All Star Game Discussion

gsro

Give me the NHL, or give me death
Anyone going to dabble in some beer money here?

Was considering the no score first inning prop (weather + pitchers).. and maybe the first 5 under

AL PitchersNL Pitchers
Yu Darvish, RHP, Texas RangersJohnny Cueto, RHP, Cincinnati Reds
Max Scherzer, RHP, Detroit TigersClayton Kershaw, LHP, Los Angeles Dodgers
Felix Hernandez, RHP, Seattle MarinersZack Greinke, RHP, Los Angeles Dodgers
Masahiro Tanaka, RHP, New York YankeesMadison Bumgarner, LHP, San Francisco Giants
Jon Lester, LHP, Boston Red SoxAdam Wainwright, RHP, St. Louis Cardinals
Fernando Rodney, RHP, Seattle MarinersTyson Ross, RHP, San Diego Padres
Scott Kazmir, LHP, Oakland AthleticsHenderson Alvarez, RHP, Miami Marlins
Mark Buehrle, LHP, Toronto Blue JaysJulio Teheran, RHP, Atlanta Braves
Sean Doolittle, LHP, Oakland AthleticsCraig Kimbrel, RHP Atlanta Braves
Greg Holland, RHP, Kansas City RoyalsAroldis Chapman, LHP, Cincinnati Reds
Glen Perkins, LHP, Minnesota TwinsFrancisco Rodriguez, RHP, Milwaukee Brewers
Dellin Betances, RHP, New York YankeesTony Watson, LHP, Pittsburgh Pirates
Pat Neshek, RHP, St. Louis Cardinals

<tbody>
</tbody>

Fernando Rodney, RHP, Seattle Mariners
this chump will screw over my under/over bet

Very few relievers should be named All-Stars. One-trick, two-pitch ponies standing on the shoulders of giants. Plus, half these clowns wilt in non-save situations. As if pitching isn't just pitching.

Game looks ripe for an Under play. At least, first 5 under. Folks are saying Wainwright and Kershaw will pitch the first 4 innings. Then you have Felix going 2 innings.

Game looks ripe for an Under play. At least, first 5 under. Folks are saying Wainwright and Kershaw will pitch the first 4 innings. Then you have Felix going 2 innings.

Wainwright and Hernandez are starting. I didn't look at games before 2013, but last season the only dude from both sides to pitch more than an inning was Sale who pitched innings 2-3 for the AL. I think pitchers go for about an inning apiece in these things. I think you got some bad info. Plus you have the public-backed under which is pretty fishy in the first place.

When the top 'must-read' story on blankets' front page is how the ASG has gone 8-0 to the under L8 I start to ask myself if I really want to back it.

There's a reason these things are so low scoring, it's the only game of the season that 12 deep staffs are almost all going to pitch. There's no continuity, hitters other than the first few guys the first time up don't have a clue who they're facing, then they'll be facing someone else the next time around. Hitters literally can't prepare for any at bat in the game other than maybe the first couple innings, and those are against true studs.

I am staying away from the under due to the public backing, along with Felix's history with Cederstrom. Taking that into consideration, aside from Scherzer, the AL looks hittable to me. And then like Tip said about the whole relievers in non-save situations. Kimbrel's 8th inning last year is a good example of that. And to a lesser extent, Kimbrel's history with the ump, and then what the hell is Darvish going to do. He's a three-time all-star but he hasn't seen any game action. What's his routine going to be like going into this game? We saw what he did on the 4th after being scratched the day before due to weather. I think Yu is a dude who needs a routine, and there is a reason he hasn't pitched in an ASG. Plus, what's his mindset with how bad the Rangers suck right now.

Mainly though, I just wouldn't back a public under - just because of the nature of this type of game - exhibition game and the public loves runs. Public under support in the ASG seems very unconventional to me. I took NL 103.

darvish demands a routine. if you look at his numbers, he normally gives up the dingers and crooked numbers in the first 3 innings. if his fastball isn't dialed-in, it can get rocky, quick. if he's only out there for an inning and his fastball doesn't have the command he needs, those guys are gonna go yardo all day.

Liking this play

[TABLE="class: lines, width: 716"]

<tbody>
[TR="class: linesRow"]
[TD]Tue 7/15[/TD]

[TD] [/TD]

[TD]6251 No home run hit in game[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]<input name="M1_44" id="editx" size="4"> +240 [/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

With the quality of pitchers and this not being the easiest park to hit a HR in, going to take a stab at it.

Game has gone under for years I believe....wind out to left according to our source. Part of me feels like an Over in some form hits. Maybe F5 or TT.

