AlexGurv Week 14 NCAAF Picks

~Utah

CTG Super Moderator
Staff member
College Football Overall 113-114 -10.50 units

So a bad week, but Southern Florida comes through Sunday Night and makes a really shitty week, into a shitty week.

No Play Tuesday
No Play Thursday

I think that Texas clearly needs to take a shit on Texas A and M and they clearly are the better team and they should win by 35. But needing to win big, and being the clearly better team in a rivalry game doesnt mean it will actually happen. Texas is clearly 35 points better but you just never know in these rivalry games.

Pitt +3 to win 2 units
Pitt ML +137 to bet 1 unit

This is a somewhat homer pick but then it isn't. Dave is a moron and cant do anything right but Bill Stewart might just be as bad. For starters, I was watching the WVU-Ville game last week, and this guy kept Slaton in at the end of the game, when it is clearly over, while Slaton is LIMPING. Not only does he not take the knee, which would end the game, he runs the ball with the limping Slaton. Then he could just let the clock go and the game is over, but he runs the ball with Devine, which results in a turnover, which results in the game being extending. This guy cant even end the game right. The defense demolished Slaton last year and this is the same D-line for the most part. Mckillop is still there and he dominated in the game last year, I see him doing something along those lines this year again too. Then the offense on this Pitt team is clearly better then it was last year. McCoy has only gotten better and in all honesty, if you watch him play, it is clear he is a man playing with boys. There is of course the revenge factor but I think that WVU just is much worse then they were last year and Pitt is much better then they were last year. My friends, this time 2 years from now, WVU will be the joke of the Big East possibly. With Slaton gone after next year I am personally excited to see this team fail.

Arkansas +4.5 to win 2 units

LSU just isnt a very good team. They dont have a QB. The QB they have is a freshman. He can only really run. Arkansas isnt really that good either but you have to take into account that this is at Arkansas. You have to take into account how LSU has been getting blown there last 3 of 4 first halves. LSU struggled to beat Troy at home. Someone tell me why LSU is favored, and why they are favored by 4.5

UCLA +10 win 1 unit

Both teams have been playing really poorly this year, and I dont really think that ASU is that much better. UCLA has covered in this game the last 6 years, and are 6-1-1 the last 8 years. I think they make this a game and we see something interesting late black friday.

Also Arizona State seems to struggle on senior night...

2007 vs Arizona 20-17 (W)
2006 vs UCLA 12-24 (L)
2005 vs Arizona 23-20 (W)

You get the point, they don't exactly blow the doors off any teams on senior night. Also ASU is riddled with injuries

Last edited:
Not Slaton...I meant White *** (obviously)

Last edited by a moderator:
Gl Pags :shake:
Gl J :shake:
Gl Cap :shake:

Miami -2 to win 2 units

Im gonna bite on this. Miami played terrible against G. Tech but I they just cant really defend that option. This is a better team then what they looked like. NC State has improved the last few games, but I just think they played a few overrated teams. UNC getting blown out by them says it all, Wake Forest isnt very good, they looked terrible against BC and they seemed to be lucky to be in that game at all with there only offensive TD coming from a blocked punt that went to the 2 yard line. They beat Duke, Duke has improved but they are not at the caliber where you can say a team in-conference shouldnt beat them. Also in this series, the away team has won every single game.

Kansas +16 to win 1 unit

Im gonna go by the rivalry game here and say this is more of a game. Kansas can put up numbers and match Mizzu. But I think the fact that its a huge rivalry always changes things.

Last edited:
Gl Terpman
Gl TK

Auburns +14.5/Florida St +16.5 both to win 2 units

Both of the rivals have had trouble against them in the past. Florida struggles on the road against FSU and Auburn has beat Alabama 7 times in a row now,

Last edited:
Like the Pitt game Gurv

Isn't Slaton already Gone? I think you mean Pat White

Thanks mogo :shake:

Tennessee ML -180 to win 3 units

Think Fulmer gets it done in his last game at Rocky Top. Kentucky has been stalling offensively. The defense is good so this should be a tough game and thats why im taking the ML, but I see the offense struggling heavily in this game.

Oregon ML +132 to bet 2 units

No Rogers, and hes what really makes the team. Also the best part of a rivalry is when the rival fucks up your chances of doing anything big or going places.

Clemson Pick to win 2 units

Pretty big rivalry but ill take the home team in this one and they have been playing much better since Bowden left.

Georgia -7 to win 1 unit (bought half a point)

Last edited:
Was hoping for a much better day but it didnt turn out that way, thought both Auburn and FSU were gonna stay in game

Adding...

Wake Forest ML -175 to win 2 units

Should do it for the day

Back