All right, NHL pick's thread

Boston ML

Pittsburgh ML

Last night as I was drifting off to sleep I realized that if I had anything close to an unlimited roll, I'd chase Boston wins for a pretty penny. I have a great deal of trouble seeing them lose this series 4-1. Like, a TON of trouble seeing that.

I feel this way about a few other series as well, like Pittsburgh, I don't see them getting swept, ditto the Lakers, and the Cavs wouldn't lose four straight to Atlanta if the entire Cavs team caught the Swine Flu.

But I don't have an unlimited roll, I'm weak, sans beard.

Hopefully I can be forgiven.

Damn dude good idea about Boston, I wasn't gonna play em but I could do a $100 dollar chase in Games 3, 4, 5

Thanks for the idea

Lets just hope Jesus Ward left his horseshoe in the Boston away locker room the other night...

Apparently Santa's broad shoulders were only broad enough for 56 minutes.

Better than most, but he now can't go to British Columbia for a week and a half.

Sad, really, it was a pretty impressive effort.

Anyhoo . . .

Bruins ML

I got a bad price on this, but I paid it. Sort of a chase, sort of me thinking they don't go down 3-1. I feel more goals tonight, too, but won't touch the total.

Pens -1.5 (small)

So, in another way I've already bet this game because I have them for the series and if they lose tonight that almost certainly ends that bet. But the only smart play on the ML is the value on Washington.

However, Washington feels ready to throw up a clunker. They've been playing at a pretty high level for seven games or so, they know they have a quick turn around for tomorrow and get to sleep in their own beds tonight, and Friday night is the big night for hockey in Pittsburgh. The stars might kind of line up for this one.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not really playing the due factor so much, I'm just taking a small shot that the Pens offense shows up tonight (fingers-crossed).

That all said, what I'm really hoping for (other than a Pittsburgh win) is an under here.

Because these two teams have to turn around and play tomorrow day, tomorrow almost certainly will be an over play for me, the amount however will be dictated by tonight's game. What I am really hoping for is a hard-hitting, low scoring 2-0, 3-0, 3-1 Pens win. Something where both teams really fight for all 60. Then we can jump on them opening it up tomorrow.

Good luck tonight everybody.

With ya on the B's, always Game 5 if this one loses...GL bud see ya in the in-game tonight for in-depth 2nd & 3rd Period analysis heh

good luck tonight joe. my gut feeling is not telling me anything on the b's tonight. i just gotta hope they actually come to play tonight, and that chara doesnt have any more fuck ups.

would like to see the pens make this a series, but not convinced they get it done tonight. will be a dandy reguardless. :cheers:

Well, that under didn't get there so it saps the value from the over tonight. But I think losing Gonchar may open things up and because the game was contested late, I still think it's got a shot.

Pens/Caps over 5.5

Also, this is just me being stupid, but because of the setup (b2b, an angry team that thinks they're being jobbed by the league, undermanned) I'm going to take a shot on the value.

For the record, if this were any other series with exactly the same setup, I'd also play the dog in this spot because I think this game is pretty much a coin flip. Which I point out in case this comes off like just a homer play.

Pens ML +140

What I also may do is something in the late game. I might try the over, maybe. I haven't decided yet.

Oh, and I'm tailing Santa's salami.

Yeah, I just said that.

Good luck tonight everybody.

I like both the same plays, I think this is going to be a wide open game with too semi-tired teams, which will lead to some lapses in the defensive end. The pens play is perfect for value, 2 straight wins and no days off, tons of value that they carry the momentum.

GL Joe. I have no opinion on the game really, but going with the dog seems like the logical thing to do, Varlamov looked human last game out, it all depends on how he reacts.

Back