April 13 NBA

SF_capper

CTG addict
Only a couple games interesting to me. Havn't really bothered looking into the geames involving the non-playoff teams, but it doesn't meant I'm ruling them out. Any help on those would be appreciated

Cleveland at Indiana
nice spot for a home dog here. My power ranking having this cleveland -4.5, but I'd be surprised to see anything that low. Expecting an overvalued Cleveland -6. Cleveland still dancing from pretty much establishing HCA. They just slaughtered Boston- their only competition for the east this yr. (side note, in the EC finals game 1- Boston will be a big bet for me) Now they have to fly to Indi only to have to come back home and tie the record for a home record. This is a sandwich spot for Cleveland against an always dangerous home dog in Indiana. Some bring up the revenge from the questionable call last time at indi, but I think the malice is more towards the officials than towards Indiana and I dont see any reason for clev to want to try esp hard to win this game. gonna be on the pts probably for 3
Indiana +5- 4 L
1st H Indiana +2 -105- 1 L
2nd Q Indiana +1- 1 L

Toronto @ Washington
power rantings have this Wash -2 with arenas in, and Im expecting something around there. This is Wash's last chacen to apologize to the fans for fuckin the season up and to bring washington hope :) This is as much a bet on Wash to end the season right as it is a fade of toronto playing a 5/7, 7/10 with really no reason to try hard after celebrating a W on its last home game of the yr on a b2b. Gonna lay the small chalk for prolly 3
Washington -2.5 -105- 3 L
--Washington -3 -105- 1 L

2nd Q Washington -.5- 1 W
2nd H Washington -2 -105- 3 L

Chicago @ Detroit
Gonna be on the home team. Chicago has been "hot" but its been artificial. ANY team can reel off Ws when they get 4/5 games in a row at home with rest in bw. When was the last time chicago was impressive on the road? Big game that I expect experience and defense to win. needless to say, I am not sold on Chicago and will look to fade them whenever they hit the road this coming playoffs, even if it means laying heavy chalk. Gonna be on detroit, just waiting on this number
Detroit -3.5 -105- 5 L
---- detroit -4 -111- 1 L
Detroit 1st Q -1- 1 L
2nd H Detroit +1- 2L

New Orleans @ Houston
Gonna be on Houston if the line is under 7- expecting 6 here. Yao should be fine as he missed the last as a precaution and they were playin the Ws. New Orleans just won a big game over Dallas where cp3 came up huge.. they've been depending on him ALOT lately- a bit too much. Don't see armstrong doing much of anything to limit yao and expect a solid Houston home win in a big game for them. Hous, SA, and Portland are tied for 3rd- each 1 game behind denver. Hosuton and SA are identical right now- same record, series tied 2-2, same conference records. however, the 2nd tiebreaker is division records: SA is 9-6 while Hosuton is 8-6. SA has New Orleans at home on wednesday while Houston has this game and at Dallas, making this game a must win for them. Probably gonna have play for 3 on the better team at medium chalk at home in a must win.
Houston -8- 3 W
1st H Houston -4.5 -105- 2 W
2nd H Houston -.5- 3 W

others:
Orlando +5 +100- 3 L
2nd H New Jersey -1.5 -105- 3
2nd H Denver -9.5 +100- 6 W
San Antonio -4 -105- 5 W
2nd H Memphis +4 +100- 3 L

so far
7-12
-6.46 :hang:

Last edited:
I don't understand your reasoning on Cleveland's supposed lack of motivation. Unless I'm missing something, if they win this game, they clinch home court. Eliminates all pressure, and they can fuck around and rest guys in the finale vs. Philly. Surely they're operating under the assumption that LA is gonna beat Utah and end up with 17 losses. That means Cleveland needs to finish 66-16 for home court. If they fuck around and blow this game, that means they come home needing a win for home court. Anything can happen in one game, hell, we just saw Philly win at LA a few weeks ago. I would be shocked if Cleveland wasn't on a mission tonight to win this game by 10 points and get this pressure off their backs, rather than risking a SU loss and leaving it all up to one game. Just my two cents.

