Army - Navy at West Point

s--k

Goodbye to Romance College Football
ESPN Gameday will be at West Point! Army is 3-6 in games in which Gameday is apart of. Navy is 3-3, all of which were Army-Navy games.

This is the first time Army - Navy has been played at West Point since 1943.

Army's uniforms:

Army_Football_25ID.0.jpeg

Navy's uniforms

HSUZ3NUZFNGYNF5VGUCF7SM4MI.jpg

First Navy team to play Army in 1890:

EDMAPB3GDNDMTLVAYD3RNEST5M.jpg

Army's 1891 team (couldn't find an 1890 photo)

army-football-1892jpg.webp

Photo of the First Army-Navy game in 1890, Navy won 24-0. It was the first official football game in Army's history. Navy had played football for a decade prior.

armynavy1890.jpg

1sta-natwp.jpg

CIC Trophy scenarios:

Air Force - needs to beat Army
Army - needs to beat Navy and Air Force
Navy - needs to beat Army and Army beating Air Force

Navy's defense has really been outstanding the last 2 weeks vs Memphis and Tulsa.

Tulsa didn't gain more than 26 yards on any drive in the 1st H. Yardage at HT was 117-71 for Tulsa (teams combined for 5-of-18 3rd down in the 1st H).

The game's biggest play was a 3rd-and-13 66y Tulsa TD pass late 3rd Q to put Tulsa up 13-6. In the 4th Q while trying to kill clock up 10, Tulsa would get a 37y pass on 3rd-and-8 to put them in FG range and set up their 13 point win.

Navy held Tulsa to 293y, the only team to hold Tulsa to fewer was Oklahoma State. The game prior vs Memphis Navy held the Tigers to a season low 280 yards.

But while the Mids D is playing lights out, their O only generated 153y vs Tulsa! Even when they struggled on O the week prior vs Memphis they still came up with 321 yards.

Don't have the figures in front of me but I think the under is something like 9-1 the last decade (which may be why the total is 38, lowest total I've seen in a long time) and the dog is something like 7-3 during that same span

I don't have the O/U for all these year, somebody can fill in the blanks?

2019 O/U 40.5 - total points 38
2018 O/U 40 - total points 27
2017 O/U 44 - total points 27
2016 O/U ____ - total points 38
2015 O/U ____ - total points 38
2014 O/U ____- total points 27
2013 O/U ____- total points 41
2012 O/U ____- total points 30
2011 O/U ____- total points 48
2010 O/U ____- total points 48
2009 O/U ____- total points 20
2008 O/U ____- total points 34
2007 O/U ____- total points 41
2006 O/U ____- total points 40
2005 O/U ____- total points 65
2004 O/U ____- total points 55
2003 O/U ____- total points 40
2002 O/U ____- total points 70
2001 O/U ____- total points 43

I was going to auto play the under here but this total is just so low (37.5 right now)...if this ticks down to 37/36.5...is the over playable? Side-wise with the game at West Point it's Army or nothing...

Navy is going to have to have A LOT of wrinkles if they have any hope. Just running their bread and butter isn't going to get it. I almost believe they have some things up their sleeve, not just wrinkles, but something drastically different to catch Army off guard. That's just my guess. If both teams line up and run their typical offenses Army will win and it will stay under.

When Unders are that low I always fear field position being such where continued 3-and-out set up one team for a few short fields, then there is always the turnover or fluke score worry. You get one weird short field TD and say a nonoffensive TD and it starts to get dicey.

I was going to auto play the under here but this total is just so low (37.5 right now)...if this ticks down to 37/36.5...is the over playable? Side-wise with the game at West Point it's Army or nothing...
Isn’t Navy offense really bad this year with their QB graduating last year? I’ll just play Army and forget about the under........

Always love this game. My typical strategy is dog/under but not sure I can get behind navy this year?

it pretty much always feels super low doesn’t it? Usually still goes under! Lol. Last 2 years it been 41 and 38 and they didn’t sniff either.

Last 6 years 38 been the highest outcome but they have hit that in 3 of them. Navy offense is not nearly as good without Perry.

Just tease army/under seems like way to go for me. Just cause I don’t think I can get behind navy in this one as much I prefer to play the dog. Navy has played the much tougher schedule tho and their defense been pretty stout recently.

Dog had covered 6 the last 7 before last year, navy blew them out last year but again that cause they had Perry who was the entire offense. They just havnt been able to replace that and I think since they were so different with him than typical they havnt been able to get the option attack humming. With Perry I felt like they didn’t run nearly as much option and rather just put him in shotgun and just let him make plays.

I never tease college games but I feel like Army teased here is quasi-NFL side with a 37 total. Army -1/Steelers +7.5 is juicy.

Back