All right, NHL pick's thread

Joe Public

Gabibbo's Finest
I suppose if I'm really going to play every night I should start officially posting these f**kers.

First off, for the first time since I've started playing it, the Road Chase system failed in the first round. Lost money. Like quite a bit of it. It sucked Mouse balls.

So let's try to make some of this back.

Calgary ML
They should be tied in this series. Period. Tonight they make their stand. The C of Red helps. A lot.

Montreal ML
If they're going to compete at all, they get this game. I think this series is closer than the score and, again, home ice means a lot in some places.

NY/Wash over 5.5
I don't see these teams not getting to an over in their series, I don't see the Caps not getting more than two goals for three straight games.

Good luck tonight, all.

First off, for the first time since I've started playing it, the Road Chase system failed in the first round. Lost money. Like quite a bit of it. It sucked Mouse balls.

Fuck the road chase system. Damn the caps and the sharks both.

Lets get it back today, joe. Today is a new day Yesterday was a tough one for the both of us... i dont know if its a good thing, but im on the flames with ya.

GL sir:cheers:

Yeah, Cap, it's a new day. Enough of this nonsense.

I like Calgary tonight. This series should be 1-1, it could be 2-0 Calgary and they know it. I don't like Keenan, but if there's one thing that guy can do it's make you hate life and hate your opponent, and that's oddly probably just what the Flames need right now.

GL Joe, lets get them...

Agree with CGY, the Red Mile should be rocking tonight to get the team back in it after a couple leads lost (which does worry me)

Even as a Canucks fan I have to admit to C of red is fucking outstanding

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/7i1rq9xf6xk&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7i1rq9xf6xk&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I like all the picks, thinks the Canadiens come out big at home and should have the talent to pot a couple early goals. Flames have led in both games and I think they win both of these games at home, and Washington should break out tonight. GL

I don't see these teams not getting to an over in their series

My opinion about there being an Over in 1 of these games in NYK hasn't changed, Joe, but these teams did deliver an Over in game 1 (4-3 scoreline). BOL tonight:cheers:

Well, the Rangers mailed it in on the scoreboard. It seems Varlamov has changed things back behind the Caps. Now, maybe that's just because the Rangers have no book on this guy yet, I don't know, but the Caps did exactly what they should last night, the Rangers just didn't help.

And Montreal's done. Which sucks. But there we have it.

Thank God for Calgary.

Tonight, this is a little bit of me betting with my heart, but I do think they win this series so let's see if they can get us some plus-money while they're at it.

Pittsburgh ML

And I'm going to start the Vancouver chase now.

Vancouver ML

the Canucks ML keeps dropping and dropping... (guy biting fingernails emoticon)

Nice going, Joe. Eases some of the pain I'm sure of NYR putting up a fat goose-egg their 1st home playoff game of the post season.

It does indeed. Thanks, BC. Now I need to decide if I chase it tomorrow. Normally I would, but this goalie change makes me hesitant.

I'll sleep on it.

For the record, I took the Flames really, really small.

Mostly I just want them to win and think this series has been so even that 2-2 after four games would be right.

Yeah, I should have played the Flames for more than like $1.50 yesterday, but it happens and I'm just glad they won. That series is fantastic.

Pens ML/PL split
They're at home, the Flyers have every single reason to fold it up.

Detroit ML
This is a high price, but the chase has started.

Carolina/Jersey under 5
Santa being on this pushed me over the edge. I don't like playing unders, but I think this is the right call.

Pens PL/Wings PL parlay
Small shot on big odds.

Good luck tonight everyone.

Saturday gets scary.

Road teams & plus money.

Want 'em both.

Pittsburgh ML

Calgary ML

Truthfully, both the Flames +PL and the under there are really tempting.

2nd Round Series plays

Vancouver -140
Pittsburgh +115

The Pens are getting screwed a bit with the NHL holding Game One until Saturday instead of playing it tomorrow when they should. Now Washington gets a free three days of rest to recover from their Game Seven. But the Pens should still be fresher.

The X-factor in the series is Washington's goalie, who I like, but the Rangers' biggest problem going into the series was going to be goal-scoring--and they won three games.

Should the Pens lose Game One, I'll probably buy more of this one.

And, Vancouver, more and more I think this team wins the West as a whole, and in this series I just think they're the better team from front to back.

2nd Round Series plays

Vancouver -140
Pittsburgh +115

The Pens are getting screwed a bit with the NHL holding Game One until Saturday instead of playing it tomorrow when they should. Now Washington gets a free three days of rest to recover from their Game Seven. But the Pens should still be fresher.

The X-factor in the series is Washington's goalie, who I like, but the Rangers' biggest problem going into the series was going to be goal-scoring--and they won three games.

Should the Pens lose Game One, I'll probably buy more of this one.

And, Vancouver, more and more I think this team wins the West as a whole, and in this series I just think they're the better team from front to back.

riding with you on the canucks. i looked at pitt/wash, but that series is pretty even. fwiw, wash was 3-0-1 vs them this year.:shake:

Thanks, T. Yeah, some of this is me being clouded by being a Pens fan, but I was surprised how many really good scoring chances the Rangers had in that series. A better scoring team buries more of those and Washington is on the golf course right now.

