8/23 MLB DISCUSSION

They had 4 guys they could have used. The first guy they put in had not pitched in 4 days so maybe they just gambled trying to rest it before the Cards

Small winner the 2 under bet and 2 ML bets but the RL is toast. Still love it since the morning was great

3 catchers and they gave Cahill the worst. Phegley by far the best should be playing

Are we at all concerned with Newcomb's last 2 starts?

Glasnow should buzzsaw through the Royals line up, though Duffy good success vs TB historically. Ump Libka small sample, 6 games, 4 have gone under the total.

I'm not particularly. I'm backing Braves ML (Newcomb good history vs Fish; thinking rare situation in bases when I'd give a motivational edge to a side with Braves in first meeting off Urena/Acuna situation) in parlay with Cubs FF TT under 3. Also with you on Glasnow, parlayed Rays with A's. Good luck.

Played over. Hoping last night jump started the Cubs offense. Also think Cole will give up a couple tonight.

Cole has been on some kind of streak. Reds are 3rd in the MLB hitting against lefties. Cole has also some RIDICULOUS dominance over the Reds historically.. but a much different time when with Phillies. Desclafani is arguably Reds best pitcher right now until Castillo figures himself out. He's 2-0 in Wrigley in 4 starts, with solid numbers. Gooch just announced as ump, supports over theory. 16-4 on the over this year. Hamels been with Gooch 8 times and seems to like him, DeSclafani has not been with him yet. Wind blowing out moderately, shouldn't smash any balls down.

Also, do not underestimate what adding Murph does to this line up. I will say it again, this team's offensive struggles start with their inability to find a consistent lead off hitter. Murph is a true batting pro who can get on base very well and is an extremely tough out.

Some more tidbits, lefties are sporting a .857 OPS against DeSclafani.. Cubs have 7 lefties in the line up tonight.

Last edited:
Cole has been on some kind of streak. Reds are 3rd in the MLB hitting against lefties. Cole has also some RIDICULOUS dominance over the Reds historically.. but a much different time when with Phillies. Desclafani is arguably Reds best pitcher right now until Castillo figures himself out. He's 2-0 in Wrigley in 4 starts, with solid numbers. Gooch just announced as ump, supports over theory. 16-4 on the over this year. Hamels been with Gooch 8 times and seems to like him, DeSclafani has not been with him yet. Wind blowing out moderately, shouldn't smash any balls down.

Also, do not underestimate what adding Murph does to this line up. I will say it again, this team's offensive struggles start with their inability to find a consistent lead off hitter. Murph is a true batting pro who can get on base very well and is an extremely tough out.

Some more tidbits, lefties are sporting a .857 OPS against DeSclafani.. Cubs have 7 lefties in the line up tonight.

Yeah! What I said! Haha thanks for the stats, peel. Go Cubs

I think Oakland will come back. Tough luck with that ump but it got me on the over

Over cashes in Minny. Can’t believe we lost the Cubs over. Rays Braves parlay cashed. Great afternoon too. Hell of a run the past few days. Usually need to take a day off during a run like this. But can’t resist cappping!!

Over cashes in Minny. Can’t believe we lost the Cubs over. Rays Braves parlay cashed. Great afternoon too. Hell of a run the past few days. Usually need to take a day off during a run like this. But can’t resist cappping!!

Yeah. Couple really rough late breaks in the Cubs game. From the ricochet off the wall in the bottom of the 8th to the bases loaded in the 9th.

Yeah. Couple really rough late breaks in the Cubs game. From the ricochet off the wall in the bottom of the 8th to the bases loaded in the 9th.

If Hamels has the gas he is exactly what we need come October. I still want to see him up against a viable offense. He’s had fairly easy opppnents every start now as a Cub. Though complete game efforts are nothing to ever sneeze at.

He had good history with the ump and he is still getting gas from 5 days rest.
I was down to 1 out and then I got there with Minn over. Could not believe they got their 3 run in the 4th and went 4 and 2 thirds without scoring. Not the Oakland I remember

Back