a season long bball struggle

Falco_7

NBA, Europe

Basketball - FIBA Europe - Champions League Q
10/1 Spirou Charleroi vs Murcia -
Murcia is definitely better/more experienced side here and I kinda liked their performance in the opening game of ACB (Spanish league) against MoraBanc Andorra, but it will be an European premiere for their new coach Javi Juarez and I dont think laying 6 points on the road would be a great idea atm. However, it will be fifth game in last 10 days for Spirou Charleroi (they travelled to Denmark and Izrael) and European teams are not used to that, so fatigue could be potentially a factor later in the game, even though the season has just started. Spirou coach did express his worries according to that, so maybe there is 2nd half play if home side somehow keeps it close or is even up...

Last edited:
Europe - Eurocup
10/2 Valencia vs Lyon-Villeurbanne - Lyon-Villeurbanne +8 @ 1.862 (-116) 1 unit

I did some research before the opening game of their domestic league against rival Unicaja and coach Ponsarnau was worried about his team not being ready for start of the season. Valencia had some missings (San Emeterio, Diot, Martinez) against Unicaja and they lost by dd + got outhustled + lost Tobey for atleast 3 weeks. On the other hand, Lyon started their season on a high note with 3 wins, beating Monako and Gravelines-Dunkerque on the road... Valencia is stronger and more experienced team, but with regard to injuries/actual situation (all 4 players are out), I expect much tougher and closer game than the odds suggest.

Last edited:
I'm not too familiar with Euro... Do you cap it extensively?
As an European, I do. NBA is still my bread and butter, but each of these EU leagues has its own specifics and once you get a proper read, its much easier... I slacked off last year a little bit and just cherry picked some interesting matchups, but not this year lol. We will see how wrong or right I am as the season unfolds, but I would definitely tread lightly at the beggining.

Back