All I ask the NCAA is not to fuck up the title game.

Wiretowire

Pretty much a regular
If there are two undefeated teams then have them play for the title. Even if there's 3 undefeated teams, pick two, any two, and away you go. But I can see the writing on the wall by making Auburn #4 and if by some miracle Auburn beats Alabama this week I can see these assholes jumping Auburn over either Fla St or Ohio St (or both) and having Auburn play for the title even though they have one loss and an undefeated team sits out the title game.

I know you will all say there is no danger of Auburn beating Alabama but if they do you watch these fuckers say Auburn should play for the title because they beat #1. That would be so wrong.

And while I'm at it please don't tell me for the millionth time how tough the ACC and SEC are. Bama and Fla St should both be dropped in the polls for playing two creampuffs each this year. Fla St with two wins against Idaho and Bethune Cookman while Bama played Georgia State and Chattanooga? Meanwhile, Ohio State played that perennial powerhouse Florida A&M with a dash of San Diego State and Buffalo. Give me a break. Games like that even though they were scheduled 5 years ago shouldn't count at all in the polls. GL

The only undefeateds who should ever be skipped over are the Utah's, the Fresno's, the NIU's, etc. If Ohio St wins out and Bama or FSU lose, it would be a travesty to leave them out.

Edited: Forgot TCU is in the Big 12 now.

If there are two undefeated teams then have them play for the title. Even if there's 3 undefeated teams, pick two, any two, and away you go. But I can see the writing on the wall by making Auburn #4 and if by some miracle Auburn beats Alabama this week I can see these assholes jumping Auburn over either Fla St or Ohio St (or both) and having Auburn play for the title even though they have one loss and an undefeated team sits out the title game.

I know you will all say there is no danger of Auburn beating Alabama but if they do you watch these fuckers say Auburn should play for the title because they beat #1. That would be so wrong.

And while I'm at it please don't tell me for the millionth time how tough the ACC and SEC are. Bama and Fla St should both be dropped in the polls for playing two creampuffs each this year. Fla St with two wins against Idaho and Bethune Cookman while Bama played Georgia State and Chattanooga? Meanwhile, Ohio State played that perennial powerhouse Florida A&M with a dash of San Diego State and Buffalo. Give me a break. Games like that even though they were scheduled 5 years ago shouldn't count at all in the polls. GL
Are you kidding saying that all the big schools play too many softies? Or are you saying Ohio St has played a few tough ones on top of their B10 schedule?

I seriously cannot tell.

Honestly that's what the NCAA gets for forcing everyone to go 12 games and a championship game. The coaches don't necessarily want their players to potentially play 2 more games in a year and so it is remedied by adding a creampuff at the beginning of the year and before the rivalry game. The real losers are the season ticket holders who have to pay face value for the two games

Honestly that's what the NCAA gets for forcing everyone to go 12 games and a championship game. The coaches don't necessarily want their players to potentially play 2 more games in a year and so it is remedied by adding a creampuff at the beginning of the year and before the rivalry game. The real losers are the season ticket holders who have to pay face value for the two games

See USC who never plays FCS teams, ever

they could give a shit about the politics, they just will always be better than you because of this, only program in the country that schedules this way

Alabama had a moderate schedule up to this point but will have certainly earned a title berth if they get through @Auburn and the SEC Championship game

Not to mention they are the back to back defending champs

tosu schedule tougher than fsu schedule. At a loss as to how fsu should be ranked higher ( other than the fact that I would make them a favorite over tosu if rapist is in ).

Auburn got the hail mary, the interception at the end from Washington state, the late score against the team from Mississippi, a fortunate win against tamu when manziel was hurt ... team is a luckbox.. is not one of the top ten teams in the nation let alone top five.

And another point that needs to be made .. and I haven't heard it mentioned ....

But I think Tosu might .. might have gone to the title game last year .. but if not .... if it was notre dame instead then tosu would have been snubbed. Either of those scenarios would have tosu higher ranked than fsu right now. But they were under penalty for something about tattoos and trinkets and covering it up ....... there has to be some irony to that scandal causing them to be lower in the polls than fsu while there appears to possibly be a rape allegation coverup going on with the Heisman hopeful QB for the Seminoles. Shrug.

tosu schedule tougher than fsu schedule. At a loss as to how fsu should be ranked higher ( other than the fact that I would make them a favorite over tosu if rapist is in ).

Auburn got the hail mary, the interception at the end from Washington state, the late score against the team from Mississippi, a fortunate win against tamu when manziel was hurt ... team is a luckbox.. is not one of the top ten teams in the nation let alone top five.

