers him? In terms of defense, Hughes should do his thing and Gooden will bang with Brand down low. Hughes is shooting the three awesome right now, as is Damon Jones. Cleveland has the next 3 days off after this game, in the middle of a brutal trip. Cleveland will win this game on the road. It's a must win.

The play is Cleveland Cavs

My partner in crime will be around shortly with some thoughts.

:shake:

[/FONT]

Very eloquent write-up as usual from 'the' BDK

When killa and myself collab its because we share a few handicapping techniques in common. These are situational handicapping and motivational handicapping. This particular affair delves deeply into both.

The Cavaliers ran and hid about late second quarter the other night. It was a pathetic performance by a team that needs to prove itself out west. I was shocked at how quickly they turned the game into 'who can shoot the most fade-aways?' It was pretty sickening to me. They showed little heart and effort in that second half. This is in front of a national TV audience. Then, the chucksters comments are aired. Thats embarrasing when you get called out by a HOF player. Those are the kind of things that motivate teams. With the rest period coming up..and this only being game 3 of 7...the Cavs are in a great spot here.

The Clippers are just not the same team as last year. Chemistry is the biggest issue. They have an MVP candiate that isn't getting the ball. The offense should feed through him but it doesn't. The Cavs also have the size and manpower to keep EB in check. That right there gives you a great shot at beating them. It also helps that the guards are selfish.

Lets summarize...

-Great spot to fade Clippers
-Great motivation for Cavs
-No one to defend James
-Kaman questionable

Big play

Cleveland +3.5 -110 4 units @ betcris:cheers:

I like Cleveland. To me they seem to be the better team granted their road record is less than desireable....BUT they have been playing better on the road more recently with the exception of the Suns game.

Would consider under 187, but with both teams probably desperate for a win, they might push to score more and go over. Especially if Lebron or Brand go off on scoring.

Nice spot for the Cavs.

just to one up you, me and Fond are calaborating on an ultimate fade of the shit bags that call themsleves the Milwaukee Bucks. In fact i will go as far as to say the Bucks wont win a single game until M. Redd comes back.

No, seriously GL guys :wacka wacka:

Thanks a lot guys...

I'll chime in a bit more about 4 est...and I am sure BDK has some more thoughts throughout the day...

I think Charles always makes comments like that, i dont think that has much to do with anything. The other reasons are valid. They stunk against phx, that should be enough reason alone for them to show up. BTW his comments are right, if this team was in the west they might be an 8 seed

This game stuck out to me when i first saw it because of the situation, no one can stop lebron on this team, and the cavs actually match up very well with the clippers. im with you guys. GL

albyman32 said:
How big is the 3 points? its +2.5 now.

I have to admit, 3 can be big in the end. But it's also a good sign that it's being bet down. It's your call. I personally think they win SU.

Thanks guys, good shit :shake:

Killa said:
I have to admit, 3 can be big in the end. But it's also a good sign that it's being bet down. It's your call. I personally think they win SU.

Thanks guys, good shit :shake:

I would not be against a ML here.

I took the points for this reason. I always get fucked on ML's of a dog getting 1-3..lol..

Also, espeially when betting on a road team you have the factor of a home team coming back from down say 8-10 late and having crowd on side and barely winning late..

Cheers my friends, mostly we have same opinion but today i just dont think Cavs are ready to be backed with so high confidence on road vs west team. LAC with Cassell is different team, better at home, Kaman will miss in defence but Maggette plays solid lately, Elton put some numbers again, finally two real PGs. CLE win vs SAC didnt convince me to bet CLE on road. Suns showed where they are now. LAC is indeed different caliber and style what can suit Cavs more but IMO clear motivation is on home side as they dont want to miss a thing and playoff spot on West is challange. Lebron will surely create mismatch like in most games but LAC on their night are still one of better teams. I just want to say, this game can go either way and i dont want to risk much money on road suckers from Cleveland. Good luck BAR+Killa and all who follow them.

abcs said:
This is like the Jay Z R kelly collabo.. the best of both worlds

Nah, cuz I don't think BAR or myself like pissing on 14-year-old chicks.

Killa "BDK" Justin Said It.....

"Big Papa" Al Reno Co-Signed It.....

I Believe It.....

...and That Settles It ! ! !

CLEV +3.5 It Is

agreed on that centex, nice avatar BTW.

GL everyone, the matchups on the floor definitely favor the cavs.

This Hughes thing is a fucking killer. We needed him desperately on both ends of the floor. He's their best defender and their second best on offense. I can't believe this shit.

Looking at the lineup in there right now literally hurts my eyes...

Jones/Wesley/Gibson/Varejo/Marshall.

LMAO.

So far though, they seem to be holding their own...32-32, 8:46 2nd, Just have to hope for a close game, and LeBron taking the game over in the 4th.

Gotta be happy down 3. We're shooting 36%, Clipps 60%. That can't keep up.

Oh, and the "injured" Kaman is fucking dominating LMAO.

Looking lock..er..rock solid here, guys
icon12.gif

I dont even think that word can curse you here. I'm familiar with the Clippers, and what they're now doing is fucking up Over backers.

Yeah, great call !

It was an easy play for me to just follow two great cappers, but I want to thank you guys for doing the homework on this play!

Back