After the break..........

nakina584

Pretty much a regular
Looking at a couple of games on Tuesday night.

Columbus at home to the Red Wings.........
Both Datsyuk and Lidstrom will be sitting this one out due to suspension.....Columbus has only played 9 home games since December 1st but has gone 7-2 in that span......Hoping Mason and his 2.05 goals against average can shut the Wings down. Columbus should be a dog-at-home that's worth a look.......

Minnesota at home vs the Leafs......
Definitely fading the Leafs here who are 3-11 since falling behind to the Dallas Stars 7-0 halfway through a game in Dec.....(Eventually losing 8-2 on Dec 23rd and have looked lost ever since) Backstrom has allowed 16 goals in his last 8 games.......Toskela (and the porous Leafs D) has allowed 30 goals in his last 8 games.

Phoenix at home vs the Ducks
A 16-6-0-2 home record will probably see the 'Yotes as a slight fav here vs a team fighting some injuries.......Before the break the teams we're heading in different directions.....Ana was 2-6 in their last 8 while Phx was 5-2 in their last 7. Not sure how the all star break will affect these teams but I'd lean to the home team.......Not a strong pick but a lean nonetheless......

Still waiting for Pinny's lines to come out in these games but there are my leans......Good luck to everyone in the second half..........

The price on the Wild may be a bit high (-170 I'm guessing) It might be worth a look for regulation time to make it more reasonable...........

I know the majority of the LEafs just took off to not think about hockey over the break... Toskala was in Mexico I believe...

Yeah the break was probably good for them.......I was watching them against the Stars back on Dec 23rd when they fell behind 7-0 halfway through before losing 8-2......They were 5-1 in their last 6 going into that game and 3-11 since. (including the Stars beatdown)

It'll be hard to actually pick the Leafs to win unless they play a little better in their own end.......Otherwise Toskela might not want to leave Mexico..........(don't blame him, lol)

Yeah the break was probably good for them.......I was watching them against the Stars back on Dec 23rd when they fell behind 7-0 halfway through before losing 8-2......They were 5-1 in their last 6 going into that game and 3-11 since. (including the Stars beatdown)

It'll be hard to actually pick the Leafs to win unless they play a little better in their own end.......Otherwise Toskela might not want to leave Mexico..........(don't blame him, lol)

I was at that game :hang:

One thing is you'll always get the effort with them... they just dont have the talent to put it together. Things will look alot different at the break Im thinking... they have players but nobody to surround them with.

....after the break the Penguins go on an unbelievable run and get back to the Stanley Cup! :prayer

Damn that must have been a tough one to sit through.......Yeah like you say the effort is there....if they were a little better on defence a few of these L's will turn into W's.............

....after the break the Penguins go on an unbelievable run and get back to the Stanley Cup! :prayer

Just a nice little run to get things going and see where they stand around the trade deadline.......Obviously we won't see a Hossa-like deal but maybe they'll do something.....(get some character guys back) If they don't step it up Michel may be looking for work.........

I was at that game :hang:

and youre famous! we have a SC sighting here, just cant see your face : (

upset_fan.jpg

Funny when I saw the picture I immediately thought of the story about when Ballard fired Roger Neilson.........Apparently after he fired him he couldn't find a coach in time for the game so he asked Roger to come back but wear a paper bag over his head..........

Looking at a couple of games on Tuesday night.

Columbus at home to the Red Wings.........
Both Datsyuk and Lidstrom will be sitting this one out due to suspension.....Columbus has only played 9 home games since December 1st but has gone 7-2 in that span......Hoping Mason and his 2.05 goals against average can shut the Wings down. Columbus should be a dog-at-home that's worth a look.......

Minnesota at home vs the Leafs......
Definitely fading the Leafs here who are 3-11 since falling behind to the Dallas Stars 7-0 halfway through a game in Dec.....(Eventually losing 8-2 on Dec 23rd and have looked lost ever since) Backstrom has allowed 16 goals in his last 8 games.......Toskela (and the porous Leafs D) has allowed 30 goals in his last 8 games.

Phoenix at home vs the Ducks
A 16-6-0-2 home record will probably see the 'Yotes as a slight fav here vs a team fighting some injuries.......Before the break the teams we're heading in different directions.....Ana was 2-6 in their last 8 while Phx was 5-2 in their last 7. Not sure how the all star break will affect these teams but I'd lean to the home team.......Not a strong pick but a lean nonetheless......

Still waiting for Pinny's lines to come out in these games but there are my leans......Good luck to everyone in the second half..........

Pinny's opening lines are

Minn -191
Columbus +155
Phx -120

I'll wait for the regulation line for the Wild..........

btw, lmao... heading to NY for a Toronto sports weekend in February... might have to bring that bag for the game

btw, lmao... heading to NY for a Toronto sports weekend in February... might have to bring that bag for the game

at the very worst, itll be a hit at the tailgate:cheers:

i deleted the other comment because it was over the top lol
just joking around and im sure you know that, all of my teams suck and will never win a championship either. so i poke fun at the people that are in the same boat as me. at least we're committed though, and your boys had a dynasty at SOME point in time, 30+ years ago but still.

GO LEAFS GO'an_horse'

no worries man... I get it daily from my president who is a habs fan... all in good fun.

I just hope my kids get to see a parade... I've already resigned to the fact I wont

what are your guys thoughts on a bunch of overs hitting tomorrow because they will be well rested? and ill take the offense over the defense in that situation? Haven't bet hockey o/u until this year, doing damn well for not knowing much... My local gives me even money (just the normal 10% vig) on all o/u!!!

what are your guys thoughts on a bunch of overs hitting tomorrow because they will be well rested? and ill take the offense over the defense in that situation? Haven't bet hockey o/u until this year, doing damn well for not knowing much... My local gives me even money (just the normal 10% vig) on all o/u!!!

Last year after the break the over went 5-6 and the year before it went 4-7. I wouldnt bank on the over tomorrow.

I had 4 Leafs tickets for tonights game sitting on the dash of my car, somebody broke into my car and left 4 more WTF:hang:

Back