VK, you're seemingly the only one on this board that joins me in being perplexed as to why FSU jumped tOSU a few weeks back … equally, embarrassingly soft schedules, both conferences are weak. It takes a master hair splitter to declare which conference is superior. I think the last year of this BCS format's going to end up as the most unsatisfying yet.

Good responses all.

Twinkie I was drinking very heavily and I kind of fucked up my point. I was trying to say no 1 loss team should jump in front of any of the undefeated teams. Then I got off on a rant about schedules. The second point I was making was that those who schedule those softies should not get to count them in their poll standings. But it kind of got muddled. GL

I also do wonder why OSU is ranked behind FSU. But FSU played a high ranked opponent Clemson or Georgia (I forget who it was) and jumped in front to stay. I could see Auburn doing the same thing if they beat Alabama and that is why I started this whole thread. Made perfect sense to me last night but today reading it I'm not sure what I meant either. GL :)

VK, you're seemingly the only one on this board that joins me in being perplexed as to why FSU jumped tOSU a few weeks back … equally, embarrassingly soft schedules, both conferences are weak. It takes a master hair splitter to declare which conference is superior. I think the last year of this BCS format's going to end up as the most unsatisfying yet.
Ohio State has won 23 games in a row and been jumped by 12 DIFFERENT teams in the AP poll in that time.

Alabama had a moderate schedule up to this point but will have certainly earned a title berth if they get through @Auburn and the SEC Championship game

Not to mention they are the back to back defending champs

Your first point is valid. .. Bams beat Aubbie and Mizzou then they will have earned their right to play for a third title in a row.

Your ur second point doesn't have shit to do with this year.

Your first point is valid. .. Bams beat Aubbie and Mizzou then they will have earned their right to play for a third title in a row.

Your ur second point doesn't have shit to do with this year.

I disagree. I think the risk of an unbeaten team with a soft schedule is that you don't know how good they really are. Florida State? Northern Illinois? Ohio State?

Alabama has proven over the last several years that they are consistently putting out a top-tier team, regardless of who is on the schedule.

I know the Big 10 is kind of weak, but let's not lump it in with the MAC.

Sec guy, would have you believe tosu would be lucky to go .500 if they played in the sec..pac 12 seems like the best conference this year

Sure Ohio State hasn't played a really tough schedule... but there schedule is clearly tougher than Florida State's.. other than the win at Clemson who was FSU played that is even decent? Ohio State has beaten Wisconsin, Iowa, and will have to play Michigan State... while FSU is playing Duke.. I'm not saying Ohio State is better than FSU.. but their schedule is definitely tougher

does a one loss bama team rank ahead of an unbeaten tosu/fsu team this year?

I can guarantee the NCAA won't screw it up because they have nothing to do with the title game or the BCS. Nothing. They have zero say, are not a part of it in any way, and never have been.

This is a group of conferences that got together and created the BCS--has nothing to do with the NCAA--in order to skim money off the top of the bowl system and funnel it to themselves.

It worked as far as funneling the money, but the BCS is one of the most corrupt sports organizations ever to grace the landscape.

The NCAA makes plenty of blunders and deserves the criticism it gets, but it has nothing whatsoever to do with the BCS.

Sure Ohio State hasn't played a really tough schedule... but there schedule is clearly tougher than Florida State's.. other than the win at Clemson who was FSU played that is even decent? Ohio State has beaten Wisconsin, Iowa, and will have to play Michigan State... while FSU is playing Duke.. I'm not saying Ohio State is better than FSU.. but their schedule is definitely tougher

Florida doesn't even make the argument. I'm so sad.

if I had to pick a coach it's urban. If it's a team it's fsu. I'll be happy with either one

Are you serious? Wisconsin, yes. The rest of the schedule is glorified MAC. Iowa got beat at home by a MAC team. Ohio States second best win is probably Buffalo.

What's the case for having OSU higher than FSU in the polls? FSU is 9-2 ATS, and OSU is 6-4-1. Margin of victory is 44 points for FSU, OSU's is 30..

I'm saying that if Ohio State wins out and FSU wins out... Ohio State will have beaten more quality teams than FSU. Who is FSU's second best win against? Do we really think it was impressive to beat Miami at home (they were favored by more than three touchdowns)

Michigan State is far better than Duke.. and I think you could make a good argument that Wisconsin is a better team than Clemson.. I know I'd bet on Wisconsin on a neutral field against Clemson.

I realize Ohio State's schedule sucks.. but FSU's does too

Are you serious? Wisconsin, yes. The rest of the schedule is glorified MAC. Iowa got beat at home by a MAC team. Ohio States second best win is probably Buffalo.

