abcs week 3 SEC thread..

A

abcs

Finally some real football games this week.
So far we have had
Tenn covered by 20 compared to the closing line in week 1
UGA covered by 15.5 compared to the closing line in week 2

I wanted to start this thread a little earlier this week.. also would like to know if there is a particular game that you guys might want to discuss. Just let me know what game you want me to break down. I feel like i know all the teams in the east pretty well and a few in the west. :shake: I also would like to hear fades opinions on these games
The games are..
Florida at Tenn
Colorado at UGA
Ole Miss at UK
Arky at Vandy
Wofford at SC
ULM at Alabama
LSU at Auburn
Tulane at Miss St

I feel like UGA should be 18 point favorites and they will cover that pretty easily. I like Vandy at home especially if they are getting points. And no real opinions on the other games yet.

what is UGA status at QB? do you know? I was impressed with Stafford's poise.

Hunt.......Agree on Stafford

DaNgIt....Aubbie -2'......This should be a dandy........

Vandy +6' @ this point....will look more..

UAB struggled with EC....looking @ UGA -17'....

KEN TUCK -2'......Gheeeeeezzzzzzzzzz How often does this happen???

FLA -3' @ Neland??????????? My thinking is the Vols were in Look ahead mode yesterday....

MISS ST -10....HOW??????? They have'nt even scored a point TY:wacka wacka:

Can some one feel me in on the Greenwave??

Let's get these, legend:cheers:

Hey hunt check out last time uga played uab at home.. we got lucky to win!

Hoover maybe 2 years ago with JPW..

I like the vandy ml but i havent made my official plays yet

I have some questions concerning this LSU at AUBURN game.
I will not attempt to sway anyones opinions as I know the obvious play is gonna be Auburn here. I just want to know two things.

Is the same guy kicking Field Goals from last year?
This is serious as I expect him to have a great game this time around if so

Who were the supposedly suspended starters from the defense?
Have they played yet and if not will they be back?
Tricky Tommy said they would be out several games back then.
Also, how is the team health and how have the suspended players backups performed to this point?

Outside of lacking a true test and the possible OL questions LSU is coming into this one in rare form. I cant bet Auburn and Im trying to talk myself out of a little LSU ML play.

My angle is Bama born Russell is planning on playing his last in state football game at a very high level.

Thoughts Answers Name Calling ------- Bring It!

What is the total in the UK/OLE PISS game ??????????????

If you are looking at that one , Tamme the UK starting TE will probably be out with a strained hamstring, the 3 back ups are all freshman.

CATSFAN.........48'........

P&G...not sure about your ???'s but you do know you have to go back to '99 since the road team has won this game....

Wait, here it is....Blackmon & Sears...LB's....Back 9/23......

LSU 7-1-1 last 9 road games....
Auburn 10-2 last 12......

FADEMENOW said:
CATSFAN.........48'........

P&G...not sure about your ???'s but you do know you have to go back to '99 since the road team has won this game....

Wait, here it is....Blackmon & Sears...LB's....Back 9/23......

LSU 7-1-1 last 9 road games....
Auburn 10-2 last 12......

Which would make it a good "no play." There are better games on the board than the Auburn/LSU game in my opinion.

Fade, what's your thoughts on Florida? I know Tennessee was looking ahead, but according to the power ratings I follow, Florida should be favored here by -15!!

Sooner.....just looked that one up.....Tenn @ home.....6-24 ATS.....
The D looks like the problem TY....You might be on to something here.....I'm kinda looking @ the Over the Total......

UT'S all american and leading sack guy is out for the year.(Justin Harrell) Also, Inky Johnson, one of the top guys in hte secondary is also out. I was leaning towards UT, but probably a no play now.

FADE, that definitely will help your over.

:36_9_2: Extremely tough week to chose from. i should be back sometime tomorrow with a winner.

abcs--thelegend said:
:36_9_2: Extremely tough week to chose from. i should be back sometime tomorrow with a winner.

It's funny how some look at the week's card differently. Last week I didn't like the card, but I ended up forcing myself into some games I shouldn't have played. This week, I'm seeing so many good plays it's becoming hard to limit myself.

