• PICK CLUB WEEK #1 LINES ARE POSTED!

ASG Discussion

I don't know how you fix the current lameness of the all-star game. It used to be guys enjoyed playing basketball enough to at least compete a bit in the game. Now there's absolutely nothing compelling about it.

And why the hell wasn't Wemby in the regular all-star game? It was that important to have Paul (never won shit and nobody cares) George on the squad?

I don't know how you fix the current lameness of the all-star game. It used to be guys enjoyed playing basketball enough to at least compete a bit in the game. Now there's absolutely nothing compelling about it.
NBA finals HCA?

• Haha
Reactions: KJ
I guess there are those who would love the egos playing against each other but I'd rather watch bowling than one on one basketball

Let the all-stars come to the weekend but only let them participate in the Saturday activities: 3 point, dunk, relay and H-o-r-s-e contests where they won't hurt their pussies.

Instead of "all-stars" I'd have each team send 1 player who generally plays 20+ minutes per game but has started less than 25% of their team's games. Call it the glue guy challenge. Put up $5 million winner take all for the winning team. Imagine a battle with guys like these:

East
Payton Pritchard
Caris LeVert
Bob Portis
Duce McBride
Pat Beverley
Isaiah Jackson
Duncan Robinson
Cole Anthony
Ayo Dosunmu

West
Slowmo Anderson
Cason Wallace
Norman Powell
Christian Braun
Trey Murphy
Josh Okogie
Tim Hardaway Jr.
Malik Monk
Rui Hachimura

.....and so on. Fans of every team would love to see their glue guy in this contest. And you can't tell me these guys wouldn't bust their ass to win.

Jeebus. Now they want to get paid for the All Star game? I’m sure that will make it more competitive, because the tiny amount they’d all receive when compared to their fucking contracts makes it believable that they’d all try harder. Talk about out of touch with reality.

No way. Go pop out for a club appearance. I could see Gandy’s way.
Most of em have All Star bonus in the contract? I truly don’t know

No way. Go pop out for a club appearance. I could see Gandy’s way.
Most of em have All Star bonus in the contract? I truly don’t know

I’d guess they probably do as well but don’t know for sure.

What the NBA should do is have the fans vote on whether or not to a. Continue AS game, b. Continue AS game and pay players more for it, or C. Scrap the whole thing and do something else.

I’d like to see it just so the players themselves can see how much the fans now hate the AS game and wake them up to reality in a way. The winner would be C by a big margin.

Jeebus. Now they want to get paid for the All Star game? I’m sure that will make it more competitive, because the tiny amount they’d all receive when compared to their fucking contracts makes it believable that they’d all try harder. Talk about out of touch with reality.

This is incredible.. like these fucks need more money. Why are players so upset if they don’t get named all stars too, then when they do this is the effort they give .

Stephen A ripped lebron for ruining the dunk contest. Can you blame him for the all star game too?

Also can’t remember now who said it but they reported a lot of players want the game to be more competitive. Not sure there’s any merit to that, could be bs

Only one things motivates today's NBA player...

Money, give these dudes 300-500k if they win and guaranteed you'll see a competitive game.

See the in-season tourney...

Many of these guys make close to/more than that for each game they play. I fail to see how one more game check would make the game competitive all of a sudden.

Many of these guys make close to/more than that for each game they play. I fail to see how one more game check would make the game competitive all of a sudden.

See in-season tourney, 500k is a pretty good party and/or offseason trip.

LeAppletini has never turned down making a few extra dollars.

They follow his lead, his influence on his peers is quite epic...

Yep.

The World team would take it serious and after a half, the US team would start playing hard trying to rally.
It could be a pretty even game too

World throwing out jokic, giannis, luka, sga, Wemby as a starting 5

I think it gets serious quicker, first hard foul and we are off

Feels like thing Lebron would get too, and wouldnt wanna lose

See in-season tourney, 500k is a pretty good party and/or offseason trip.

LeAppletini has never turned down making a few extra dollars.

They follow his lead, his influence on his peers is quite epic...

I don’t think anyone played harder in the in season tourney for 500k. That simply your opinion and I feel it’s with little merit.

Even if it were true, 12 guys on an NBA team are NOT all making that per game check. The AS game is completely different, there aren’t fringe starters ans 11th/12th men anywhere near the court. You know this, you’re just ignoring it for some reason. You’re comparing apples and elephants.

I’m also not sure the stuff about Lebron is accurate anymore. I think most of the younger guys can’t stand Lebron and are ready for him to move on.

Lol, Heard the league told the players to be competitive and they weren't, then the players said that Indy was boring and too cold.

So SIlver changed the requirements for cities that host the ASG.

Now they have to be 'party' cities with a warm climate.

Couldn't make this shit up.

The modern NBA player. Is what it fucking is, lmao...

Lol, Heard the league told the players to be competitive and they weren't, then the players said that Indy was boring and too cold.

So SIlver changed the requirements for cities that host the ASG.

Now they have to be 'party' cities with a warm climate.

Couldn't make this shit up.

The modern NBA player. Is what it fucking is, lmao...
So basically 8-10 cities, might as well pull it from SF next year for high crime

Back