Auburn -13.5 ?? THoughts, I need some insight

MaxwellEdison

What does everyone think about this, its hard to lay the points on the road in the SEC, we know that S.C. will be well coached. On the other hand Auburn running and throwing should dominate the game. What does everyone think about this. I could use some insight.

I think that getting Auburn under two TD's you should be fine. South Carolina is a bit overrated right now and they don't have the playmakers/talent to keep up with Auburn. Game might be a bit closer based on good coaching, but I think it's 2td+ win for auburn.

still looks good to me, auburn will wear down SC on offense, and the Gamecocks should have a lot of trouble scoring.

I need help! I have Auburn at 14. Should I grab a second unit on the 13.5 or let the first one ride?

I think Auburn wins this one by 17-20. Maybe a 27-7 type WIN. No answers on offense for SC. They just played FAU and now have to face the quickest defense in the country. It could get ugly.

SC a bit overated, how??? Auburn is the team thats clearly overated to be laying this whale of a spread on the road, no less. They probably have a 90% chance of SU win but theres no way I can see a 15+ win as being a greater than 50% probability, no way, not even close. This line opened at 7.5, and Im guessing went up because of Blake Mitchell? Well, thats fine, give me Newton +14 and I will take my chances lol.

Ive been looking at the matchups, and Sidney Rice has an unbelieveable size advantage over auburn's smallish secondary. Could be something to watch, I'm sure Spurrier is aware of this.

I don't care if it's 7 or 15. Bottom line is if SC becomes one dimensional and has to throw this game could compound into a blowout. SC's offensive line stinks. They can't protect and won't be able to ever run against AUB. AUB has been waiting for this game for 2 weeks and now will try to steal some #1 votes.

SC is overrated...beating a pathetic Miss St team in the opener proved something? They couldn't score AT HOME against GA. They can't compete in the SEC with their personell right now.

I'm on board with Fondy. Spurrier will be about the only reason this game isn't a 20+ point win by Auburn. Like them ALOT myself, but then again, I liked S. Miss ALOT Tuesday night too :hairout: !!!

GL fellas, playing AUburn and the UNDER in the TCU game myself.

PEACE!

Rice has 5 TDs on the year. 5 of those came last week. He is a good player, but you have to have more than one reciever to have a good offense. Auburn's secondary has done awesome so far and one of the best DBs in the SEC will be covering rice.

According to Auburn's OC Borges, they are going to start to open the offense up more. The offense against LSU was conservative because the defense was winning it. The other games didn't need an open offense to win.

Spurrier gets too much credit for being Spurrier. Auburn wins in a blowout, anything 14 and under is safe.

Agree that the Auburn secondary is a bit undersized when compared to Rice BUT if the offensive line cannot provide enough time for the QB to find him, it will be negated pretty badly. Not to mention the Auburn scheme can cover up for the size deficit pretty well, along with the fact the entire defense overall has great speed.

Could really picture one of those games where Auburn establishes the run/play action early, goes up like 10-0 or so by grinding out the lock and keeping the SC offense on the sidelines, preventing them from not getting into any passing groove and becoming one dimensional because they have to play catchup.

I think Auburn's history will help tonight in the fact that Auburn know's they can't dick around if they want a national title. Games like this are a must win. I also think in the SEC every coach given the opportunity will try and put points on the board against Spurrier.

The only interesting thin is the up and down is around 37 and Aubbie is -14. The Aubbie D has to show up tonight.

I like Aubbie tonight and also playing the over in a teaser.

Aufan59 said:
Rice has 5 TDs on the year. 5 of those came last week. He is a good player, but you have to have more than one reciever to have a good offense. Auburn's secondary has done awesome so far and one of the best DBs in the SEC will be covering rice.

According to Auburn's OC Borges, they are going to start to open the offense up more. The offense against LSU was conservative because the defense was winning it. The other games didn't need an open offense to win.

Spurrier gets too much credit for being Spurrier. Auburn wins in a blowout, anything 14 and under is safe.

Ummm what game were you watching?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESgoMBi6d3g
Here watch this short video and check out this disguised defense that was winning it for Auburn against LSU. I can guarantee this defense will draw flags tonight in SC.

NickFazekas said:
SC a bit overated, how??? Auburn is the team thats clearly overated to be laying this whale of a spread on the road, no less. They probably have a 90% chance of SU win but theres no way I can see a 15+ win as being a greater than 50% probability, no way, not even close. This line opened at 7.5, and Im guessing went up because of Blake Mitchell? Well, thats fine, give me Newton +14 and I will take my chances lol.

The more I look at this one, I tend to agree with Nick. -13.5 to -14 too much for me to lay on the road in the SEC.

My initial thoughts on this was that Auburn would runaway with this game. The line jump suggested that. I locked in at -14 now it's 13.5, from what I'm hearing this is pretty divided. That's why CTG is such a great site! It's good to hear diff. views on this game. I also get the feeling the under is the better play, anyone have a good read on this? Thanks, in advance.

bjorks said:
I think Auburn's history will help tonight in the fact that Auburn know's they can't dick around if they want a national title. Games like this are a must win. I also think in the SEC every coach given the opportunity will try and put points on the board against Spurrier.

The only interesting thin is the up and down is around 37 and Aubbie is -14. The Aubbie D has to show up tonight.

I like Aubbie tonight and also playing the over in a teaser.

bjorks....I'm playing the over double my norm...
BOL to us, dude:cheers:

Back