AFC Championship Game Discussion

It's difficult to see how good this pats team is.

I note 2 games to figure out how good they are.

The game vs Seattle and at Denver.

Patriots schedule was very weak. JETS twice. Browns. Rams bills Dolphins steelers without Big Ben-

Pats didn't play any of the elite teams.

Seattle hung 31 on them and then Denver limited them to 16.

With no Gronk if a team can limit Edelmen I dint see pats winning that game.

The offense is mostly Edelmen sprinkled in with dion Lewis and Bennett tight end

I feel steelers have a shot to upset them because pats are overrated.

Pittsburgh is just as good if not a better team. Vegas knows this otherwise pats would be favoured a td at least

The entire game will rest on Big Ben. If he can avoid turnovers and also convert in the red zone Pittsburgh will win.

i also think that the steelers have a chance to win but lets not take two games and label them as the team the pats are today....give seattle credit,it was the best game they played this year and denver always plays us tough in mile high.....and the pats o is quite a bit more than eldeman with a little lewis and bennet sprinkled in.....hogan has emerged as a downfield threat as shown by his 17.4 yds/catch and 4 touchdowns this year and mitchell had been getting better progressively throughout the year until he got injured and he looks to be full strength this weekend and blount has been a horse all year with 18 rushing td's (i think) and a boatload of yards (but i question the success he will have against the pitt d line) while michael floyd hasn't left gillette since he got here except to sleep while spending 14-16 hours a day at the field pouring over the play book and working out....may as well add that to the resume' while we are at it

Whats ridiculous about it? My opinion?? I thought thats the whole point of "discussion" You must obviously have the only opinion that matters...
:mean4:

opinions are fine, i just hope for your sake you don't put real money on this sport if that's what you know about the 2016-17 Patriots

opinions are fine, i just hope for your sake you don't put real money on this sport if that's what you know about the 2016-17 Patriots

For my sake? I'm up over $40k this year!! Real money, gtfo!!

Not even worth my time with your lame ass comments!

What did he say that wasn't true for the "if that's what you know" comment?

Sorry to interject here, but Your comment is about as insulting as it gets, I think. Wizz has been around a long time and I think your comment was a little out of bounds.

citing the Bills shutout when it has absolutely no bearing on tomorrow's game and NE is who they are because of Belichick's defense. That's where it all began and where it will stay even when Brady eventually retires

Of teams rates 20-32 overall in DVOA per FO, the Patriots played 12 games against those teams out of their 17. 2 vs top 10, one of which was against Landry Jones.

They played 9 games against offenses ranked from 20-32. Only 3 vs top 10. 1 Landry Jones game and 2 against Buffalo.

Last week's win over Houston despite 3 turnovers? The same Houston that was ranked below San Fran in the end of regular season DVOA ranks? Not that impressive.

I get why people would bet the Pats. I'm asking how anyone can bet them large with certainty. Who are the Patriots? How do we even know what a team with the 32nd ranked schedule will do against a good team at full strength? There's just no evidence this year in my opinion.

GL to all but I kind of talked myself out of NE.

... but also don't love Pitt. Just don't see this game very well. Much more confident on the other side

I love all this talk about how easy NE's schedule was. They played the teams on their schedule, what else are they supposed to do? Anyone recall the schedule the 99 Rams had? How did they finish that season?

Not saying I feel great about a Pats bet, just saying the SOS argument has been beaten to the point of nauseum.

Rachel Nichols@Rachel__Nichols <small class="time" style="font-size: 13px; color: rgb(136, 153, 166);"> 2h2 hours ago</small><button class="ProfileTweet-actionButton u-textUserColorHover dropdown-toggle js-dropdown-toggle" type="button" style="color: rgb(170, 184, 194); font-style: inherit; font-variant: inherit; font-weight: inherit; font-stretch: inherit; font-size: 16px; line-height: 1; font-family: inherit; margin: 0px; overflow: visible; cursor: pointer; background-image: initial; background-position: initial; background-size: initial; background-repeat: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; border-width: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; padding: 0px; position: relative;">More
</button>

Fire alarms went off at 3a at the #Steelers team hotel in Boston. Hotel evacuated. Turned out to be a false alarm.

<header class="article-header" style="box-sizing: border-box; max-width: 640px; margin: 0px auto 20px; position: relative; z-index: 1000034; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: BentonSans, -apple-system, Roboto, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 16px;">Police arrest man for pulling fire alarm at Pittsburgh Steelers' hotel

</header>5:59 AM PT
  • ESPN.com news services

Massachusetts State Police have apprehended and charged a man who pulled a fire alarm in the Pittsburgh Steelers' hotel early Sunday morning, authorities told ESPN's Sal Paolantonio.
Dennis Harrison (aka CapeCodCannibal), 25, of East Boston, has been charged with disorderly conduct, disturbing the peace and pulling a false fire alarm at the team's airport hotel in Boston.
According to sources, the man pulled an alarm in a stairwell near an exit at the hotel and jumped into a waiting car with two other men and fled the scene, but was quickly apprehended by state police.
The hotel was evacuated while firefighters checked the building. While many members of the Steelers were awakened by the alarm, the team was not evacuated.
NFL security officials were staying at the same hotel and were on the scene during the incident.
The Steelers will play the New England Patriots on Sunday night (6:40 ET) in the AFC Championship Game.

