Anyone who bets Oregon tomorrow night...

I really cant see Oregon finishing this game with under 40 points fwiw... I am just confused as to why this Zona defense, with the same players as last year, has struggled to keep teams off the scoreboard this year. Could have been fluke-ish last year, who knows. The same can be said for Western Michigan, I think i am remembering correctly when I say that they had a pretty solid D last year and this year its M.I.A.

The only reason this line is so short has to be because of what happend last year, but clearly the ducks have improved everywhere, and Zonas defense has somehow regressed. Honestly, can you really sit there and convince yourself that Oregon is only going to score 17 points on this defense??? I have added the Ducks TT over 20 (1h) to my list of plays tonight. Tuitama will throw 2-3 picks, Dixon will manage the game to perfection just as he has done all year, and the Ducks will capitalize to make this game look ugly on the scoreboard.

Oregon 48
Arizona 26

I just feel like betting the Zona side of things is like playing with matches. Its like betting on a MAC team.

Why is this thread started?

Right now its pretty simple. There is NO MORE talk in threads on this board about side wagers or accepting money or anything of the sort. Slaps thread will be re-opened in a bit after I clean it up. The thing is you guys cannot be disussing betting with each other and setting it up on these boards. Use AIM,MSN, email..whatever else. We cannot be a facilitator for this.

i'm curious why this isn't allowed?

No doubt about it, 'Zona struggles with scrambling QB's. I think Oregon over-emphasizes on this tonight though

And it is the same defense as last year, they just don't have Michael Johnson.

or several key injuries they had last year.

:cheers:

i'm curious why this isn't allowed?

it might fall under the wire act.

In any event, what we post personally about our betting is one thing.

Setting up side bets online is a whole other step that puts the site in some legal issues.....if we ever come under scrutiny. There is already a site based in the American Northwest that's been shut down over it.

So just...no setting up side bets here.

:shake:

red - yeah that makes a ton of sense. i didn't even think about the wire act and why that would be a problem with trying to coordinate side bets.

good to know. thanks.

:tiphat:

Still strongly think ZONA will cover, but also praying for them to win the game JUST FOR FUN :) 2morrow's headline will be "ZONA..National Championship spoiler" on USATODAY :)

Last edited:
7:45 to go in the 4th quarter as I type this, and 'Zona is only up by a TD.

Oregon loses their star QB Dennis Dixon, and replaces him with the very average Brady Leaf. When Dixon was in the game, Oregon had 19 plays for 183 yds, they were moving the ball at will. Hard to believe that 'Zona has an int return for a TD, a punt return for a TD, playing against a 2nd string QB, and still is only up by 7 pts in the 4th.

That explains why they were only 4-6 coming into the game, because they need breaks (injuries to the other team's best player, plus freak plays like int returns and punt returns) to win a big game.

I think ASU will take care of business against Arizona yet again, just like they have 4 of the past 5 yrs.

7:45 to go in the 4th quarter as I type this, and 'Zona is only up by a TD.

Oregon loses their star QB Dennis Dixon, and replaces him with the very average Brady Leaf. When Dixon was in the game, Oregon had 19 plays for 183 yds, they were moving the ball at will. Hard to believe that 'Zona has an int return for a TD, a punt return for a TD, playing against a 2nd string QB, and still is only up by 7 pts in the 4th.

That explains why they were only 4-6 coming into the game, because they need breaks (injuries to the other team's best player, plus freak plays like int returns and punt returns) to win a big game.

I think ASU will take care of business against Arizona yet again, just like they have 4 of the past 5 yrs.

Ok.

oregon was as soft as this -11 line tonight. illini gonna get a BCS bowl ... couple more things need to happen for us tho.

oregon was as soft as this -11 line tonight. illini gonna get a BCS bowl ... couple more things need to happen for us tho.
LOL

Oregon wins this game by 20+ if Dix was healthy. It was like swis cheese first few drives. I had Zopna for a 1/4 unit and am happy but injury notwithstadning Oregon is a far superior team. And I hate Oregon. Trust me. I have been dogging them more than most this year.

Nice win for your "alma matter" Gavin:tiphat:

if the BCS big heads use teh "dixon didnt play shit" and rank oregon still up were they shouldnt imma be pissed. but really what should i expect from the so called computers and the humans who vote?

never gonan be a playoff least imo. long live CBB for that reason (one of many).

I - L - L

ILL??????????? u must be dreaming :)

OHIO ST win out with authority, they might have a chacne to jump back to #2, or they might as well put KAN in there if they win out. I dotn' see any other team can get there.

looks highly likely that the winner of thebig 12 championship game will get one of the two slots in the national title game.

how about a UCLA-Illinois Rose Bowl?

not sure what it'll take for your illini, but if UCLA wins out (oregon without dixon and sc) and ASU loses out (sc and zona).......and theres a 4 way tie between sc, asu, uo and ucla at 6-3..........UCLA will make the Rose Bowl. lol im not even kidding :36_11_6:

Illini has no chance for Rose Bowl....they have two league losses and Um/tOSU have one..

The winner Saturday goes unless tOSU ends up in New Orleans.

i think we see a different game play out had Dixon not gotton hurt in the 1st Qtr...

nice win, but i don't think the outcome would have been the same with Dixon still in there...

Illini has no chance for Rose Bowl....they have two league losses and Um/tOSU have one..

The winner Saturday goes unless tOSU ends up in New Orleans.

rose bowl is next year. i want the outback bowl and florida 'an_horse'

Back