August Soccer Picks

~Utah

CTG Super Moderator
Staff member
A pretty good July for me in soccer...39-49-9 +8.82 units. Lets hope we have a good august as the premier leagues in England,France,Germany,Spain and Italy start up.

Austrian Bundesliga

Altach/Mattersburg Draw +240 to bet 1 unit

MPL

Chivas +130 to bet 1 unit

Club Friendles

NewCastle +120 to bet 1 unit

August 2nd

Brazil Series A

Fluminense +105 to bet 1 unit
Figuirense/Natuico Draw +205 to bet 1 unit

Emirates Cup

Real Madrid pick -143 to win 1 unit
Arsenal Even to bet 1 unit

MPL

San Luis +250 to bet 1 unit
Necaxa +110 to bet 1 unit

MLS

DC United -115 to win 1 unit
Crew +170 to bet 1 unit

August 3rd

Austria Bundesliga

Reid -115 to win 1 unit

Brazil Series A

Flamengo -111 to win 1 unit
Sport +250 to bet 1 unit
Santos/Cortiba Draw +210 to bet 1 unit
Atletico -117 to win 1 unit

MPL

Toluco +140 to bet 1 unit
Laguna -135 to win 1 unit

RPL

Grozy -105 to win 1 unit

MLS

Galaxy/San Jose Draw +210 to bet 1 unit
Toronto +105 to bet 1 unit

Thats alot of plays :tiphat:

August 5th

Copa Sudamaerica

Quito -167 to win 1 unit
Independente +110 to bet 1 unit

August 6th, 2008

Austria Bundesliga

Graz pick +110 to bet 1 unit

Brazil Series A

Vasco -125 to win 1 unit
Sao Paulo +145 to bet 1 unit
Santos -160 to win 1 unit

Copa Sudamerica

Argentinos +125 to bet 1 unit

MPL

Azul +165 to bet 1 unit

Russian Cup

Zenit -110 to win 1 unit

August 7th...

Pretty bad day yesterday...

Brazil Series A

Figureinense +110 to bet 1 unit
Cruziero pick -107 to win 1 unit

Olympic Soccer (International)

Australia +230 to bet 1 unit
Japan/USA +220 Draw to bet 1 unit
Netherlands -125 to win 1 unit

Copa Sudamericana

Catolica -167 to win 1 unit
Cali/Maracaibo Draw +270 to bet 1 unit

august 8th

APD

Huracan +190 to bet 1 unit

Amsterdam Club

Arsenal +150 to bet 1 unit

August 9th, 2008

Argentina Premier

Rosario Central +140
CA Banfeild -180

Brazil Series A

Gremio +160 to bet 1 unit

English Championship

Birmingham City Even to bet 1 unit
Crystal Palace Even to bet 1 unit

French Ligue 1

Nice +185 to bet 1 unit

MPD

Tecos +360 to bet 1 unit
Chivas +105 to bet 1 unit

MLS

Rapids -110 to win 1 unit
Fire +275 to bet 1 unit

August 10th, 2008

Argentina PD

River Plate pick +107 to bet 1 unit
Racing Club/Lanus Draw +220 to bet 1 unit

Brazil Series A

Cortiba -125 to win 1 unit
Portuguesa pick -103 to win 1 unit
Iptanga/Fluminense Draw +220 to bet 1 unit

English Championship

Nottingham Forest pick +120 to bet 1 unit

Community Sheild

Man U. -150 to win 1 unit

Olympics

US/Netherlands Draw +230 to bet 1 unit

RPL

Saturn +200 to bet 1 unit

MLS

Red Bull/DC United Draw +220 to bet 1 unit

August 12,2008

UEFA

Fenerbahce +110 to bet 1 unit

Suda Americana

Para/Sao Paulo Draw +235 to bet 1 unit

August 13th

Champions League

Spartak Moscow -125 to win 1 unit

Olympics

Nigeria/USA Draw +225 to bet 1 unit
Serbia +450 to bet 1 unit
Australia +350 to bet 1 unit