Maggie the Mouse on TSN just picked the Canucks, although she went 2-8 last round

She's got one foot out the door and is thinking about a beach with umbrella drinks. But she's right on this one.

Maggie the Mouse on TSN just picked the Canucks, although she went 2-8 last round

She's got one foot out the door and is thinking about a beach with umbrella drinks. But she's right on this one.

Ya she had the Canucks at least in the 1st round. I think she just focused on her winner and didnt care about the rest.

Was her other pick the Pens? Actually, it probably wasn't, but if she can get on board with them now I'll probably forgive her.

=)

Her only other pick in round 1 that was correct was Boston.

But she turned her back on the Bruins this round, she thinks the Canes have what it takes. She also is not a big fan of Crosby and she went with the Capitals.

In the west she stuck with her obvious stanley cup pick the Canucks, and she is willing to lay the chalk with the Red Wings.

She also is not a big fan of Crosby and she went with the Capitals.

Uh huh, I see how it's gonna be. Now I've got to fight a Mouse, too. Well, let's do this thing.

she is willing to lay the chalk with the Red Wings.

Typical macaw. They love chalk. Love it.

I'm going to ruin that thing's week.

fwiw, wash was 3-0-1 vs them this year.:shake:
worth nothing honestly. the 3-0 was before the coaching change and without kunitz + return of gonchar

penguins should have too much firepower in the end. fleury will make the difference but he will probably have 1 awful game

pens in 6 or 7

Pittsburgh ML (Game One)

Pittsburgh/Washington over 5.5

Vancouver/Chicago under 5

I'm going to chase Pittsburgh victories in this series as I think it goes at least six. I'll also probably do the same with overs as if they play six games never hitting six or seven total goals I will be utterly shocked.

In Vancouver I could be waaaaaaayyyyy off, but I think that Game One was a bit of false hope on the total. Chicago was getting nothing going until Vancouver got up 3-0 and decided the game was over. If Vancouver just keeps the clamps on I think they can keep it under five--which, by the way, is a total that they really should have moved to 5.5 after 8 goals in Game One. But that they didn't suggests some things to me as well.

Of course, if Vancouver can't keep the defensive intensity up this game will fly over and I'll look like a jackass.

OK, 'more' of a jackass.

Good luck everybody.

I hate that the Canes won today. I just don't love that every other road team has won their second round game.

But I can't let that take me off the play.

Pens ML
Pens/Caps over 5.5

And Tuesday may see me back on the Nucks.

Good luck tomorrow, all.

Looking at adding more to the Pitt series at +150 or so... 1 game in, did they see something Im not?

I did just that.

We're watching the same series. At best I'd say it's evenly matched. Otherwise I'd give the advantage to the Pens. But because the Caps can light it up at any time they have more than a fair chance to do what they did in Game One.

That said, I think everybody tends to overreact a little after Game One. I'll admit I did it with the Bruins. So maybe the Caps pick up the defense a bit, it just looks like they have a lot of trouble with the Pens' speed. I'm not sure what you do about that except play the body which likely means more penalties.

yup, I agree, going to do some shopping and play it too.

I mean, I didnt see much that said Washington dominted, put Varlmalov in the igloo and I think he lets some of those in. Pens need to win one game on the road... then hold their home ice.

On the over too

also, last time I checked the Ducks took away home ice and could make an arguement they could have taken Game 1 too with a few different outcomes... and +200?

Hrumph. Pens down 0-2. Don't like that one bit.

Gonna chase a Wings' road win.

Detroit -130

Detroit/Anaheim under 5.5

Vancouver ML

Also going to come back with Vancouver here. I'm really surprised by the Blackhawks in this series so far. They seem head and shoulders above the team that played Calgary. Still, I just don't think you jump up that much in such a short period of time without at least some of it being fluky. I'm going to take a chance they come a bit back to the mean tonight.

Good luck, folks.

Playing both favs in reg...Chicago was the best 5on5 goal differential in the west for the season Joe, nothing fluky about that :shake:

Ah, Cat, once again it's Spring, and once again we're against each other.

You know, you'd think after losing a number of these I'd eventually get the point.

Good luck tonight, at the very least let's hit on the Wings and toast to that. We can fight over the Nuckles and Indians later.

=)

Playing both favs in reg...Chicago was the best 5on5 goal differential in the west for the season Joe, nothing fluky about that :shake:

The Hawks were 3rd in the west 5th in the league
The Canucks were 1st in the west and 3rd in the league

The Hawks were 3rd in the west 5th in the league
The Canucks were 1st in the west and 3rd in the league

I dont know where you get that. I keep my own stats, I do them game by game and Ill admit there may be the odd mistake here and there but Columbus, Detroit and Chicago have all a better 5on5 goal differential than Vancouver :shake:

I should say this is within regulation, I dont count OT. So you may be right.

I dont know where you get that. I keep my own stats, I do them game by game and Ill admit there may be the odd mistake here and there but Columbus, Detroit and Chicago have all a better 5on5 goal differential than Vancouver :shake:

I should say this is within regulation, I dont count OT. So you may be right.

Ya in just looking at the NHL stats page it has the 5 on 5 goals for/against stats.

The Canucks were at 1.21 and the Hawks were at 1.18.

Detroit was 1.20 and Colombus 1.16

not big differences at all.

Back