mrpickem

SDQL Badass Stat Boss
This should be a good Fight Night but is a weak PPV, It did get better with recent changes in pairing but still falls short of a quality PPV. There are big-name sellers going that may sell enough PPVs, but the quality is still not there. At least they give a huge card with 13 fights none of which were canceled despite 5 fighters missing weight(that may be a record).

1662834768124.png
1662834747916.png

Last week was my best in a while: [9-7 +6.99u]

So looking to build off that...

FightingWords.jpg

UFC 279 ~ Early prelims:​

DARIAN WEEKS VS YOHAN LAINESSE
  • Weeks ...Yohan holds a surprising wrestling trump card and you can also expect more of the same punishing inside work while standing. Weeks isn't a defensive savant, so there's the possibility that Lainesse gets an early finish. However, I will back the more experienced American to match the inside brawling while threatening takedowns until they come.
ELISE REED VS MELISSA MARTINEZ(7-0)
  • Martinez Decision ...Super Melly is heavy-pressure with the tools to keep Reed’s best weapons in check. Martinez does have a tendency to disengage after combinations and remain in striking range – an area where Reed punches in bunches. Still, without time or space, Reed struggles to string together a consistent offense.
https%3A%2F%2Ffansided.com%2Ffiles%2F2022%2F09%2FABC00421-850x560.jpg

CHAD ANHELIGER VS HEILI ALATENG
  • Alateng KO ...Alateng possibly can be out-worked as Casey Kenney danced circles around him in his UFC debut. Anheliger however, lacks the striking variety and lateral footwork of Kenney, and should eventually meet his demise by Alateng’s clubbing counters.
NORMA DUMONT VS DANYELLE WOLF(1-0)
  • Dumont ITD ...Three-time US National Boxing Champion, Danyelle Wolf, continues her transition to MMA with an early UFC debut in only her 2nd ever MMA bout. Dumont has proven to be UFC-quality, while Wolf looked incredibly raw in her DWCS appearance. This seems like a brutal booking, hopefully, I’ll be proven wrong, but I doubt Dumont has any issue walking through her green opponent.

SUSA-251-Melissa-Martinez.jpg

Attachments

• 1662843219744.jpeg
    1662843219744.jpeg
    7.4 KB · Views: 0
Early prelim action...
  • 2/1.68 DARIAN WEEKS -119
  • 3/1.79 MELISSA MARTINEZ -168
  • 2/0.85 ELISE REED / MELISSA MARTINEZ o2½ -234
  • 2/4.50 HEILI ALATENG KO,TKO,DQ,SUB +225
  • 2/3.70 NORMA DUMONT KO,TKO,DQ,SUB +185
616afa11203027084821d064.jpg

You think Holland has a shot? I’d love to see it but have a feeling he gets mauled….. unless he can drag it to the later rounds.

UFC 279: ESPN Prelims​

JAKE COLLIER VS CHRIS BARNETT
  • Collier Decision ...Collier is an obese specimen and lacks the athletic frame to climb the ladder, but he can box circles around the heavy-handed single-strikers of 265lbs. After missing weight again, red flags remain whether Barnett is in the right frame of mind to return to fighting so soon after his wife’s passing. Barnett’s unorthodox, explosive striking catches the eye, but it limits his path to victory against every opponent.
JAMIE PICKETT VS DENIS TIULIULIN
  • Pickett ...Pickett is a durable wrestle-boxer who, despite owning an imposing Middleweight physique, is often incapable of utilizing his athleticism. Tiuliulin carries good power that often fails to find the mark as a result of his messy, unorthodox technique. His consistent aggression may be the safest to back, but he is a terribly flawed fighter with a padded record. I’ll side with Pickett to find enough time early to find his feet.
JAILTON ALMEIDA(16-2) VS ANTON TURKALJ(8-0)
  • Almeida Sub Round 1 ...Almeida returns from Heavyweight back to 220lbs, a grey area where he should prove to be a physical beast. We are still yet to see how Almeida can manoeuver in the later rounds against UFC-level competition. Anton Turkalj is not proven UFC-calibre and fights like a man who's spent barely three years in an octagon, with his striking relying more on physicality than technique.
HAKEEM DAWODU(13-2-1) VS JULIAN EROSA(27-9) ~ Featherweight (145)
  • Dawodu ...Dawodu’s excellent distance control and timing offer sharp, natural counter-punching – but provide more often strong pieces rather than a cohesive game. Erosa could still win this through a typically gusty front-foot performance. The savy vet has ironed out more technical front-foot striking over his punishing career, yet his non-existent defense will leave short in a pure kickboxing affair on the outside. If Erosa is to win, he will have to eat a ton of punishment – never an easy side to back.
16452_2.jpg

