8/26 Sunday MLB Discussion

Lefties obliterate Bundy.. O's haven't seen Severino yet this year but his mechanics still seem way off. If Sevy get's out of the 1st inning unscathed it could be a long night for the O's line up. Yanks could put up 8 on Bundy alone.. this guy is a train wreck. Throwing total meatballs the last 3 games I watched him. Marquez isn't much of an over or under ump- both pitchers have had very good success with him in their limited appearances.

Not sure I understand Boone's decision to bench Bird in this spot- against a pitcher that struggles so bad against lefties, this is the type of spot a manager needs to play a guy that's struggling to get his confidence up.

Bundy leads the majors in home runs given up with 33.. lol. Maybe Stanton hits 3 tonight.

Still looking.

If the National feeds HAVE to include a female .. I’ll deal with her. At least she’s actually played competitive women’s ball.

Matt is awesome. I’m in the minority with A rod.. paper bag personality but his insight is valuable.

Interesting what constitutes value. I made a large bet on under first 5 in Arizona and I came close to making a giant bet on it. It lost; When you make bets involving humans nothing is100 percent. Tampa big win, huge win with Cubs very large bet with Houston. Also lost a moderate bet on Texas over and won a average bet on WS under with you small bet on SF
I am honestly amazed that you saw no value in the Cubs and you appear not to understand Houston at all
Tampa when you saw the Boston pitcher on 4 and did not bet Tampa???
Tomorrow Oakland is 10-2 on Monday to Houston 7-7. Cole has played Oakland 4 times this season which is a big negative but I MAY play Houston after looking at the ref. You see Houston is improving very rapidly right now and Oakland has not been lucky
When you talk about value yesterday you sort of spit on the concept by totally passing on great value and I do include Arizona under first half in that group. That was at least in the 70 percent range.
When you look back on the day how do you grade your actions?

Interesting what constitutes value. I made a large bet on under first 5 in Arizona and I came close to making a giant bet on it. It lost; When you make bets involving humans nothing is100 percent. Tampa big win, huge win with Cubs very large bet with Houston. Also lost a moderate bet on Texas over and won a average bet on WS under with you small bet on SF
I am honestly amazed that you saw no value in the Cubs and you appear not to understand Houston at all
Tampa when you saw the Boston pitcher on 4 and did not bet Tampa???
Tomorrow Oakland is 10-2 on Monday to Houston 7-7. Cole has played Oakland 4 times this season which is a big negative but I MAY play Houston after looking at the ref. You see Houston is improving very rapidly right now and Oakland has not been lucky
When you talk about value yesterday you sort of spit on the concept by totally passing on great value and I do include Arizona under first half in that group. That was at least in the 70 percent range.
When you look back on the day how do you grade your actions?

Who are you talking to? lol

I'm guessing you directed this towards me and if I'm reading you correctly, you seem kinda upset?

From my chair I don't think you pay attention to others very much. You tend to fire off a lot of good info but rarely interact with the rest of us. I've touted Houston more than once in several other threads and absolutely said I would not be betting against them right now, that doesn't mean I don't see value. My train of thought is limiting exposure and risk. Like you said, nothing is 100%. I take that kind of wisdom and am able to mitigate major losses in this long grind. The way I may perceive value is purely based on opinion, because at the end of the day- we're both looking at the same statistics, there's no secrets here. If you're interested in why I didn't make a wager on the Cubs or why I didn't make a wager on so and so, it's called trusting your gut. Sometimes you're right, some times you're wrong.

After all is said and done I was still up on the day going 2-1. Looking back, yeah in hindsight - maybe I should've laid the Cubs -1.5 But what I also know is Hendricks has one of the worst first inning ERA's going up against an offense that is capable but in a late season funk. All it took was one 3 run bomb, and covering the RL becomes that much more of a challenge.

When I look back on the day, there are always games that I say to myself, damn "I knew that was going to happen". But then there are many others where what I thought was going to happen, absolutely did not happen and that feeling of laying off is almost as good as a winner.

Last edited:
Back