Mexican Premier

Chivas +180 to bet 1 unit

Copa Sudamericana

Vasco pick +127 to bet 1 unit

Sudamericana

America/Deportivo Draw +215 to bet 1 unit

MLS

Chivas pick -110 to win 1 unit

92 minute goal by the Galaxy gave me the god damn push

August 15th

Argentina

CA Banfeild +1 -145 to win 1 unit

Germany

Munich -185 to win 1 unit

Olympics

Cameroon +1.5 -145 to win 1 unit
Italy ML -180 to win 1 unit
Nigeria pick +100 to bet 1 unit

Brazil

None. Lines are way too high

English Premier

Fulham pick -105 to win 1 unit
Middlesbourgh pick +110 to bet 1 unit

English Champ

Crystal Palace +150 to bet 1 unit

France

Monaco/Nantes Draw +185 to bet 1 unit

Mexico

Pacucha +125 to bet 1 unit

Spain

Valencia pick +110 to bet 1 unit

US

DC United +250 to bet 1 unit
Dynamo -125 to win 1 unit

Valencia didnt play yesterday....they play today...

On another side note, I havent commented much, and I havent been really that excited about Olympic soccer, but the Brazil-Argentina should be pretty interesting, I like Argentina early on.

Also, im seriously considering put +900 on Yaraslavl playing Zenit today. Zenit has played so shitty this year, I can see totally domination in a couple weeks by Man United. As a guy born in St. Petersburg, this is pretty disappointing after last year, it looks like a championship hangover

Spain

Valencia pick +110 to bet 1 unit

Argentina

La Plata +1 -135 to win 1 unit

Brazil

Sao Paulo +185 to bet 1 unit
Fluminense -150 to win 1 unit

England

Aston Villa -125 to win 1 unit (tailing Toronto Mike)

France

Grenoble pick -115 to win 1 unit

Mexico

Chivas pick -105 to win 1 unit
Puebla pick +230 to bet 1 unit

US

Red bull -120 to win 1 unit

ah man! that would of been a nice hit! maybe fade Zenit for awhile?

Maybe, the books havent adjusted to them at all because they are favored huge no matter what in Russian league play. I havent checked but I can only imagine that the Man U line went way up for this game. Pathetic :hang:. I dont even know where the fuck that place is

Olympics

Belgium pick +115 to win 1 unit
Argentina pick -145 to win 1 unit

International Friendlies

Australia -117 to win 1 unit

Copa Sudamericana

Libertad/Defense Sporting Draw +215

:popcorn:let the international game begin

August 20th

So the Argentina game went well yesterday, everything else went to shit. Brazil played pretty shitty, they played pretty conservatively. Of course I woke up to watch this one, and I can barely remember the 3rd goal other then my brother in law saying "that should do it", in all honesty when I heard the announcer yell goal, I was so out of it I thought Brazil tied it. :36_11_6:

Im glad the international game is gonna pick up in the next few days. Im gonna bet a few friendlies but not too many.

As usual ill be betting club picks.

Brazil

Fig/Cortiba Draw +230 to bet 1 unit
Internacional Even to bet 1 unit
Fluminense +200 to bet 1 unit

USA

Dynamo -133 to win 1 unit

International Friendlies

Belarus +1 -150 to bet 1 unit - With half the team including the best player in China dont see anyway this is even a very high scoring game and Belarus might win altogether.
Poland +250 to bet 1 unit
Russia Pick +100 to bet 1 unit - Also, the full team wont be there, some might look at this as a revenge game, but I see this as a game that the Netherlands might not even care about
Italy/Austria Draw+250 to bet 1 unit - This is worth the price IMO, a lot of questions on the Italian team right now, they cant seem to score. Certainly worth the try. Italy is still good at D, and Austria isnt exactly a offensive powerhouse

WC Qualifiers CONCAFAF

USA -175 to win 1 unit
- they will in all likelihood win this 1-0 or so.

WC Qualifiers UEFA

This is interesting play but I did some research on it before I jumped in

Andorra +1.5 +115 I know nothing about Kazakhstan, but seriously, Andorra is the size of my pinky, I think they only have one city in the whole country and this would be like recruiting a national soccer team from one county. All that being said..looking at the FIFA rankings...

Kazakhstan is 125 in the world and Andorra is 182 in the world. Thats a pretty big gap, but who knows if Kazakhstan can even score a goal. Well I decided to find out...

Kazakhstan hasn't scored a goal since November 21st, 2007. (beat Armenia 1-0)
After that 0-6-1. Not very impressive, proving, they are not very good on the offensive side.

