4 weeks in, what have we learned?

Yeah, lets add more to the “able to review” list. We need even more inept officiating-they are all god awful and timid now-and we need even longer games. Chiefs-Lions was damn near 4 hours yesterday.

That i need to stop last second adds like the skins! Kidding aside im seeing more parity tjis year across the hoard. Years past the bottom 10 teams would get rolled and now we are seeing competition roughly each week. Not to say every week is a close game but teams like raiders, giants, etc come to play.

A lot of teams got much needed wins to avoid a disaster first quarter of the season.

Jags, Eagles, Panthers, Titans Browns....all teams who unquestionably are not happy with how their season started, yet now find themselves 2-2 and right there in every race. Even teams like the Giants Raiders and Bucs avoided the fall to 1-3. Its so appropriate that the entire AFC South is 2-2. When all is said and done in that division, the Colts may look back on their season and this home loss to the Raiders could be why they didn't make the playoffs

NO defensive line is very good and their secondary plays aggressively. They will get away with the aggressive play in some games but going to see a lot of PI calls on them this season. 2-0 vs Sea and Dal w/o Brees is impressive. Not sure Dallas has enough weapons to win it all. NO took Zeke and Cooper out of the game and nobody stepped up.

A win tonight and the Steelers are 1 game out of first place in the division, and they have Balt at home next week while Clev travels to undefeated SF for MNF. Everybody has written this team off but they could be in first place at the end of next week.

Got to see life without Jalen. Jags without Jalen are serious trouble. Herndon alone cost the under and nearly the Jax cover. He was picked on by Brady err i mean Flacco the whole game and having a clueless DC does not help.

Last edited:
The rules are way too subjective. Sometimes I think the refs get blamed too heavily, like killing the messenger. I don‘t think they have clear instruction on what constitutes pi, or holding, or roughing the passer. And, as evident by the oscillation in holding frequency, they clearly have to react to pressure from above.

The rules are way too subjective. Sometimes I think the refs get blamed too heavily, like killing the messenger. I don‘t think they have clear instruction on what constitutes pi, or holding, or roughing the passer. And, as evident by the oscillation in holding frequency, they clearly have to react to pressure from above.
VC, I agree with you. BUUUUTTTTT, you take it to an extreme in-game about penalties.

Everything said the Saints win last night.
Cows always lay a turd somewhere.
Bad line play , but Zeke et al did not run like they gave a shit.
I didn't capitalize knowing it was one of those games.
The flipper is Dallas kills GB this week.

Bet juju over props next week. Steez are gonna force feed him the ball. All the post game analysts are talking about his 3 reception 15 yard performance tonight. He’ll have to hear about it all week They showed the offensive coordinator and Mason Rudolph both talking to him towards the end of the game. They will want to keep him happy

Bet juju over props next week. Steez are gonna force feed him the ball. All the post game analysts are talking about his 3 reception 15 yard performance tonight. He’ll have to hear about it all week They showed the offensive coordinator and Mason Rudolph both talking to him towards the end of the game. They will want to keep him happy
Good thinking.

Took the week off for the most part, hit an in-game ML on the MaHomies and burnt an in-game +3.5 on Cousin Kirk.

As for what I've learned...

Same old shit.

Brutal inconsistent officiating and poor QB play.

Nothing to see here.

NBA only 3 weeks away.

NO defensive line is very good and their secondary plays aggressively. They will get away with the aggressive play in some games but going to see a lot of PI calls on them this season. 2-0 vs Sea and Dal w/o Brees is impressive. Not sure Dallas has enough weapons to win it all. NO took Zeke and Cooper out of the game and nobody stepped up.
Those are the games where they really miss the field stretching ability of Gallup. Kinda like Alvin Harper in the Triplet days, you need that one extra weapon in the big games.

A lot of teams got much needed wins to avoid a disaster first quarter of the season.

Jags, Eagles, Panthers, Titans Browns....all teams who unquestionably are not happy with how their season started, yet now find themselves 2-2 and right there in every race. Even teams like the Giants Raiders and Bucs avoided the fall to 1-3. Its so appropriate that the entire AFC South is 2-2. When all is said and done in that division, the Colts may look back on their season and this home loss to the Raiders could be why they didn't make the playoffs
Saw a twitter post that said "There is nothing more on brand than the entire AFC South being 2-2."

A win tonight and the Steelers are 1 game out of first place in the division, and they have Balt at home next week while Clev travels to undefeated SF for MNF. Everybody has written this team off but they could be in first place at the end of next week.
They are now scouting playoff match ups in Pittsburgh and whether they want to be the #3 or #4 seed.

Everything said the Saints win last night.
Cows always lay a turd somewhere.
Bad line play , but Zeke et al did not run like they gave a shit.
I didn't capitalize knowing it was one of those games.
The flipper is Dallas kills GB this week.
I don't know about kill but I like their chances this week, and ESPECIALLY if Adams is out. ARod looks a bit lost without his Davante blanket. Gallup is probably 1/3 odds to play this week, would be another boost to Dallas.

I don't think Juju has that kind of ego...yet.

I would take the Thielen/Diggs over props though. Those two wheels are starting to squeak in public now.

Heard Black Jack on the radio this morning saying week 4 is about the time when people start getting comfortable with betting names over situations. Chiefs, Pats, Cowboys (all road faves playing in tough buildings) and Rams (short rest of a tough win) being the obvious examples.

I don't know about kill but I like their chances this week, and ESPECIALLY if Adams is out. ARod looks a bit lost without his Davante blanket. Gallup is probably 1/3 odds to play this week, would be another boost to Dallas.
I made the line 4.5. I haven't looked, but anything less than that and it's a play.

compared to Brees last year week 13 @ Dallas

pass-chart_BRE229498_2018-reg-13_1543787230603.jpeg

Kyle Allen is not a drop down as QB for Panthers. In fact he's an improvement.

IMO Kyler Murray is going to have flashes of being good, but too short and seems to be lost out there.

Back