All Star Game 2020 Format

Will there even be a total offered? Will be interesting to see if there is, and where it is set based on history. It’s still going to be a normal AS game scoring wise you’d have to think for the first 3 quarters, but there will be a limited number of points that can be scored in the 4th. And that limited number is likely to be less than 60...even if one team is down 10 after 3, 58-60 would be the max (depending on hitting a 3 to get over the required score).

Here’s the summary. Just seems like a few guys sat in a room and started overthinking the shit out of this.

Attachments

• 42177180-6CDD-430C-89B3-E6E630446CF6.jpeg
    42177180-6CDD-430C-89B3-E6E630446CF6.jpeg
    135.5 KB · Views: 4
Here’s the summary. Just seems like a few guys sat in a room and started overthinking the shit out of this.

It's not really that crazy. The Basketball Tournament (the one for 2 million I think it is) already uses this format, it's called the Elam Ending...they just put a twist on it using 24 as the number for the 4th quarter, as opposed to 7 points in the last 4 minutes. Outside of that, they're simply paying a charity for each quarter based on who won the quarter. So while there are a lot of words on that summary, it's not really much to break down.

The all-star game has been one of the easiest (not sure that's necessarily a good thing) watches in all of sports. Now some will have to think. The announcers will have their hands full explaining what is going on for the casual fan who just wants to see Lebron throwing down alleys.

Those charitable donation #s are $100,000 per TEAM, no player? $300k and another $200k for the winner? 500 in total?

Seems low. Charities make more money off a slap fine in the regular season.

Don’t mind the changes, making each quarter a mini game. Why not just make the last quarter a game of 24(2’s ans 1’s) instead of this target stuff

The all-star game has been one of the easiest (not sure that's necessarily a good thing) watches in all of sports. Now some will have to think. The announcers will have their hands full explaining what is going on for the casual fan who just wants to see Lebron throwing down alleys.

Until the 4th quarter nothing is different though really is it? And in the 4th quarter they will have a graphic with the target score to win the game so anyone should easily understand. It wasn’t tough to follow along at all during TBT.

Don’t mind the changes, making each quarter a mini game. Why not just make the last quarter a game of 24(2’s ans 1’s) instead of this target stuff

I would guess because then you’re making a 3 pointer with double what a 2 pointer is. And the target score thing isn’t bad at all. It’s kinda cool even, because it simply becomes a race to a score so strategy changes a bit with fouling, etc.

Until the 4th quarter nothing is different though really is it? And in the 4th quarter they will have a graphic with the target score to win the game so anyone should easily understand. It wasn’t tough to follow along at all during TBT.

I think the idea of 3 separate quarters for 3 separate “wins” and then going back and adding the cumulative values of those quarters which were reset to 0 could be a little confusing. I think everyone here understands it. And I think everyone who sees it play out, like TBT, would understand moving forward.

Back