This is a dick-measuring contest using really, really tiny dicks, but I agree with reds. If OSU wins out, I find the wins over Wisky, PSU, Northwestern, the wins-to-be over Michigan, MSU, more impressive than FSU's body of work. Good question, what's FSU's 2nd-best win this season? Miami's awful. Duke's Duke. It's insane to quibble over avg. margin-of-victory when the two figures are 44 and 30. At that point, what does it matter? Whole thing's fucked.

This is a dick-measuring contest using really, really tiny dicks, but I agree with reds. If OSU wins out, I find the wins over Wisky, PSU, Northwestern, the wins-to-be over Michigan, MSU, more impressive than FSU's body of work. Good question, what's FSU's 2nd-best win this season? Miami's awful. Duke's Duke. It's insane to quibble over avg. margin-of-victory when the two figures are 44 and 30. At that point, what does it matter? Whole thing's fucked.

Did you just list a NW team who is 0 for the conference as a better win than Miami or Duke?

It was good at the time. Half the board thought they'd lose it outright. But you got me.

Not to pile on myself, but it's also sad that the Buffalo win Alan referenced has turned out to be one of the nicer feathers in tOSU's cap.

It was good at the time. Half the board thought they'd lose it outright. But you got me.

I'll give you the fact that it was good at the time. That's the interesting thing about this whole deal is that you're so reliable on other teams. FSU fans have to be HUGE Clemson fans this weekend b/c if Clemson loses and MSU wins then the argument of best win comes into question if tOSU beats MSU. No doubt this thing shakes itself out IMO but I can see where others disagree. I do not believe there will be 3 legitimate undefeated teams 2 weeks from today

didnt florida state have to play idaho this past weekend because one of their games got postponed and they couldnt find another team to schedule?

didnt florida state have to play idaho this past weekend because one of their games got postponed and they couldnt find another team to schedule?

Not sure. But Ohio State had one of those also. Vanderbilt backed out on 'em. So instead of the mighty Commodores, the Bucks beat up on Florida A&M by 70.

Yeah, but we knew Miami sucked. They were three-touchdown underdogs.

Can't we all just agree that none of the top teams have really been tested by an extremely tough schedule like they are some years? None of these teams are as good as some of the teams from the past few years... and I'm definitely glad this is the last year of the BCS as we know it

Clemson beats south carolina
Michigan beats ohio st
Auburn beats Alabama
aTm beats Mizzouri

Florida St beats Ga Tech
South Carolina beats Auburn

florida State vs Clemson in the final BCS championship game

I'm saying that if Ohio State wins out and FSU wins out... Ohio State will have beaten more quality teams than FSU. Who is FSU's second best win against? Do we really think it was impressive to beat Miami at home (they were favored by more than three touchdowns)

Michigan State is far better than Duke.. and I think you could make a good argument that Wisconsin is a better team than Clemson.. I know I'd bet on Wisconsin on a neutral field against Clemson.

I realize Ohio State's schedule sucks.. but FSU's does too

http://www.teamrankings.com/college-football/ranking/strength-of-schedule-by-team

we know there's like, numbers and math and stuff that help decide strength of schedule, right?

fsu=41
osu=63

Who cares about more quality wins, when that can be subjective? There is a SOS, and that says that FSU has had the tougher schedule.

I disagree. I think the risk of an unbeaten team with a soft schedule is that you don't know how good they really are. Florida State? Northern Illinois? Ohio State?

Alabama has proven over the last several years that they are consistently putting out a top-tier team, regardless of who is on the schedule.

Engineer, were talking about 2013. Previous years have absolutely nothing to do with it and nor should it. The only thing I will concede is the previous year certainly helps where you are ranked for the following season ... Especially if you won it the year before. I honestly don't know who amongst Alabama, Ohio state and Alabama is the better team. And I'm not sure anyone else who is truly being objective knows either. This would have been a great year up to this point for a final four.

I was unaware Duke had already beaten UNC this coming Saturday? That's news to me. All you are trying to do is make your case better. My guess is FSU will be playing GT which would be an upgrade to the "what have you done for me lately" folks

Penn state and N'Western are a combined 3-11 in conference and 10-12 overall, dude. Please keep them out of a comparison to Miami and Dook, 9-5 in conference and 17-5 overall, when trying to make an argument for Ohio state against FSU. It doesn't help your case one bit.

To be fair, NW was a pretty good team before the injuries ... that is to say .. they were a pretty good team when they played ohio state ...

Back