ALCS Discussion: Yanks vs Stros

Let's face it, no matter how you slice this, Verlander and Cole get a start each and the Yankees dont have an Ace to match either. When the Yankees are pitching their #2 who's really a 3 or 4 vs Verlander, we'll see a result like game 3. Then the Yankees throw their #3 who has hardly pitched, vs Cole. We'll see the same result as Game 3. Both will be available for game 7 which will never go that far anyway.
The mindless decision to have their worst hitter Gardner bat 3rd and their best hitter Torres bat 5th is almost unbelievable. Gardner has become a borderline big leagues player and Boone somehow has him batting 3rd.
Yanks only chance to win this series is to upset Verlander at home and beat everyone else except Cole.
This series when you look at the lack of starting pitching the Yankees have. The lack of clutch hitting they've shown in recent postseasons. The Mickey Mouse little league catcher they have behind the plate. How were they going to beat the Astros?
Nats vs Astros is the best WS we could ask for. Legit starting pitching on both sides. Clutch hitters on both sides. Both sides have equally average pens. Nats maybe have a little edge there.
I'm a Yankees fan and I cant even stand watching them play like this again in postseason.

Last edited:
This series when you look at the lack of starting pitching the Yankees have. The lack of clutch hitting they've shown in recent postseasons. The Mickey Mouse little league catcher they have behind the plate. How were they going to beat the Astros?
Nats vs Astros is the best WS would ask for. Legit starting pitching on both sides. Clutch hitters on both sides. Both sides have equally average pens. Nats maybe have a little edge there.
I'm a Yankees fan and I cant even stand watching them play like this again in postseason.

They got no pitching, and only guy on offense hitting is DJ. Can’t win that way. JV will put them out of their misery tomorrow. I hate the yanks but it was sad to see CC have to go out that way. Was hoping he could finish out the inning and get the send off he deserved.

Back