Aztec4Life - Week 7 Leans & Plays

Aztec4Life

Montezuma Mesa Survivor
YTD NCAAF Sides: 43-33-3 [+7.0 Units]

YTD NCAAF M/L Plays: 2-4 [-0.8 Units]

YTD NCAAF Totals: 1-0 [+1.0 Units]

YTD NCAAF Overall: +7.2 Units

Maybe I'm crazy...but is there any reason not to LOVE USF -2.5? Is this a trap or something? I mean, on the surface, North Carolina looks awful. But they've played Miami, Clemson, Virginia Tech, and Rutgers. That's a brutal start, which is mostly what scares me (maybe they aren't so bad, but their competition has been so tough?). Their lone win coming against Furman in a shootout. Do you think they can keep it close with the Bulls?

And how about Cal -7 (buying half a point)? Tedford and his gang are on a serious ATS roll right now, and I don't really see it stopping this week. The Cougars stats are perhaps slightly misleading due to games against Idaho, Stanford, and Baylor. They did play USC tough, but I think the Golden Bears are playing better than the Trojans right now (at least offensively...by a mile). Longshore looks solid, and even with Lynch out, Forsett is just as scary IMO. I don't really see this as a let down week either. Cal had that in Week 1 against Tennessee already. Cal high 30's, Cougs low 20's?

I know this might be an unpopular play, but I like Minnesota +10.5. They have the running game to keep them in it with just about anyone (save the Cal game earlier this year). And, this is a big revenge game for the Golden Gophers. Can we forget that insane, shocking, heartbreaking loss at the hands of the Badgers last year? Minnesota ALMOST covered against Michigan (lost by 14) and lost by 1 point to Penn State last weekend. I wouldn't be shocked if Minny won SU. But then again, I haven't exactly been on fire lately.

I like Maryland -5.5...would probably still take them at -6.

Pitt -10 looking juicy.

I thought Houston would be at PK. Could be a good ML play.

How about Utah -3.5 @ Wyoming? I thought the Utes would be much heavier faves than this. Is there something fishy with this? I know the Cowboys statistically have a good defense. But...they've played teams who can't pass worth a shit. I think Utah will be the toughest offense they will have faced so far this year (perhaps with the exception of Boise State). Utes should win this one by 10+ I'm thinking.

More leans to come. :cheers:

Last edited:
Cal is fucking awesome. Just a continual streak of 40+ points per game.

Didn't take the side, but i did take the over. Waiting to see how the line moves, only cuz they traditionally don't cover vs Wash St. But that shouldn't matter.

I like the Minny pick. The Big 10 is always wacky and while on paper I like Wisky, I usuall lean on the dogs this time of year in this conference. However I have a play on Michigan that I'll probably back out of.

I am not sold on Houston as So Miss is always tough at home.

Good luck and hope you bounce back this week.

Oh yeah, common sense says VT should be a bigger fav at BC. I am always leary of going against BC at home. My lean is on BC for what it's worth, especially on a weekday.

Yanks - I agree bud. I was worried about Cal's recent history against the Cougars. But I don't think that applies this year, as the Golden Bears are steamrolling everybody right now. :shake:

smo1a - Thanks bro. Minnesota is definitely a strong lean for me right now. :shake:

Two locked in at this point...

Cal -7 [2 Units] --> bought half a point

USF -2.5 [1 Unit] --> originally had 2 Units, but bought it down to 1

Last edited:
i don't like minnesota on the road personally. i'm playing wisconsin, although i can see minnesota playing them tough. (i've been on minnesota most of this season)

cal is playing great but they've only played two road games. the first one was lost at tenn and later they pounded on a weaker oregon state team. i was surprised by how well wsu played my trojans. if wsu gets up for this game like they did against usc, they have a good shot of covering if not winning straight up. but if cal played like they did against the ducks, i can see them covering 2 td's+

i'm not sure which way i'm going on the cal/wsu game yet, but atm, i'm leaning towards wsu.

pags - Glad you like 'em bro, because I just pulled the trigger on 'em. :cheers:

andresh - I agree with you about Minny on the road. Having said that, I do think they will play Wisky to the bitter end this Saturday. I grabbed them right before the line started to drop.

Liking quite a few road teams this weekend.

