ALDS: White Sox vs. Astros Discussion Thread

So they're going with Cease tomorrow which basically means Cease as long as he can go and then Kopech.

All of this is fine, but it suggests the Sox are going to need to out-score Houston tomorrow. Cease is a fastball guy. And the times Houston has faced him earlier this year, they've hit him well. He's different at home, and maybe he has 10 Ks tomorrow, but what's more likely is that Houston is going to put 4+ on the board. Which is fine so long as the Sox put up 7.

Anyway, I'm going to wait to see if I play the Sox because I'm not entirely sure Cease should be favored here and I think Houston takes a bunch of money. But I'm in on the over 8/8.5 now because I think that line only rises.

Congrats to all the Sox backers and fans last night. I always love @KJ 's takes but in particular here I've enjoyed @Joe Public insights and also simply living/dying with every pitch. Pretty awesome people with a great attitude...god speed the rest of the way. I hope it's closed out today but have a feeling it might have to come down to a do or die Lance Lynn Game 5.

Congrats to all the Sox backers and fans last night. I always love @KJ 's takes but in particular here I've enjoyed @Joe Public insights and also simply living/dying with every pitch. Pretty awesome dude with a great attitude...god speed the rest of the way. I hope it's closed out today but have a feeling it might have to come down to a do or die Lance Lynn Game 5.
Poor decision for CWS to not start Lynn at home, I don't get it but Drunk Tony...I get him for some reason

If Lynn starts g5 (he shouldn't) it will be a short leash and Giolito will be on full rest, Love this time of year!

Poor decision for CWS to not start Lynn at home, I don't get it but Drunk Tony...I get him for some reason

If Lynn starts g5 (he shouldn't) it will be a short leash and Giolito will be on full rest, Love this time of year!
Yeah it's hard to make since out of TLR...always has. I just hate Lynn against this lineup (I guess in my case love) but I think you are probably right he'd have his best shot at surviving at home vs the juice box down in Houston.

I'm not sure you can wait to start Lynn at home. The only way that could have worked is if you started Gio in Game One and they won, then you could have pushed Lynn back for Game Three, but who would you move up, Rodon? Maybe. But that would have been way out of character for TLR. Funny thing is, had he done this, it would have worked out the same way I'd have liked because I think you throw Gio in Game Five.

All that said, there's a storm rolling into Chicago today and as of right now, it looks like playing this one today is up in the air.

I'm not sure you can wait to start Lynn at home. The only way that could have worked is if you started Gio in Game One and they won, then you could have pushed Lynn back for Game Three, but who would you move up, Rodon? Maybe. But that would have been way out of character for TLR. Funny thing is, had he done this, it would have worked out the same way I'd have liked because I think you throw Gio in Game Five.

All that said, there's a storm rolling into Chicago today and as of right now, it looks like playing this one today is up in the air.
Yep....postponed sad times. Was looking forward to 4 do or die games today. I guess 3 will still do.

No idea if the day off helps the Sox or not, but I know it will help the fans. I'm wrecked this morning and I wasn't even there and I didn't drink. I can only imagine how it was for those who were in the building.

I want to say this will help the Sox as it means the bullpen should be fully available outside of Kopech and maybe Tepera. I kind of hate tomorrow's start time. Oh shit, wait, tomorrow? I have a work thing tomorrow and may miss the first, oh, six innings? FML. Go Sox.

0-2 in the playoffs both times betting this series and i led 4-2 and 5-1 in the two losses. What the fuck have these bullpens been

Really surprised to see McCullers dogged to Rodon who will give 4 most likely? Lots of outs to cover and TLR hasn't exactly been trying to use Kimbrel/Hendriks like the idiot he is

Astros moved to even at my book. Playoffs have served me well and looking to continue that trend. Leaning towards a juiced over 8 and Astros close out in comfortable fashion. What say you?

Back