Aaron Rodgers has LABIA tear - still expected to play

Fondybadger

CTG Partner
<iframe style="width: 1px; height: 0px; border: medium none; position: absolute; visibility: hidden;" allowfullscreen="" class="twitter-tweet twitter-tweet-rendered" allowtransparency="true" scrolling="no" id="twitter-widget-0" frameborder="0"></iframe><blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Packers QB Aaron Rodgers’ calf muscle has a slight tear in it in addition to be significantly strained, per... <a href="http://t.co/EHDVeLczQv">http://t.co/EHDVeLczQv</a></p>&mdash; Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) <a href="https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/553259888395452418">January 8, 2015</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Packers QB Aaron Rodgers’ calf muscle has a slight tear in it in addition to be significantly strained, per sources, via @mortreport and I.

The injury is not expected to prevent Rodgers from playing in Sunday’s Divisional Playoff against the Dallas Cowboys, but it could impact how mobile and effective he is.

“There’s no question he will play, but there’s also no question he will not be 100 percent,” said one doctor familiar with the injury. “The question is whether he’ll be 95 percent or 50 percent.”

The Packers are aggressively treating the injury, with the hope he can be as well as possible. Each person responds differently to calf injuries.

Green Bay held Rodgers out of practice on Wednesday and how active he is the rest of the week still is uncertain. He is scheduled to go through team drills today.

What’s not uncertain is that Rodgers’ calf is not right heading into Sunday’s game, and now he will try to overcome it, just as he did in the regular-season finale to help beat Detroit.
<iframe style="display: none;" allowtransparency="true" scrolling="no" id="rufous-sandbox" frameborder="0"></iframe>

In my experience, no such thing as a slight tear to the calf. He's basically going to get numb and pogo on the other leg.

Packers defense will stop Homo. Aaron won't need to score much :)

Just posted this in my weekly wager thread...

I'm seeing a higher scoring game with the defenses putting the offenses in a position to score. I see Romo being Romo late, DeMarco Murray regaining his fumbling skills, and Rodgers' injury leading to a Cowboy defensive TD. If Rodgers finishes the game I see GB winning, but I think they'll need to put up 30+ to do it. Lets call the game 31-30 Green Bay. Looks like temps will be in mid-20s with 8-12 mph wind. An ineffective/injury pulled Rodgers and Green Bay will struggle to score 20. Wish I'd have gotten +7 at a good number. Now looking at 6's and 5.5's.

Murray scares me the most as a Packers fan, but then I know play calling will not use him to his best advantages too.

I think he plays fine. They will make conference finals. It isnt GB's year. I always like +4.5 and took it even money. I would have liked 6.5/even better, but I got this one down.

I don't know, johnny. Romo makes me nervous. Big stage.

Spanish, I rolled my magic eight ball four times and asked would the cowboys upset the packers against a seriously incapacitated Rogers vs. the genius of Jason Garrett. These were the outcomes.

1. You may rely on it
  2. As I see it, yes
  3. Most likely
  4. Outlook good

I must be delusional because I have zero emotional investment and will be on the Packers and I am a big fan of two underdogs this weekend, Dallas will not be one of em.

Power rating I think on neutral its close to pickem, say GB -1

Add 3 for home field, but I dont think its that much with veteran led qb opponent in do or die game.

Say GB -3.5

but he is hurt real bad, it will be real cold, so maybe less fgs and final outcome crosses different key numbers

Big picture, GB aint beating Seattle anyway, they cant win on road, this aint their year, Romo positively needs to fucking win, he should get it done and then scare Seattle in amazing Championship

Always fascinating when Packers fans like the Packers and Cowboys fans like to bet the Cowboys, so much get accomplished.

I mentioned before the playoffs how it seemed to be setting up for Romo and the Boys returning to Seattle to exorcise his demons from the fumbled snap how ever many years ago that was...then they got what appeared to most to be some good ol' fashioned home cooking with the help of the NFL....now it comes out that Rodgers has a tear in his calf....gimme some Dallas ML to see if the script continues to be written.

I knew Lareux awkwardly had Romo's back in these little stat-offs but didn't realize he was just a fan

You're a Romo fan? I haven't seen you disparage him once...and he's certainly given you ample opportunity to at least be objective.

So tip and Lareux cancel each other out?

Too much fandom to discuss gambling this time of year

Everyone gonna be so pissed when Rodgers throws for 400 yds and 5 tds.

This wouldn't be surprising although I'm starting to lean towards a lower scoring type game, although it's tough to bet on both of those defenses, Dallas especially in that environment.

A sprain is a slight tear, no?

Shaker's cousin posted this on FB "This is the opening line to an article by ESPN in regards to Aaron Rodgers' calf injury: "Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers' calf muscle has a slight tear in it in addition to being significantly strained, according to league sources." The problem I have with it, as an athletic trainer, is that a slight tear is, indeed, a significant strain. So there is no need to put "in addition to being significantly strained" because that's saying the same thing twice."

Always fascinating when Packers fans like the Packers and Cowboys fans like to bet the Cowboys, so much get accomplished.

Hey I'm suggesting a Cowboys plus spread bet if you're taking a side and I already hit Cowboys TT over.

