Anyone else think ....

interesting thought...I'm thinking Washington will stick with a west coast guy, either than or the Missouir offensive coordinator Dave Christenson sp?...clemson, hmm that would be an interesting job to ponder...Golden might have been considered had he not botched it in regulation last week...

Definitely not UW, but I'm really just speculating...UW needs to get Petersen, plain and simple.

good call with Peterson to Boise...I could see that too...him or Lane Kiffin maybe...

still think Cutcliffe or Muschamp will be at Tennessee next year...

I could see Fat Phil going to Clemson. He could keep all his orange XXXL shirts.

Seriously, I think you'd have to be nuts to hire Fulmer. His management of games is awful, and I know he won a Nat Championship, etc - but he constantly underchieves with the talent he gets on a consistent basis.

Word at Clemson is they cannot afford a big time coach. Turner Gill would be a good fit. They will be offering around 1.2-1.5 mil. This would be lucrative for both parties. Gill is a up and coming coach that will install some discipline.

Word at Clemson is they cannot afford a big time coach. Turner Gill would be a good fit. They will be offering around 1.2-1.5 mil. This would be lucrative for both parties. Gill is a up and coming coach that will install some discipline.

Thats the wrong word

Clemson has money for days. No they won't pay $4 mill for Satan like Bama did but they will give the right guy 1.75-2mil

What they SHOULD do though is go get a Brian Kelly type and let him stay there for a long time....However, I hope they don't.

Thats the wrong word

Clemson has money for days. No they won't pay $4 mill for Satan like Bama did but they will give the right guy 1.75-2mil

What they SHOULD do though is go get a Brian Kelly type and let him stay there for a long time....However, I hope they don't.

I think every team in the south has Brian Kelley on their short list. Tennessee would be a better job than Clemson. More money, equal pressure to win, and much bigger recruiting budget. If you are going to be stressed to win, you might as well get paid.

Clemson better hurry up though, With Tubberville bound to be fired soon, Tennessee open, they are going to be in some competition for a coach

I think every team in the south has Brian Kelley on their short list. Tennessee would be a better job than Clemson. More money, equal pressure to win, and much bigger recruiting budget. If you are going to be stressed to win, you might as well get paid.

But which has an easier road to the promise land? The ACC.

Cannot disagree that the ACC is a simpler road, but if one wants to be remembered as a great coach and truely wants to be tested, The SEC is the way to go. I believe he is good enough to coach in arguably the best conference. He has won everywhere else.

Cannot disagree that the ACC is a simpler road, but if one wants to be remembered as a great coach and truely wants to be tested, The SEC is the way to go. I believe he is good enough to coach in arguably the best conference. He has won everywhere else.

If you are talking about Kelly, I was never disputing he couldn't coach there. Hell, I hope he waits 4 years and comes to South Carolina.

He is the type of coach though, that Clemson could use. I'm not sure a guy like Lane Kiffin is the answer, thats all I was getting at.

Muschamp is a good D-Cordinator, might be a good head coach, might not be though. Kelly has proven he can win everywhere he has been and he is still young

If you are talking about Kelly, I was never disputing he couldn't coach there. Hell, I hope he waits 4 years and comes to South Carolina.

He is the type of coach though, that Clemson could use. I'm not sure a guy like Lane Kiffin is the answer, thats all I was getting at.

Muschamp is a good D-Cordinator, might be a good head coach, might not be though. Kelly has proven he can win everywhere he has been and he is still young

Totally agree. I like Muschamp, but I would like to see him take on a head coaching job at a smaller program where he can actually show what he can do. I think he could turn a team around similar to what Cuntcliff has done with Duke. I do not know anything about Lane Kiffen. I know he was OC at USC, but then again so was Norm Chow. Why has his name not been mentioned. He has Tenn. ties with the pros and can recruit in Cali. Hell, give him a HC chance.

I'm think Kelly could easily be gone this year barring a collapse down the stretch. The defensive cupboard is completely bare going into next year and he knows he'll need a year or two to recruit before Cincy is relevant again.

Why would you hire him at this point? He put his life into Tennessee, and is no spring chicken. How could he go to a place like Washington, where he is unfamiliar with the landscape and recruiting area, and expect him to succeed?

I think Fat Phil needs to just be retired. He got his national championship, he got his wins. Go softly into that good night, Pumpkin....

If Fulmer still has the itch to coach...he could pop up at a non-bcs school in a year or two just like Mike Price...tough to see him taking on a major rebuilding project at a BCS school though. Something in CUSA would probably suit him since that is the terrain that he is familiar with. Lot less pressure and money...don't have to put up with alumni that think you should go undefeated every year.

Totally agree O state with Gill to the cuse. Would be perfect fit. I said this in another thread but I think Kiffin to Clemson and Muschchamp to UT. Just my prediction. Ill add the Peterson to U dub as well. The real question is who takes over at USC when Carroll leaves for Frisco

no chance fulmer ends up in clemson next year. if for some unknown reason he did, check your news the night he is hired, there would be mass suicides in town.

Same for Lane Kiffin. He will not be our coach.

tubbs on the other hand might actually happen. Alot of the fan base doesn't really want him but everybody realizes the guy is an improvement from what we had. If Tubs could get us over the hump and win/compete for the ACC ship every year the job is his. There's been rumors that Tubs agent has been in contact with Clemson so we'll see.

Personally I'd talk to current HC like Leavitt,Mangino,Kelly,Leach, and current Assist. would obviously be Muschamp,Foster(said he would jump through hoops for a job like clemson), and Venables.

Yeah, I've heard some pretty serious rumblings around Hokieville that Bud Foster may be leaving for Clemson. HIm and Beamer have been together a long time and you've got to wonder how long he'll hang around Blacksburg.

Back