AFC North will be interesting in 2013..

• Thread starter Thread starter Gyno
  • Start date Start date
G

Gyno

Don't be shocked if the division ends up like this..

1. Cincy
2. Clev
3. Balt
4. Pitt

I definitely think Cincy> Balt and Pitt.. No question about it.

I don't expect much from the Steelers.

high-five-o.gif

was there a lot of Seattle love with Wilson starting last year? I honestly don't remember

all Im saying is there are a lot of pundits talking about them as being a sleeper team to make superbowl, etc. Who knows. Guess will see if Andy elevates his game

As much as I'd like to believe in the Steelers demise the fact is that as long as #7 is playing they'll have a clear QB edge in 12 of 16 and a defensive edge in at least that many. It's hard to be worse than .500 when you can say that.

Well finally get to see if Tomlin can coach....and I think Todd Haley is a huge liability..

Last edited:
Why is Cle getting love from people?

I think a lot of it has to do with the general consensus that Baltimore and Pitt take a step back. As for the Browns, Cleveland's W/L record against the North teams is abysmal, but the games are generally quite competitive with the Browns finding a way to lose. Browns are one of the league's youngest teams, so if you like their talent, you like their chances on improving. I think they have above average lines on both sides, dinged up at guard right now. I like Trent, healthier now than he ever was last year. Dude played half the year with cracked ribs, coming off knee surgery. Love the linebackers and depth of the front seven. The have an elite corner in Haden. Rest of the secondary, not so good, but may not be as exposed with the improved pass rush. Coaching staff turnover including coordinators looks to be a home run in comparison to recent staffs. Million dollar question is the guy playing the NFL's most important position. Weeden was set up to fail last year in Shurmur's lame system, whole offense was really. He's well suited for this offense, more shotguns, more quick reads, more downfield stuff. We shall see. Will say there could be a big hole where Phil Dawson used to be, but they never won much with him either.

Defense should be good. Running game should be good, or at least has the pedigree to be good. New coach provides some hope for improvement. If Weeden shows some year 2 development they should be competitive in a lot of games. Not sure if they know how to win them yet.

Plus there's the mentality of their stock appearing to be on the rise, while Baltimore and Pittsburgh appear to be on the decline. People like to tout things on the rise. See it all the time at the track. 'an_horse'

Yeah, good points. Im skeptical of Weeden and if him/his targets are going to be able to open things up for Trent.

Defense should be solid.

Ray Horton will win them a couple games they shouldn't...he's a huge difference maker..we're extremely competitive last year...they'll be in a bunch of close games just a matter of how they swing

Don't be shocked if the division ends up like this..

1. Cincy
2. Clev
3. Balt
4. Pitt

3 way tie for 2nd. Bengals on paper is clearly the top team in the division right now, but that could change with a few unfortunate injuries.

a lot of bengals love out there
They score quick, can hit deep bombs and their defensive unit is way better than Baltimore or Pittsburgh.
Will bet them at Chicago for sure.

The love is premature. Until they can win games on offense they won't do much. That defense carried them all season ly.

In Weedy's flimsy defense, line played like garbage, he was on his back half the day. Could have used his receivers help on all three picks. Two off target's hands, other one was kind of a deep ball that the receiver could have broken up. But none were good passes. Same old Browns.

Cindy played stupid ball...just gave the game away...the end of the first was despicable..

How he doesn't manage to run the clock out there is mind boggling. Then the personal foul on top ( even if the call was ridic ) and then a personal foul to end the game. So ya .. stupidity pretty much cost them the game ... again

It would help if Weeden didn't throw the football 100 MPH.

Since they're all tied for first and last, in the impressive loss standings, let's go ...

1. Cincy
2. Tie between Balty and Cleveland (Browns offense looked like garbage, but Balty allowed a feat not done since Joe Kapp, for Christ's sake)
4. Pitt

That offensive line was a nightmare.

That secondary is a total fucking mess.

I can't possibly see good things for this team this season. No way they score enough to compete week in and week out.

Big picture-wise, I'll give the Bengals a pass, the Bears are a solid team and the Bengals had every opportunity to beat them on their home field. Sometimes those games slip through your fingers.

The Ravens loss was also predictable, although the level of embarrassment is troubling. The defense is not good, but there's enough on offense and enough winnable games on the schedule to think they'll be playoff contenders.

The Browns and Steelers both lost at home to non-contenders and scored a total of 17 points in the process (not counting the 2 point gift from Tenny). Maybe not time to hit the panic button yet but you damn well better know where it is.

The Browns need to run their horse. Period. With it still within a one score game the Browns ran 10 times on first down, but tried to throw 13 times. That's a bad percentage, it should be more like 14-9 run. On their first drive Richardson carried the rock on two consecutive plays twice, it NEVER happened again. WTF?

The Steelers are just lacking in playmakers, and I don't know if Miller and Bell returning will be enough of a boost. The D is ok, but no turnovers forced yet again, despite two balls getting deflected high into the air. Seems like Polamalu is only noticeable when he's trying to time a blitz. And at least twice each game you can count on them to look very un-Steeler like. The Titans first TD came on a 50 yard drive where Tenny RAN the ball on 11 of 12 plays. When could you ever say that about the Steez?

This division looks like the Bengals to lose. Huge game next week on MNF hosting Pitt.

Back