Last year Detriot goes to philly. Terrible weather. Total dropped. I think the final score , the totall ended up in the 70s

I knew Lareux awkwardly had Romo's back in these little stat-offs but didn't realize he was just a fan

You're a Romo fan? I haven't seen you disparage him once...and he's certainly given you ample opportunity to at least be objective.

So tip and Lareux cancel each other out?

Too much fandom to discuss gambling this time of year

No, not a Romo or Cowboys fan at all really. I certainly don't let any fandom get in the way of anything when we talk about things though, that's not me at all.

That could be true, just never seen you denounce him in any way whatsoever and I've spent way too many hours reading your defense of him

He's not great by any means, he's had a pretty good career. That's it. And he's failed more times than not on the big stage.

That could be true, just never seen you denounce him in any way whatsoever and I've spent way too many hours reading your defense of him

He's not great by any means, he's had a pretty good career. That's it. And he's failed more times than not on the big stage.

In the threads you're talking about though, I'm defending him due to ignorance from the other side...like Tip with his "eye test" and "going off of memory" as opposed to looking at actual stats, or at least trying to prove some of what he says. I'd probably do that for other guys, and have for Cutler and maybe one or two others. Let's be honest and use some type of data/stats when we're discussing things, not just blindly hate on, or love guys because it sounds cool and you've heard others saying it (not you KJ, 'you' in general).

I said he certainly didn't play well last game...but he made plays when it counted and the Cowboys won the game (bad call or not). Tip came in saying Romo gets no credit at all because of the bad call, and that he played horribly. Which side sounds like they're playing to their "fanboy" side?

Agree about his career, and his teams have failed on the big stage more times than not...it's not all on him, and there aren't too many cases of him being THE reason they lost a game on a big stage...but he's got that rep and some guys just go with it blindly...that's why I defend him, not because I'm a fanboy.

Is there any greater insult to a grown man than calling him a fanboy?

I do allow sentiment to color my opinions on Romo and the New York Yankees. I'm unapologetic about this.

I do allow sentiment to color my opinions on Romo and the New York Yankees. I'm unapologetic about this.

Yep, you've said it before....I have to be there with some type of truth telling and objectivity though.

I get the Yankees hate, but why do you hate Romo in the first place? Small college guy, undrafted who goes on to QB the Dallas Cowboys...and can actually play, and has done quite well during his career? Is it because he used to wear his hat backwards on the sideline? That totally sounds like a "tip reason" to not like someone, and then that hate just festers from there.

Is there any greater insult to a grown man than calling him a fanboy?

Maybe not. You're not really a fanboy though, I certainly wasn't calling you one. You're pretty much the opposite of a fanboy with a few teams/guys, though it's similar to being a fanboy in bizarro world or something.

I'm certainly not a fanboy either, was really my point. Fuck, I'm a lifelong Yankees fan and think Jeter was one of the most overrated players ever, and have no problem pointing out why or even saying it in the first place. I like a lot of guys, and a bunch of different teams nowadays in all sports...I have my favorites, but I certainly don't hold any of those teams or players on a pedestal. Sports these days are just a revolving door to begin with, getting emotionally attached to a group of guys who are "your team" are long gone...free agency did that.

Maybe not. You're not really a fanboy though, I certainly wasn't calling you one. You're pretty much the opposite of a fanboy with a few teams/guys, though it's similar to being a fanboy in bizarro world or something.

I'm certainly not a fanboy either, was really my point. Fuck, I'm a lifelong Yankees fan and think Jeter was one of the most overrated players ever, and have no problem pointing out why or even saying it in the first place. I like a lot of guys, and a bunch of different teams nowadays in all sports...I have my favorites, but I certainly don't hold any of those teams or players on a pedestal. Sports these days are just a revolving door to begin with, getting emotionally attached to a group of guys who are "your team" are long gone...free agency did that.

C'mon. You're kind of a Romo fanboy. (Just kidding.)

C'mon. You're kind of a Romo fanboy. (Just kidding.)

Haha.

If I'm a fanboy of anyone it's Brady all day. Then Rodgers, then Flacco, then Luck. Romo would probably be 5th if I had to do a "fanboy" rating for me and NFL QBs.

if his labia actually does cause him problems ( and i have my doubts) will we see a heavy dose of Lacy?? 15.375 carries per game for the year averaging 71.19 yds per. In the last 6 games, it goes to 19.5 carries for 98.6 per. His prop is certainly on my radar.

Power rating I think on neutral its close to pickem, say GB -1

Add 3 for home field, but I dont think its that much with veteran led qb opponent in do or die game.

Say GB -3.5

but he is hurt real bad, it will be real cold, so maybe less fgs and final outcome crosses different key numbers

Big picture, GB aint beating Seattle anyway, they cant win on road, this aint their year, Romo positively needs to fucking win, he should get it done and then scare Seattle in amazing Championship
Interesting. You would make the line GB -3.5 with a healthy Rodgers yet, the books know he is injured and are making the line -6.5.

GB -3.5 says that these teams are essentially even on a neutral field. I don't think that's true at all. Dallas had such an easier schedule. I think the line opened right where it should have

I'm kind of worried about Rodgers gimping around on that leg. His mobility's going to be about zero.

Back