8/23 MLB DISCUSSION

Blowing in, neutral ump in dc

Perfect weather fenway, neutral ump

Blowing decent to left Deeetroit, cuzzi behind plate home/under

Blowing in at shea, homer ump

Have you looked at Pluto on 4 1 game 9 ERA
Price is pitching great and I believe will get up for big games
Nola considerably better with ump than Max and just based on days rest better as well

the 2 teams on Thursday
11-4 Philadelphia 9-4 Washington
Nola in a 100 percent effort mode

Hamel up against a good player but on 5 again which is normally BINGO maybe a under going for a live bet on Philadelphia just a guess looking at pitch count

deGrom with base runners every inning with 68 pitches through 3 2/3.. mad bum 30 pitches through 3.

I grabbed giants +110 live in the 1st, and went under 6.5 fg.

Starting to consider Phillies +140 live but don't trust the pen at the moment. Anyone know who's not avail?

Have you looked at Pluto on 4 1 game 9 ERA
Price is pitching great and I believe will get up for big games
Nola considerably better with ump than Max and just based on days rest better as well

I didnt see this and this was exactly what I thought pre capping, spot on tuck

I didnt see this and this was exactly what I thought pre capping, spot on tuck

I didn’t even realize that my degenerate ass saw that and grabbed Boston 1H .. just seen it closed, didn’t even bother watching it.

Super degenerate when you place so many bets when you first wake up that you don’t even remember what was placed lol

Anyone got thoughts on Oakland?

Leaning towards them tonight. Twins pitcher got shelled last time out and is a youngster with a 7 era.

Cahill road splits suck ass though.

Lucchesi really throwin that junk today. He stymied the Rocks last time he faced them too.

...think I just jinxed him lol

Watched a lot of Phils/Nats and Giants/Mets (had both FF unders), and obviously, all 4 pitchers pitched pretty well, but what the box score won't show is that deGrom really struggled to throw his fastball for a strike all game. He retired the side 1-2-3 in the 5th, then walked lead-off hitter before striking out the side in the 6th, but before that, he was at about 75 pitches to get through 4 IP (and only 60% or so were strikes). He let a bad call by Randazzo (should've been called strike 3 to Hundley on 0-2) shake him in the 4th, and when Bum doubled to bring in the second run, deGrom was vocal towards Randazzo in a way I've not seen him with an ump before.

What's this mean? Maybe nothing, other than that deGrom couldn't locate his fastball today and thus was pretty vulnerable in spots - and a better lineup than the Giants almost certainly would've made him pay. I think of him as a pretty even-keeled pitcher, so to see him act out at an ump was surprising (but, as I said, he was right in that it was a very bad call). It could also mean that pitching all season with no run support and little margin for error is wearing on him. At the very least, FF under has been an automatic lean for me in deGrom starts for awhile but I don't know that it will be next week in Wrigley, esp if the wind looks to be a factor. If he can't locate his fastball next Tuesday, it could get ugly.

Probably extra heated because he knew this was a no room for error type game going against Madbum. Every inch counts. Add that to the hell of an environment he's been in with the Mets disaster train, well he's gonna blow his cool every now and then. I have no doubt he will dominate cubs hitting.

Got the under first half and game but also Colorado pitch count mounting for Freeland

Probably extra heated because he knew this was a no room for error type game going against Madbum. Every inch counts. Add that to the hell of an environment he's been in with the Mets disaster train, well he's gonna blow his cool every now and then. I have no doubt he will dominate cubs hitting.

Fair points all - my only response would be that he's held it together great mentally this season, so while it's completely understandable that he'd blow his cool at some point, this was the first time he actually did. No doubt, part of it probably was his inability to locate his heater. And the Cubs lineup isn't exactly hitting on all cylinders right now, either. I wouldn't be surprised if deGrom figures out some things between starts and pitches great next Tuesday, but unlike many of his other starts the last few months, I won't be paying to see it with the FF under. Will definitely be watching, though.

Briefly Oakland at Minn has problems.
Cahill on 4 4.57. Cahill away 34 innings ERA 6.62
Last year 49.2 innings ERA 7.07 away
Last year on 4 5.63 ERA 32 innings

The last time the A's lost a game that Cahill started was June 2nd. And Stewart has not been impressive so far for the Twins. He wasn't impressive in the minors either. Thinking of an OAK/ATL parlay to be honest.

This pitcher they put in is insane. Are they trying to lose
6.27 ERA at home over 8 at night

Are we at all concerned with Newcomb's last 2 starts?

Glasnow should buzzsaw through the Royals line up, though Duffy good success vs TB historically. Ump Libka small sample, 6 games, 4 have gone under the total.

I foolishly thought they might use good relielf. A little worry but those last 2 starts were on 4 On 4 ERA 5.61 on 5 what he has today 6-2 2.36. This is also a day Miami has not won on

Actually Killersports has a 18-0 trend supporting Oakland. Just have to see what happens I think Newcomb will be fine

Back