Apple Cup...Week 14 FWIW

jimmymo

Beer and Betting Belong Together
1-2 last week to end a solid streak of winning weeks.......24-14 ytd.......

Washington -7 v. Washington State......2 units.........interesting times for the UW team...much was anticipated for this season after a great showing in the Eastern Washington game and things really have not worked out...there just have been some headscratching performances from this team (Cal, Stanford and the debacle at Colorado)........tack on a couple of pretty good performances in their other two losses, which arguably should have been wins against Oregon and Utah.......but, I have the feeling that this will be a game where the UW team brings 100% focus and plays a really good game.....I put quite a bit of emphasis in "spot" situations and I think we have a good one here with the UW and I expect the UW to come with the "A" game today............if both teams some with their best, I would still expect the UW to win/cover, as there is a huge disparity with the defenses here...the UW offense can be stopped by good (or even decent) defenses......however, WSU is just poor on D and the UW should be able to run effectively and control the ball....the way you beat the UW defense is by having a solid running game and mixing in the pass when needed....the UW D showed really well against the pass-happy USC offense and I think the secondary will show up with a big game ......although both teams are relatively healthy, one thing that always seems to show up in this game recently is depth......it is late in the year and with lingering injuries that exist, depth is important and the UW has a clear advantage here and should be the much "fresher" team in the 4th quarter.........was really considering the Over here, as it will be a super-nice day (no rain/no wind) here in Seattle and both teams should score a bit, but the fact that the UW should run and control the ball has me off that.........UW 36 Wazzu 24

Oregon -19 v. oregon state..........2 units..complete 180 turn on this game for me, for a few reasons...first and foremost, a buddy of mine that lives in the Portland area and a very savvy better says this game is Oregon or nothing...I have trust......also, if you look at what the Beavers offense has done against the upper half defenses in this league, it is clear they can and very possibly will really struggle.......both Utah and Washington shut out the Beavs offense......the Duck defense is as good or better than Washington and I think they can give the Beaves problems.....and while the Beavs D has shown improvement, keeping down the Oregon offense is going to be a problme....finally, Oregon State shaping up to be a public dog and I just LOVE fading public dogs..........Oregoin 44 Oregon State 13

UCLA PK v. Cal..........1 unit....total gut feeling here, as I think DTR and the offense can and will score......I like the UCLA D=line and think they can give the Cal offense some problems

Last edited:
Lean this way. Just hate UW receivers. Too many mistakes. Frustrating to watch with money on them.

Just hate UW receivers. Too many mistakes. Frustrating to watch with money on them.

Truth!........there has been a TON of discussion about getting the younger guys in the mix (Bynum, Osborne, Spiker in particular).......I "think" they will get some run today, but coach Pete has been terribly stubborn for sticking with the older guys (Baccellia in particular).....Fuller has been OK, but had some key drops.......hoping for a top notch game out of this crew!!!

Is Leach have foot put the door? I really would be interested in what he would/could do with Ole Miss?

Is Leach have foot put the door? I really would be interested in what he would/could do with Ole Miss?

Rumor that I have heard up here is Arkansas and he is getting to the point where he is wearing out his welcome, even up here in the world of leftists.....he unloaded on a reporter post-game yesterday and our state Lt. Governor called him out on twitter, saying he is unfit to represent the state as a coach/teacher.......so, who knows, he may be on the move

Oregon -19 v. oregon state..........2 units..complete 180 turn on this game for me, for a few reasons...first and foremost, a buddy of mine that lives in the Portland area and a very savvy better says this game is Oregon or nothing...I have trust......also, if you look at what the Beavers offense has done against the upper half defenses in this league, it is clear they can and very possibly will really struggle.......both Utah and Washington shut out the Beavs offense......the Duck defense is as good or better than Washington and I think they can give the Beaves problems.....and while the Beavs D has shown improvement, keeping down the Oregon offense is going to be a problme....finally, Oregon State shaping up to be a public dog and I just LOVE fading public dogs..........Oregoin 44 Oregon State 13

UCLA PK v. Cal..........1 unit....total gut feeling here, as I think DTR and the offense can and will score......I like the UCLA D=line and think they can give the Cal offense some problems

Back