So then I looked at Andorra, Andorra was able to score a goal against Azerbaijan just a couple of months ago, they lost 2-1 but the same team beat Kazakhstan 3-0 earlier in the year. I wouldn't take this team ML under any circumstances in the world. They haven't won a game since October,13 2004. Thats a while ago. But the bottom line is is Kazakhstan isnt that much better, either they draw or Kazakhstan wins 1-0!

August 21st

Interesting day, winning day though in both international and club soccer. Went 3-2-1 in Int, and 3-1 in Club. Just got done watching the US Soccer game and ive gotta say, I know that winning in Central America is not an easy task but IMO they played very poorly, a lot of bad passes, couldnt seem to get any offense going, im pretty that they only had one shot on goal in the second half which happened to be the one goal. The defense looked great though. Howard really played well, made some great saves, and at the end of the game, the US couldnt seem to clear it, but they kept it out of the box for the most part. All the same, they got the win on the road, which is great, hopefully they will play better at home.

Some interesting games also other then that, the andorra game really fucked me. Amazing how Kazakhstan doesnt score a goal for nearly a year and they go off for 3 in one game. Its Andorra, but still, i was hoping they could put one in also at least. Italy game, i got lucky with that (had the draw). Two own goals by Austria helped me out, IMO Italy is a team to fade right now. Belarus game seemed pretty easy with +1 and half of Argentina's team not being there, and the Russian game, no idea what happened..but I pushed.

Also in the MLS, I think the Dynamo win the league, they are just winning non stop and putting together a lot of goals lately.

Brazil

Flamengo/Gremio Draw +205 to bet 1 unit - Flamengo has played well at home and Gremio has played well everywhere. There stats are pretty even when you compare them with F Home and G Away, same amount of goals, and I could see this being a tight game.

Copa Sudamericana

San Lorenzo -143 to win 1 unit - Boca couldnt put a goal together at home, I expect Lorenzo to get it together in a good spot.

USA

Chicago Fire pick +105 to bet 1 unit - one of the better road teams, expect them to at least draw if not win.

Interesting day, winning day though in both international and club soccer. Went 3-2-1 in Int, and 3-1 in Club. Just got done watching the US Soccer game and ive gotta say, I know that winning in Central America is not an easy task but IMO they played very poorly, a lot of bad passes, couldnt seem to get any offense going, im pretty that they only had one shot on goal in the second half which happened to be the one goal. The defense looked great though. Howard really played well, made some great saves, and at the end of the game, the US couldnt seem to clear it, but they kept it out of the box for the most part. All the same, they got the win on the road, which is great, hopefully they will play better at home.

Some interesting games also other then that, the andorra game really fucked me. Amazing how Kazakhstan doesnt score a goal for nearly a year and they go off for 3 in one game. Its Andorra, but still, i was hoping they could put one in also at least. Italy game, i got lucky with that (had the draw). Two own goals by Austria helped me out, IMO Italy is a team to fade right now. Belarus game seemed pretty easy with +1 and half of Argentina's team not being there, and the Russian game, no idea what happened..but I pushed.

Also in the MLS, I think the Dynamo win the league, they are just winning non stop and putting together a lot of goals lately.

Brazil

Flamengo/Gremio Draw +205 to bet 1 unit - Flamengo has played well at home and Gremio has played well everywhere. There stats are pretty even when you compare them with F Home and G Away, same amount of goals, and I could see this being a tight game.

Copa Sudamericana

San Lorenzo -143 to win 1 unit - Boca couldnt put a goal together at home, I expect Lorenzo to get it together in a good spot.

USA

Chicago Fire pick +105 to bet 1 unit - one of the better road teams, expect them to at least draw if not win.

Great Stuff Alex... Keep it going. I'm totally leaving the English National Team because they are all sell-outs

Great Stuff Alex... Keep it going. I'm totally leaving the English National Team because they are all sell-outs

didnt really see what happened other then on some front page on some soccer site I saw "England miraculous goal to draw" . I havent looked at UEFA groups that much since we still have a little bit to go, but are they going to make the WC? Seriously im questioning if Italy makes the WC if they keep playing like they are now, I mean I just think they suck and have no offense

Yeah as far as the England game the Chezh's really had that win. It wasn't till the 92nd min that Joe Cole scored and it was a joke. I honestly thought that Heskay was offside but that's another thing. It was like a MAD scmbble in front of the box w/ 2-3 guys on the ground fighting for the ball and somehow it ended up in the back of the net. No matter what though whatever happens in the group stage England will advance...