May wait for Waino, Kershaw, Felix and Scherzer to pitch then take over live. If those guys give up runs then i'll probably lay off

My book has Over 3 R/H/E in the 1st inning at +140...might take a stab. Have a feeling Felix gets hit in the first. I have memories of Verlander getting titties lit at the K 2 years ago.....

John Farrell aint going to the world series, Matheny might. I like NL pitchers much more than AL. The game has meaning, I like Matheny making decisions tonight.

Pirelli's Bets@Pirelli_VIPBets <small class="time" style="font-size: 13px; color: rgb(136, 153, 166);"> 47m </small> <button role="button" class="btn-link with-icn dropdown-toggle js-dropdown-toggle js-tooltip" data-delay="0" title="More" data-placement="top" aria-haspopup="true" style="color: rgb(136, 153, 166); font-family: inherit; font-size: 12px; font-style: inherit; font-variant: inherit; font-weight: inherit; line-height: inherit; margin: 0px; overflow: visible; cursor: pointer; border: 0px; padding: 0px; border-top-left-radius: 0px; border-top-right-radius: 0px; border-bottom-right-radius: 0px; border-bottom-left-radius: 0px; box-shadow: none; background-image: none; background-attachment: initial; background-size: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-position: initial; background-repeat: initial;"> More</button>

Special Free #VIP #MoneyTalks $1,000 National League -ML (+105) Get those winners daily: Pirelliwins@gmail.com48-18-2 +$19,329 MLB Rec

Pirelli's Bets@Pirelli_VIPBets <small class="time" style="font-size: 13px; color: rgb(136, 153, 166);"> 47m </small> <button role="button" class="btn-link with-icn dropdown-toggle js-dropdown-toggle js-tooltip" data-delay="0" title="More" data-placement="top" aria-haspopup="true" style="color: rgb(136, 153, 166); font-family: inherit; font-size: 12px; font-style: inherit; font-variant: inherit; font-weight: inherit; line-height: inherit; margin: 0px; overflow: visible; cursor: pointer; border: 0px; padding: 0px; border-top-left-radius: 0px; border-top-right-radius: 0px; border-bottom-right-radius: 0px; border-bottom-left-radius: 0px; box-shadow: none; background-image: none; background-attachment: initial; background-size: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-position: initial; background-repeat: initial;"> More</button>

Special Free #VIP #MoneyTalks $1,000 National League -ML (+105) Get those winners daily: Pirelliwins@gmail.com48-18-2 +$19,329 MLB Rec

I've never watched a baseball game....I just check the scores and..fuckin winner!

I agree with him on the NL though. Even if he doesn't watch baseball. I also think Cutch gets more H,R,RBI than Jeter. Who is Cokin? He from blankets?

Baseball Tonight@BBTN <small class="time" style="font-size: 13px; color: rgb(136, 153, 166);"> 4m </small> <button role="button" class="btn-link with-icn dropdown-toggle js-dropdown-toggle js-tooltip" data-delay="0" title="More" data-placement="top" style="color: rgb(136, 153, 166); font-family: inherit; font-size: 12px; font-style: inherit; font-variant: inherit; font-weight: inherit; line-height: inherit; margin: 0px; overflow: visible; cursor: pointer; border: 0px; padding: 0px; border-top-left-radius: 0px; border-top-right-radius: 0px; border-bottom-right-radius: 0px; border-bottom-left-radius: 0px; box-shadow: none; background-image: none; background-attachment: initial; background-size: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-position: initial; background-repeat: initial;"> More</button>

Today's #ASG is for homefield advantage in the World Series. And yes, it matters: The team with homefield has won 23 of the past 28 titles.

Pirelli's Bets@Pirelli_VIPBets <small class="time" style="font-size: 13px; color: rgb(136, 153, 166);"> 23m </small> <button role="button" class="btn-link with-icn dropdown-toggle js-dropdown-toggle js-tooltip" data-delay="0" title="More" data-placement="top" style="color: rgb(136, 153, 166); font-family: inherit; font-size: 12px; font-style: inherit; font-variant: inherit; font-weight: inherit; line-height: inherit; margin: 0px; overflow: visible; cursor: pointer; border: 0px; padding: 0px; border-top-left-radius: 0px; border-top-right-radius: 0px; border-bottom-right-radius: 0px; border-bottom-left-radius: 0px; box-shadow: none; background-image: none; background-attachment: initial; background-size: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-position: initial; background-repeat: initial;"> More</button>

@sheepsarmy Show was renewed for 2nd season! Still laughing. Keep watching

Back