A wasted Suns fan tried that once to the Spurs during playoffs and it didn't turn out so well

Not usually a big fan of trends that involve a player but this one is hard to ignore.
Pats are 15-0 in the last 2 years when Dion Lewis plays.

Brady has great numbers vs Steelers defense since Tomlin has been there
however, Brady 12 TD/12 INT in AFC Championship games
I think Pit rattles Brady today with their pass rush

citing the Bills shutout when it has absolutely no bearing on tomorrow's game and NE is who they are because of Belichick's defense. That's where it all began and where it will stay even when Brady eventually retires
agree

From ESPN stats & info:

Since week 11 (including playoff) Pit leads NFL with 31 sacks and are tied with GB for #1 with 18 takeaways

NE #22 in strength of schedule, they can only play who's on their schedule but something to keep in mind when looking at their team stats...especially on defense

Something else that jumps out about their defense is they were good at stopping the run but allowed 3rd most receptions and rec yards to RB this season

Wilson was best QB Pats defense faced all season (L)
Can be argued Tannehill was 2nd best QB they faced

Rachel Nichols@Rachel__Nichols <small class="time" style="font-size: 13px; color: rgb(136, 153, 166);"> 2h2 hours ago</small><button class="ProfileTweet-actionButton u-textUserColorHover dropdown-toggle js-dropdown-toggle" type="button" style="color: rgb(170, 184, 194); font-style: inherit; font-variant: inherit; font-weight: inherit; font-stretch: inherit; font-size: 16px; line-height: 1; font-family: inherit; margin: 0px; overflow: visible; cursor: pointer; background-image: initial; background-position: initial; background-size: initial; background-repeat: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; border-width: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; padding: 0px; position: relative;">More
</button>

Fire alarms went off at 3a at the #Steelers team hotel in Boston. Hotel evacuated. Turned out to be a false alarm.

<header class="article-header" style="box-sizing: border-box; max-width: 640px; margin: 0px auto 20px; position: relative; z-index: 1000034; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: BentonSans, -apple-system, Roboto, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 16px;">Police arrest man for pulling fire alarm at Pittsburgh Steelers' hotel

</header>5:59 AM PT
  • ESPN.com news services

Massachusetts State Police have apprehended and charged a man who pulled a fire alarm in the Pittsburgh Steelers' hotel early Sunday morning, authorities told ESPN's Sal Paolantonio.
Dennis Harrison (aka CapeCodCannibal), 25, of East Boston, has been charged with disorderly conduct, disturbing the peace and pulling a false fire alarm at the team's airport hotel in Boston.
According to sources, the man pulled an alarm in a stairwell near an exit at the hotel and jumped into a waiting car with two other men and fled the scene, but was quickly apprehended by state police.
The hotel was evacuated while firefighters checked the building. While many members of the Steelers were awakened by the alarm, the team was not evacuated.
NFL security officials were staying at the same hotel and were on the scene during the incident.
The Steelers will play the New England Patriots on Sunday night (6:40 ET) in the AFC Championship Game.
It has been loosely reported he is behind the release of Flu Virus in the PITT facility as well

Brady has great numbers vs Steelers defense since Tomlin has been there
however, Brady 12 TD/12 INT in AFC Championship games
I think Pit rattles Brady today with their pass rush

I see Pitt having luck w/ their pass rush but I'm also guessing you'll see a fair share of no huddle from New England to keep their defense off balance.

It sounds like Amendola is fairly healthy now. He's not getting a lot of talk but is big as another possession receiver for New England, especially considering that Brady may not have as much time in the pocket as usual today.

I love all this talk about how easy NE's schedule was. They played the teams on their schedule, what else are they supposed to do? Anyone recall the schedule the 99 Rams had? How did they finish that season?

Not saying I feel great about a Pats bet, just saying the SOS argument has been beaten to the point of nauseum.

We totally agree

Signed,

The 2015 Carolina Panthers, Super Bowl L Champs.

Big Ben last 4 games vs NE: 1,503 pass yards 10 TD/5 INT

Head ref: home teams 51-77 ats 39.8% -28.19u

We totally agree

Signed,

The 2015 Carolina Panthers, Super Bowl L Champs.

WTF does Carolina have to do with the 99 Rams or this year's Pats squad? Carolina didn't have a cakewalk of a schedule last year. Another useless point you've made.

the easy schedule simply calls into question their dominance, not sure why that's so hard to understand

Back