As far as the Italians I believe they are going to advance as well. Just give them time. As soon as Luca Toni comes back from the injury not only eill Bayern win more games but so will Italy.

August 22nd

Shitty day yesterday going 1-2 with the Fire coming through at the end of the day. I guess Gremio has to lose sometime and Flamengo is a decent at home so I guess its not a total shocker. Fire are good on the road so I knew they were gonna at least draw, the Galaxy are falling way off and have a shitload of problems.

Olympics

Argentina -181 to win 1 unit
- Theyve just played really well and no one has been able to stop them, the defense and offense have both been playing great, id be shocked if Nigeria took this.

Mexico

Texaco pick -180 to win 1 unit - Theyve played great at home this season

August 23rd

Wow..fuckin feel lucky to win that Argentina , they were giving up a ton of chances to Nigeria and basically got lucky that they even scored. Pretty slow game, I think the heat had a lot to with it, not sure why the game was played so early Beijing time when theyve played at night the whole time, think they had something to do with it. Next international games I believe are September 5th, cant wait :)

Argentina

Banfeild pick +130 to bet 1 unit

Brazil

Figuerenense -133 to win 1 unit

EPL

Everton pick -145 to win 1 unit
Blackburn -181 to win 1 unit

France

Havre pick +150 to bet 1 unit
Grenoble +1.5 -135 to win 1 unit

Mexico

Chivas +105 to bet 1 unit
Atlas/Atlante Draw +215 to bet 1 unit

USA

Dallas +210 to bet 1 unit
Chivas -125 to win 1 unit
NE/Toronto Draw +200 to bet 1 unit

August 24th

Ouch rough day, a lot of sort of last minute plays that kind of fucked me. I wasnt up for the EPL games so no real idea of what happened. I saw Gerrard scoring a 90 minute goal :). Didnt bet them but they are deffinatly my favorite time because I somehow know a lot of people from there. I watched the Grenoble game, and they looked pretty bad, they couldnt even really get it into the box...dissapointing. Chivas (Mexico), just sucked, they went up 3-2 at the half, ending up letting them tie it, then they got a red card and that was really the ball game after that. Dallas game also sucked, I went out, but KC somehow tied it. Hopefully today will be a better day.,..

Argentina

Racing Club pick +105 to bet 1 unit
Junior pick +150 to bet 1 unit

Brazil

Cortiba pick -125 to win 1 unit
Nautico pick +150 to bet 1 unit

England

West Ham pick +120 to bet 1 unit

France

Rennes -180 to win 1 unit

Italy

Roma +225 to bet 1 unit

Mexico

Morelia/Puebla Draw +210 to bet 1 unit

Russia

Zenit +135 to bet 1 unit (now that the books have adjusted I think its time to start taking them)

Spain

Valencia +1 -145 to win 1 unit

USA

Dynamo/Red Bull Draw +200 to bet 1 unit

August 26th

Argentina

Tigre -167 to win 1 unit

Champions League

FC Barcelona -1 -145 to win 1 unit

Copa Sudamericana

Sporting/Libertad Draw +230 to bet 1 unit

Spanish Cup

Toledo +145 to bet 1 unit

Spanish Cup and Argentina never played...bookmaker fucked up with that...

August 27th

Champions League

Standard +2 -145 to win 1 unit
Brann +1.5 +110 to bet 1 unit

Copa Sudamericana

Atletico pick -150 to win 1 unit
Aragua +215 to bet 1 unit

Mexico

Necaxa pick -120 to win 1u nit

Damn I thought I was gonna get that Aragua game but Chivas deffinatly made a nice comeback at the end...lost 10 dollars yesterday...2-2-1

Copa Sudamericana

Gremio -0.5 +110 to bet 1 unit

UEFA Super Cup

Zenit +1 -130 to win 1 unit

Suppose ill go with my home team on this one

moving zenit pick to the 29th

Tigre -167 to win 1 unit

Germany

Karlsrusher +100 to bet 1 unit

usa

RSL -133 to win1 unit

Argentina