SoonerBS said:
It's funny how some look at the week's card differently. Last week I didn't like the card, but I ended up forcing myself into some games I shouldn't have played. This week, I'm seeing so many good plays it's becoming hard to limit myself.

That's how I feel this week. I could easily play 20 games this week.

SoonerBS said:

Should be interesting...I'm liking a couple.....Not much time to look it over but plan on doing so this eve or tomorrow....

I am hearing that UK is going to go with spread offense this week, with the injury to Tamme the TE and Ole Piss strong Dline. This with UK's horrible defense, the over may be a good bet. I see this as a 31-28 type game. I actually watched the UK/Texas State game, they did the same there. At first they tried to run, without success, then opened the run by streatching the field. Look for alot of trip reciever formations and screens to Little and Dixon. Woodson having a good year thus far throwing the deep ball to Burton and lyons JR.

My play will be on the arkansas vandy game. When the line first came out i liked the vandy ML.. but not so fast i have had a change of heart.. stay tuned ;)

Alright Fellas got a little bit of time. Im hoping we can continue to roll. At first when i saw this line I loved Vandy but I have now changed my mind. Mustain won't be as nervous considering he was able to play last week, and who could ask for a better road enviroment than at vandy. It will be 60% Arkansas fans 20% vandy fans ( if there are such things) and the rest of the place will be empty. Vandy has been gashed this year on the ground. Giving up 190 YPG and 4.2 YPC. Vandy you can now meet a healthy Mcfadden who is looking to avenge last years loss where he only got 1 carry. Vandy's D has 2 sacks all year so i dont think they will be able to put much pressure on Mustain. They also start 3 freshmans and one sophmore at CB and safeties so i think Mustain will be able to pick them apart. I feel like this is the game where Arkansas steps up and starts to live up to the preseason hype.

helmet_arkansas.gif
(-5.5) 27
helmet_vanderbilt.gif

CATSFAN said:
UT'S all american and leading sack guy is out for the year.(Justin Harrell) Also, Inky Johnson, one of the top guys in hte secondary is also out. I was leaning towards UT, but probably a no play now.

FADE, that definitely will help your over.

This one has been on my mind a couple days as well. Still not decided but I'm leaning towards UT as bad as I hate it. Harrell is not out, he's decided to put surgery off to play in this game. He's a tough SOB.

I'm cautiously optimistic about the Arkansas game. I mean, who the hell wants to be the last one to lose to Vandy two years in a row in the conference since '99.

The Hogs should pound them running.....and have the speed on defense to keep Vandy reeling. They've struggled offensively with a lack of big plays.....five of 20+ so far.

Then again, not many know about the damn power struggle going on. Nutt and his first ever OC, the high school guru. There's been shouting matches on the sidelines.

SUPPOSEDLY, they are opening it more every week. There's been some shakeups on the OL and Williams will start at one receiver spot...one of Mustain's high school teammates.

I'm not a Nutt fan at ALL.....I do like the talent. I like the OL and I like the overall speed of the defense. This week, the run will set up more effective passing situations and against Vandy's secondary there are opportunities.

But with this tug of war going on with the coaches....I'm not sure if this thing will turn around this week or not.

Razor said:
I'm cautiously optimistic about the Arkansas game. I mean, who the hell wants to be the last one to lose to Vandy two years in a row in the conference since '99.

The Hogs should pound them running.....and have the speed on defense to keep Vandy reeling. They've struggled offensively with a lack of big plays.....five of 20+ so far.

Then again, not many know about the damn power struggle going on. Nutt and his first ever OC, the high school guru. There's been shouting matches on the sidelines.

SUPPOSEDLY, they are opening it more every week. There's been some shakeups on the OL and Williams will start at one receiver spot...one of Mustain's high school teammates.

I'm not a Nutt fan at ALL.....I do like the talent. I like the OL and I like the overall speed of the defense. This week, the run will set up more effective passing situations and against Vandy's secondary there are opportunities.

But with this tug of war going on with the coaches....I'm not sure if this thing will turn around this week or not.

Good stuff Razor...thanks for the insight...

Back