Week 7 Sides

Houston +2 [2 Units] :mad:

Cal -7 [2 Units] :D

Minnesota +10.5 [1.5 Units] :mad:

Utah -3 [1.5 Units] :mad:

NC State -3 [1.5 Units] :mad:

USF -2.5 [1 Unit] :D

Boston College +3 [1 Unit] :D

2nd Half Louisville -13.5 [1 Unit] :mad:

Texas -27.5 [1 Unit] :D

1st Half Pittsburgh -6.5 [0.6 Units] :D

Week 7 ML Plays

Ball State ML +350 [0.6 Units] :mad:

Rutgers ML +120 [0.5 Units] :D

Week 7 Total Plays

Michigan/Penn St. UNDER 41 [1 Unit] :D

:bow: NCAAF

Last edited:
I love Utah. Think thats a real good pick.

Minnesota I really have no idea on. I haven't seen Wisconsin play this year, but I can't imagine they are really that wonderful. A quick trip to StatFox shows a bunch of blowout wins over teams that also blow. Minnesota beat Penn State last week at home (well, no, they didn't, but in my mind they did) and played Michigan as tough as Wisconsin did. The line has fallen to 9.5...which really makes me start looking at the ML at +340.

I'm gonna sit on this one and wait for Fondy to tell me why we're all wrong, but I think I like it.

GLTU

Seabass - I also like Utah. They bounced back nicely from that devastating home loss to Boise St. I don't see the Utes blowing out Wyoming, but something along the lines of a 10 point win. GL this week! :shake:

pags - Glad you're on USF with me. Any thoughts on Virginia Tech or Pitt? I want to take VT, but their O Line play looked very shaky last week against GT. But it is a primetime, Thursday Night game, and you know Beamer will have his guys ready to play (no matter how short their week is). And I think Pitt is just a class above UCF. I'm not scared of Moffett, in the least. :cheers:

larice - Thanks bud. GL to you as well. :shake:

Current Plays

USF -2.5 [2 Units]

Houston +2 [2 Units]

Cal -7 [2 Units] --> bought half a point

Minnesota +10.5 [1.5 Units]

Utah -3 [1.5 Units] --> bought half a point

Huge Revenge factor for Minny. They will run well I think. Minny on road in conference is always shaky though. I would lean this way.

Utah may have pulled it together last week. Wyoming has been criss-crossing the US last mont hor so. Good spot.

Cougars look good as dog too. Esp off that loss.

Cal should run all over Wazzouy. Line movement scares me a bit here.

Huge movement towards UNC as well. No clue why..lol.

BAR - Thanks for the feeback bro. Do you by chance know what the line opened at for USF @ North Carolina?

Tim - Thanks bud. BOL to you as well. I think I'll play MD now, as I doubt the line will go lower than 4. :cheers:

Added earlier this morning...

Boston College +3 [1 Unit]

Thanks Grind. GL bro. :cheers:

I was leaning to VT originally...but, BC getting 3 at home is just too tempting to pass up.

I have the line at Maryland -2. Too close for me.

BC is a gutsy call, but I'd lean that way if I had to.

Like that Minnesota line. I won't do it at +8, but 10.5 is nice. Lot of good discussion on this one.

Cal train keeps rolling for us. Might be joining you on NC State.

I am laying off the games tonight, it actually feels wierd, there is football on tonight and I didn't bet on it! :down: lol , I just couldn't make up my mind on how bad Clemson would run Temple out of the ocean or if Temple would beat me for the 3rd week in a row (I'm prob the only person in the world that would lose to TEMPLE three times in a row ATS)

I was leaning BC but couldn't pull the trigger, so Ill be rooting them on.. ! GOOD LUCK BOSS :cheers:

larice - Thanks for the feedback bro. GL this week. :shake:

everythingthatsgreen - I think Cal is probably one of my most confident plays this week. Thanks for the moral support buddy! :cheers:

You crushed that pitt first half cover.. I got -10 for the game (31-0 now)...I feel pretty fuken good right now after having no balls last night! Lets have a big wkend! Good call on BC and good call on Pitt! :drink:

2-0 to start Week 7!!! :smiley_acbe:

everything - Thanks bro! Pitt -10 looking damn good right now. Let's keep this ball rollin!!! :cheers:

Thanks Fondy. Let's do it bro!

It's strange...I don't even need my alarm clock to wake me up on Saturdays anymore. :smiley_acbe:

Wow! What a horrible opening 20 minutes to the morning games.

Wisky scores on a fumble recovery, and both NC State and USF get plowed for touchdowns on their opponents opening drives. :down:

Back