I don't understand your reasoning on Cleveland's supposed lack of motivation. Unless I'm missing something, if they win this game, they clinch home court. Eliminates all pressure, and they can fuck around and rest guys in the finale vs. Philly. Surely they're operating under the assumption that LA is gonna beat Utah and end up with 17 losses. That means Cleveland needs to finish 66-16 for home court. If they fuck around and blow this game, that means they come home needing a win for home court. Anything can happen in one game, hell, we just saw Philly win at LA a few weeks ago. I would be shocked if Cleveland wasn't on a mission tonight to win this game by 10 points and get this pressure off their backs, rather than risking a SU loss and leaving it all up to one game. Just my two cents.

I think after dominating Boston today they're looking at the wednesday game to solidify themselves in the record books. I think it'd be hard for any team to mentally get prepared and up for 3 games in 4 nights, and you could tell they were looking forward to today's game and should be looking at wednesday's game. I think they got their Mouse off their back and should naturally be relaxed knowing they just finished the only question mark left on their schedule and would need to go 0-2 to not get hca. Our main difference it seems is that I'm going by the assumption that cleveland knows they win on wednesday

Probably a fair assumption. Just hard to back a team like Indiana with nothing whatsoever to play for in this spot. The entire crowd will probably be there to see LeBron and not the home team, lol. I don't think Brown will kill his guys if they're fighting down 10 all game, but if it's close with 6 minutes left I gotta think Cleveland pulls away and wins by anywhere from 4-10.

Probably a fair assumption. Just hard to back a team like Indiana with nothing whatsoever to play for in this spot. The entire crowd will probably be there to see LeBron and not the home team, lol. I don't think Brown will kill his guys if they're fighting down 10 all game, but if it's close with 6 minutes left I gotta think Cleveland pulls away and wins by anywhere from 4-10.

1.) Even when everyone shows up to watch the opposing player it creates an electric atmosphere that the home team often responds to. Hence why the Lakers always get everyone's best shot.

2.) If Indy loses this game their home court final against Milwaukee could be a one game playoff to stay out of the cellar in the division. Win this and they won't finish last.

3.) As SF points out Indy has been a great home dog and of course the Lebron's are in a rough spot motivationally...

what are your thoughts on the bucks-3.5 against the magic? i already took bucks for 2 units and feel pretty good about em, just looking for some more thoughts.

what are your thoughts on the bucks-3.5 against the magic? i already took bucks for 2 units and feel pretty good about em, just looking for some more thoughts.

funny game and one I can see Orlando easily winning. Yes- hedo and shard are out, and this is milwaukee's last home game, while orlando has been playing like shit and are playing for nothing as far as playoff seeds go. Things seem to be shaping up nicely to fade orlando, but at the same time I think milwaukee backers have missed the boat on this one. There is too much talk about orlando going into the playoffs without momentum and this seems to be the type of spot orlando has been killin this yr. Dwight is still twice any player milwaukee has and although I agree with sammy that he isn't that great, it isn't because of lack of talent or skill, but more mentally right now. He has what it takes to be great right now and has the skills for it, but seems to be mentally weak and cowers and gets intimidated a bit. That is not a worry here as he owns anyone on that team. Also, this is a "wounded bear" spot ala. Handy. Its been extremely sucessful in years past and it bases itself on a buy low principle. If a favored team loses twice in a row str8 up then is dogged- bet on them. This line is CRAZY as what would this line be 1 week ago? Orlando -4/5? I think orlando's wing players step up: pietrus/lee/redick and make people regret putting money on milwaukee. I'm not sure if I play this yet, but with the line flying the way it is, if I can get orlando +5/+200 thatll be impossible for me to turn down

The Magic close the regular season Wednesday at 8 p.m. against the Charlotte Bobcats at Amway Arena.

Oddly enough, the Magic are finishing it the way they started it — with a lack of defensive intensity and focus.

They lost their first two games of the season, to the Atlanta Hawks in their home-opener, and then fell to the woeful Grizzlies in Memphis.

But the Magic had 80 more games to regroup — and they did, sprinting to a 33-8 record at the midway point.

