And the Super Bowl Winner Is...

wiseplayer

Pretty much a regular
Come on guys. Ain't no way San Francisco doesn't beat KC. No matter how you want to slice this matchup, SF is better. Mahomes's name is the only reason why the wrong team is favored. GL

giphy.gif

Good luck bro.
Hunt, there are some holes in KC that does not bode well with what the Niners like to do. Niners running game and pass rush are 2 areas of major strength. KC's refusal to run the ball with anyone but Mahomes will not work.
Its basically a PK'em game according to Vegas but to see KC laying any kind of chalk has to be more about where they think public perception is than the actual talent on the field.

I lean Niners but think it pretty crazy to assume Kc doesn’t have a great chance. They do have the best qb in the game, a very good pass protecting Oline, and probably the most talented group of pass catchers in the league.

Spags a really good DC, he did figure out how to shut down the most high powered of all the pats offenses during the dynasty!!! Niners offense is incredibly versatile but they not those pats.

Hunt, there are some holes in KC that does not bode well with what the Niners like to do. Niners running game and pass rush are 2 areas of major strength. KC's refusal to run the ball with anyone but Mahomes will not work.
Its basically a PK'em game according to Vegas but to see KC laying any kind of chalk has to be more about where they think public perception is than the actual talent on the field.

Should be a great game man...true PK em to start.

Let's not forget that 49ers D struggled with mobile QBs (primarily Russ, Kyler, Lamar) this season..... Mahomes definitely has the mobility to be put in that category, obviously in addition to his greatness in the pocket.

I lean Niners but think it pretty crazy to assume Kc doesn’t have a great chance. They do have the best qb in the game, a very good pass protecting Oline, and probably the most talented group of pass catchers in the league.

Spags a really good DC, he did figure out how to shut down the most high powered of all the pats offenses during the dynasty!!! Niners offense is incredibly versatile but they not those pats.
I think the good years of Spags is behind him, overall resume I would say good not great, but recency bias will tell me look at the giants and even at times this KC team under his watch.

I think the good years of Spags is behind him, overall resume I would say good not great, but recency bias will tell me look at the giants and even at times this KC team under his watch.
Spags will be outcoached in this game. He's just not that good.

Somebody said it in the ingame yesterday... Chiefs are not a disciplined bunch. 3 offsides on one drive, the rb running out of bounds at the end of the game when they are trying to burn clock. Andy Reid is good at getting crummy teams to be good but doesnt sweat the little stuff like this so his teams are never great. That RB stayed in the game after that. If that was Belicick his ass would have been out of the game getting an earful on the sidelines.

Agree with those who say this should be a good game but SF has the better line on both sides of the ball and a young coaching staff GM combo that is just riding the wave. Feels like their year to me.

Wouldnt mind seeing the Cheifs win and they can score in a hurry. Like Mahomes, and would be nice to see Fat Andy get a ring after all the shit he has been through. But for wagering purposes I will take the team with the better lines and much better defense, and in my eyes better coaching staff. GL.

Somebody said it in the ingame yesterday... Chiefs are not a disciplined bunch. 3 offsides on one drive, the rb running out of bounds at the end of the game when they are trying to burn clock. Andy Reid is good at getting crummy teams to be good but doesnt sweat the little stuff like this so his teams are never great. That RB stayed in the game after that. If that was Belicick his ass would have been out of the game getting an earful on the sidelines.

Agree with those who say this should be a good game but SF has the better line on both sides of the ball and a young coaching staff GM combo that is just riding the wave. Feels like their year to me.

Wouldnt mind seeing the Cheifs win and they can score in a hurry. Like Mahomes, and would be nice to see Fat Andy get a ring after all the shit he has been through. But for wagering purposes I will take the team with the better lines and much better defense, and in my eyes better coaching staff. GL.
Let's not forget SF's coach has a father who has been instrumental putting this impressive running game together.

Yeah, I mentioned. One team is more buttoned up than the other. Hell, ask KC and Dee Ford about that from last year. The one penalty you can never commit is lining up in the neutral zone. It's the easiest thing in the world to avoid. But it costs KC a trip to the Super Bowl in '19.

Anyway, just seem like 2 different teams in this regard and not something that just changes overnight. Can make a big difference.

Yeah, I mentioned. One team is more buttoned up than the other. Hell, ask KC and Dee Ford about that from last year. The one penalty you can never commit is lining up in the neutral zone. It's the easiest thing in the world to avoid. But it costs KC a trip to the Super Bowl in '19.

Anyway, just seem like 2 different teams in this regard and not something that just changes overnight. Can make a big difference.
Dee Ford being offsides caused last years Super Bowl to go from a possible epic shootout vs my Rams to a God awful SB performance by Jared Goof

I dunno bout that. Seems to me he has done a really good job with this defense. This his 1st year as the kc DC correct? (If Im wrong about that totally disregard, lol).

You would expect it to take some time to get his system up and clicking on all cylinders, second half the year they been really good. As easy it seems to say take Henry away the pats and ravens were incapable of doing it yet spags squad pretty much eliminated his effectiveness, gotta give them credit for that don’t we?

I don’t even know wtf or where he been coaching since his stint as rams HC, lol. Just saying the guy has proven capable of coming up with good plans to stop some elite offenses and he has this kc defense playing on a much higher level than they ever did before this season! Just how bad they were to start season and how good they been in the second half is quite the accomplishment imo.

I’m certainly not suggesting they gonna shut niners down, I don’t even think that possible with how diverse that offense is and how good Shanny is attacking weaknesses in any d. Just think kc defense deserves some credit.

IMO, The 2 biggest differences in this game will be the 9ers D line and the pressure they will put on Mahomes. The other being the SF zone blocking on what I think is an average KC D.
The Niners look like they're playing down hill. They look faster and more physical than everyone they've played. In the meantime I watched KC make silly mistakes. They struggled coming out of the gate in both playoff games. They'll need to clean up these mistakes.

Niners have seen 8+ men in the box 35% of the time on running plays including playoffs. Highest in the NFL. KC has allowed 4.9 yards a carry with 8+ men in the box. That is the most allowed in the entire NFL. KC, this is a problem.

Back