6 teamer to win $5,150... All I need is Buckeyes ML... What would you do?

... I wonder what all you bashers were thinking when the buckeyes were up 10-0?

With a blunt in my mouth, sitting on the couch, laughing, as I proceeded to tell a friend, this is going to be just like last yr. I was never scared on my LSU bet going down.

lol.... riiiight. I knew all along it was a ploy to raise the hopes of the buckeye fans. ignorance is bliss. i will take a bong hit for that one.

lol.... riiiight. I knew all along it was a ploy to raise the hopes of the buckeye fans. ignorance is bliss. i will take a bong hit for that one.

make sure to hold it in deep

i didn't say anything along those lines, i just was never scared, had it been 20-6 @ half like the WVU game, yea I might of worried but down 10-0 with less than 5min into the game, I don't think so, not a team who has been down by 10 three times in the season already

etg,

Fasho. I just wonder if it would have been a different game if lsu doesn't block that fg. Changed the game imo. I saw what happened after redskins and titans both missed fg's this last weekend. Although it was much earlier in the game than the nfl examples I gave. Oh well, on to hoops and the playoffs.

etg,

Fasho. I just wonder if it would have been a different game if lsu doesn't block that fg. Changed the game imo. I saw what happened after redskins and titans both missed fg's this last weekend. Although it was much earlier in the game than the nfl examples I gave. Oh well, on to hoops and the playoffs.

very key, if my memory is correct, remember, i was smoking at the time of this game, it was 10-10 at that point with OSU looking to make it 17-10 but the pass was broken up in the endzone so they have to settle for 3 to try and go up 13-10. The block def was a serious tip towards LSU as was the roughing the punter in the 3rd quarter

Turk, you can play cool about that loss, but it doesn't change my opinion about that play.

It was wrong. You risked half of your seasons winnings on one bet, a risk not worth taking. The win would still have been huge without the additional bet, so what else than greed way playing with your head.

Calculated risk? Get outta here.

very key, if my memory is correct, remember, i was smoking at the time of this game, it was 10-10 at that point with OSU looking to make it 17-10 but the pass was broken up in the endzone so they have to settle for 3 to try and go up 13-10. The block def was a serious tip towards LSU as was the roughing the punter in the 3rd quarter

Actually OSU dropped the TD in the endzone. LSU may have got a finger on it but the OSU WR dropped a TD. Then we block the FG.

So it was like first 7 then 3 more points taken away in about 2-3 minutes real time.

Actually OSU dropped the TD in the endzone. LSU may have got a finger on it but the OSU WR dropped a TD. Then we block the FG.

So it was like first 7 then 3 more points taken away in about 2-3 minutes real time.

Jackson clearly helped knock the ball out, OSU didn't fully drop that

Scared Money Is Dead Money...

In this case... Scared Money Is Guaranteed Money. Economically speaking, the $50 was a sunk cost, and an immaterial amount you were willing to blow on a chance to make 10x your normal unit amt. Coming into last night, since the $50 was an immaterial sunk cost, anything you make is a bonus - its not like you are trying to protect your $50 investment.... So basically, you are saying that you just proved to yourself that you have what you call "balls" and what every other gambler calls ignorance. Congrats :shake:

Lets see.... would I rather have a 40% chance at $5000, or a 100% chance at a little over $2000? I think I will take my chances, cuz I got BALLS baby!!!

Makes sense to me! :hang:

HEY POKEY,

i never called anyone ignorant. i may have used the word when replying to etg, but that was resolved as a misunderstanding. why dont you quit twisting my words around you douche. dont get mad because you only dream of having a chance to win that much brotha.

I'll take bets at even money from anybody that this thread is locked by the time the Jazz game tips off tonight.

wow, jpicks, wicka, you guys brothers or something. you guys act like i was bashing the whole ctg community. get real. read the thread again. man. just cuz i said u need some balls to win some real money?

Well I didnt read this thread yesterday cause well unless some one asks for my advice I am not going to stick my nose into a situation I know nothing about. You guys get enough of my opinions anyway. Saw the thread getting bumped so figured I would read it.

Nice to know that you have read me since the old day at Covers. Thats a long time. I agree with alot of what you were saying. You have to have balls and conviction to be successful at this and in anything in life. If the money is not significant to you then why hedge? For me its a good chunk of change right now and I would hedge some. I dont think adding on was such a bad idea but I think regardless of how much you liked it you should capped yourself at 2K. Mainly because why come so far to only walk away with half of your winnings. I do understand hey it was your fav play and your were doing well so why not pound it.

If your fine with and it doesnt hurt your wallet then God Bless and everyone just move on. Regardless of why he posted he did what he felt was correct and you have to respect that. He asked for opinions not for some people to make up his mind for him.

Thats it let it be. I am from the school that believes this big parlays are great ideas. Essentially he is betting 1/10 a unit to get paid 10 units.......I think most good cappers can hit at least one of these to break even.....I have hit a ton of 3 and 4 teamers and rarely play them....they are hard when you trying to squeeze a bunch of games from 1 sport in there but when you spread it out they become less difficult IMO...especially over days.....

Everybody move on......we are all in different situations ...:cheers:

Actually I didn't say that it would be locked because of anybody. So being defensive about what you've said only makes you look guilty when I actually think you've been attacked just as much as you've gave it back. It's just a funny joke around CTG (or maybe it's just funny to me) to joke about when a thread is going to get locked up. This one has run it's course and I'm 99% positive that nothing positive or insightful will be posted from this point forward. Not a shot at ya man.

wow, jpicks, wicka, you guys brothers or something. you guys act like i was bashing the whole ctg community. get real. read the thread again. man. just cuz i said u need some balls to win some real money?

Real money? You mean the five bucks I just bet aint real?!?! CRAP!

:hang:

Scared Money is not the same as Smart Money. You make the sensible decision, which you did not. Hopefully this hurts bad, so if your in a similar situation down the road you make the correct choice. Life is about making bad decisions and learning from them, and boy did you make a bad one- so hopefully you learned your lesson!

and this site is full of very smart cappers who only want to see others as well as themselves win money, so if you ask for advice you should honor it a little bit more, as were all in the business of making money.

and this site is full of very smart cappers who only want to see others as well as themselves win money, so if you ask for advice you should honor it a little bit more, as were all in the business of making money.

:shake:

I do recall some very good cappers saying go for it, so it applys both ways...
As far as asking for advice, yes, I do respect everyones opinions... But I dont have to honor shit. what the hell does that mean anyways? honor the advice?

I do recall some very good cappers saying go for it, so it applys both ways...
As far as asking for advice, yes, I do respect everyones opinions... But I dont have to honor shit. what the hell does that mean anyways? honor the advice?
Some said let your 50$ ride, some said hedge. Nobody said that you should multiply your risk by 90 hoping to win twice as much.

Back