This time, they have only two games remaining until the playoffs begin and are worn mentally and physically.

"I don't know what to call this," center Dwight Howard said of the team's play before labeling it "a little funk. I just know we have to get out of it soon or we are going to be in trouble come playoff time. We have to do something about this."

Howard didn't do much about it in New Jersey, scoring just seven points and adding eight rebounds. He played only 26 minutes, however, as Van Gundy tried to give key players a breather.

Van Gundy is in a tough spot. He wants his club to recapture its mojo — not to mention its offensive and defensive prowess — while also trying to monitor his starters' minutes.

Asked after the loss to the Nets how he could accomplish both tasks, he said, "It doesn't matter. We didn't have a single guy play well. They're doing a terrible job. I'm doing a terrible job."

When it was suggested that perhaps the Magic are merely marking time until the postseason, Van Gundy said, "I'm not going to use excuses like the playoff blues."

Van Gundy noted that other contenders are finishing strong and "are ready to play" each night.

If it's any consolation, the 1994-95 Magic team that posted a 57-25 record lost six of its last nine games — and went to the NBA Finals.

"You don't want to have to flip that switch before the playoffs," point guard Anthony Johnson said. "It's time to look in the mirror and right the ship. We're just playing in spurts right now."

When a team has been out of playoff contention for some time, it needs to find a way to motivate itself. For the Washington Wizards, they don't want to go down as the worst team in franchise history.

The Wizards can ensure they will avoid matching the worst record in the history of the franchise Monday night when they try to beat the Toronto Raptors for the second time in four days.

Washington (19-61) has been mired with the worst record in the Eastern Conference through most of the season, but the veterans on the club have stated they don't want to match the 2000-01 club that finished 19-63. The Wizards put themselves into position to reach 20 wins with a 100-98 victory at Toronto on Friday.

"We really want to get that 20 wins and this was a great opportunity," Washington's Caron Butler said. "We rode the momentum and got it."

SF, i just wrote similar about the Wiz in the discussion thread, Whats the raptors frame of mind? 2 road games left? playing bench guys more?

So much for that big-man rotation being intact.

Cavaliers forward/center Ben Wallace left Sunday's game with a bruised left knee suffered in the second quarter.

He didn't come back.

Wallace, 34, didn't travel to Indianapolis after the game. He's scheduled to get an MRI and possibly an X-ray at the Cleveland Clinic today.

The 6-foot-9, 240-pounder has been back in the lineup just three games after missing 21 with a broken right fibula.

Rookie J.J. Hickson is already on the inactive list with a stress reaction in his back and will be sidelined at least another two weeks. Fellow rookie Darnell Jackson might be pressed into action.

Rest factor

Cavs forward LeBron James said he would be active for the Pacers game tonight.

But they are getting to the point where they want to start resting players for the playoffs, which start next weekend.

"I'll talk to team and see how they feel," James said. "It's not like I'm physically drained. You have to be smart. Extra rest is always key. We'll figure it out in the next day or so."

well that sucks balls. Houston -8, yet like a douche I still put a medium bet on it. guess I can't hope for a good spot and value this late into the season

eh I'm gonna goto sleep. Dont see any reason to lock this wash bet in right now, but in case I dont wake up in time i guess I will do it now as I'd rather risk it going down to 1.5 than see it hit 3.5 when i wake up.

nice to see that hitting the openers for indi worked out well, although it seems my houston rush may not work out

Dwight Howard will sit this one out as well tonight

posted by Bschmitz on Apr 13, 2009 6:02:49 PM
Discuss This: Comments (0) | TrackBack (0) | Linking Blogs | Add to del.icio.us | Digg it
In a move to get him some rest before the playoffs next weekend, center Dwight Howard will also sit out tonight against the Bucks and play limited minutes in the season-finale at home on Wednesday against the Bobcats.
Coach Stan Van Gundy said Howard has looked tired the last few games and wants him fresh for the postseason.
Marcin Gortat will start in his place.
Van Gundy also said it would be difficult for Howard on a night that Hedo Turkoglu (sprained left ankle) and Rashard Lewis (right-knee tendinitis) are also sitting out.
J.J. Redick (back spasms) is also out.

I also like Detroit---

it does concern me that they can tank the game if they want Cavs , coudl that happen?

Otherwise i agree, Bulls are like the raps a jump shooting team that does not win vs good defensive teams on the road either.

horribly handled by me. should've gone indiana 1st Q =-1, 2nd Q-1, but went with 1st H over Q and took a -2 over a split. If I had in-game, I'd play det 2nd Q as I fully expect chicago crazy 1st Q shooting to cool down

2nd H Washington -3 -105- 3

momentum bet. Toronto took a huge early lead- something like 14 pts to have it tied now. This is a star's ame with bosh and marion doing the scoring for toronto and butler and jamison doing it for wash. However, I do expect to see less of bosh and marion as part of toronto's resting plans- as shown by barg being out, while I expect butler and jamison to play bunches like they did the last game in the 2nd H.

hate detroit for getting up so much at the end of that half. was hoping to get them 2nd H

playing this one: NJ seems more interested in poalying their starters for the fans while charlotte seems to be almost messin aorund with rotations:

2nd H New Jersey -1.5 -105- 3

wow. waghington. imrpessive

:09.9 TOR - C. Bosh makes a 25-foot three-pointer from the right wing. Assist: J. Calderon
:15.2 TOR - 20 sec timeout
:15.2 WAS - Bad pass by J. Dixon
:21.4 TOR - Layup by S. Marion. Assist: J. Kapono
:26.8 WAS - N. Young enters game for D. Songaila
:26.8 TOR - A. Parker enters game for P. O'Bryant
:26.8 TOR - 20 sec timeout
:26.8 WAS - B. Haywood hits the second free throw
:26.8 TOR - P. O'Bryant enters game for A. Parker
:26.8 WAS - B. Haywood misses the first free throw

2nd H Houston -.5- 3

New Orleans on a b2b should fold. they had their 1st Q now its time for Houston to take this game and run with it. expect a 20 pt lead at end of 3 with the only question being the backdoor. With New Orlean's reserves, I doubt it

nice call. Despite the 8 pt final, it really wasn't that close and cleveland has now earned and completely deserves HCA thru the playoffs. too bad I didn't listen

horrible day and definitely went bigger than I should've in a couple the games. Going a little bit over my head in size of bets along with the Washington fuck job leaves me here down way more than I could've. live and learn

2nd H Denver -9.5 +100- 6

Sac on a b2b in Denver off the heartbreaker vs SA
Urdih is out. Hawes just got flagranted and should be out for game. Denver, I think, can clinch the 2nd seed with a W
Denver outscored them by 12 in the 2nd Q and now has the momentum going into the 2nd H and probably took the remaining hope out of Sac for this game

Denver is gonna rolled this club

they dont want to clinch against port

they will blow them out....i agree

wtf just utrned it on
Duncan is in and the line is 4?!
wtf is this. They were just -9 @ Sac without Duncan
GS has no answer to Duncan or Parker and the SA shooters should find wide open spots all night long
SA is in the fight for positions- they don't care as much as the other teams, but they still obviously know its important
GS off the HUGE win at Utah- something we havnt done in forever. Yes its out season finalie, but the crowds have been weak regardless lately
Fact is, GS just finished playing their GOY winning at Utah and probbaly are good for the season. SA should outclass us

San Antonio -4 -105- 4

the great unknown is how much pop will play his geezers

figure they go up big and cruise to the end

gl man

the great unknown is how much pop will play his geezers

figure they go up big and cruise to the end

gl man

with SA -4 is always scary, but I'm not gonna let what I think is a great shot at a SU W scare me off a -4. Duncan rested yesterday probably with the thinking: We can beat Sac without Duncan but not GS. Expect 30-35 minutes and points from duncan. gonna go watch the game. be back at half

nice finish to end the day on a medium - as opposed to a huge one. bad add in memphis- thought i read somewhere of gentry saying he'd bench starters in the 2nd H- shouldve confirmed before i bet

Back