[1-4 -8.15u]
  • 1/1.15 CHRIS BARNETT / JAKE COLLIER o2½ +115
  • 2/1.29 YES - ROUND 3 STARTS-CHRIS BARNETT / JAKE COLLIER -155
  • 5/3.91 JAMIE PICKETT -128
Wow, bad decision in the first fight, and Dumont was happy with the decision, never really went for the finish.

135442.jpg

[1-6 -16.15u]
  • 5/1.67 JAILTON ALMEIDA KO,TKO,DQ,SUB -300
  • 4/3.81 JAILTON ALMEIDA IN ROUND 1 -105
  • 3/1.49 HAKEEM DAWODU -202

Damn, one of them nights​

babes-in-bondage-09.jpg

UFC 279: Main Card​

JOHNNY WALKER(18-7) VS ION CUTELABA(16-7-1) ~ Light Heavyweight (205)
  • Walker KO ...Cutelaba, is consistent and can be expected to fly out the blocks early and gas himself chasing a finish. Walker may seem gun-shy since his move to SBG, without his greatest strength...unorthodox explosive striking, while his defense remains reliant upon the ‘tall-guy lean-back. Cutelaba takes big risks chasing an opponent’s head, however, which is always a dangerous prospect against such quickness. With the small but significant strides Walker has made in defensive grappling, I’ll ride with Walker surviving a torrid first round before growing in confidence and seizing control.
IRENE ALDANA(13-6) VS MACY CHIASSON(8-2) ~ Bantamweight (135)
  • Aldana Decision ...Chiasson’s technical inadequacies likely prove her undoing tonight. On the outside, Macy gets picked apart by the Mexican’s jab and may prove a nuisance to contain on the inside during the early stages. But once Aldana makes the necessary reads, she should gain control with her powerful right hand and settle into combinations in the pocket.
JINGLIANG LI(19-7) VS DANIEL RODRIGUEZ(16-2) ~ Catchweight (180)
  • Rodriguez ...The Leech is extremely durable on the feet, capable of digging deep in the late-rounds, and has refined his counter-striking over his career. D-Rod doesn’t have the fastest hands, but his superb accuracy will punish Li often at mid-range. If Li thinks he can bully the larger Rodriguez, the fight will not last long. Considering Rodriguez’s solid TDD, it’ll be difficult for Li to find takedowns if/when his striking falls apart.

43891_2.jpg

[3-7 -13.67u]
  • 4/6.60 JOHNNY WALKER +165
  • 2/4.50 JOHNNY WALKER KO,TKO,DQ,SUB +225
  • 2/1.08 MACY CHIASSON / IRENE ALDANA o2½ -186
  • 1.90/2 IRENE ALDANA DEC/TECH DEC +105

Irene-Aldana.jpg

140532.jpg

[6-8 -3.39u]
  • 1.23/2 JINGLIANG LI +162
  • 2.86/2 JINGLIANG LI / DANIEL RODRIGUEZ o2½ -143
Gonna flip to the Leech for the more proven vet, even undersized I think he'll present problems for D-Rod.

84731_2.jpg

UFC 279: Top of the Card​

NATE DIAZ VS TONY FERGUSON ~ Welterweight (170)
  • Diaz ...Tony did look better in the first round vs Chandler, than he has in nearly an hour of octagon time before that...but El Cucuy was iced hard at the start of the second round – breaking the aura surrounding his legendary chin. Moreso than any other fighter, Tony’s style has relied significantly on his confidence in his chin. We most likely see an extended war of attrition, with Diaz being favored down the stretch as the slightly less weathered fighter. I don’t expect either fighter to opt to go to the mat. In what could be both men’s final UFC fight, this has the foundations to be a fairytale ending for two legends.

KHAMZAT CHIMAEV(11-0) VS KEVIN HOLLAND(23-7) ~ Catchweight (180)
  • Chimaev ITD ...Mosy likely, this still remains a smash job. Weight cut issues, suspected medical troubles – whatever, it’s probably just hot air, Chimaev is a nightmare stylistic opponent for Holland. All of his known offensive skills were on display vs elite opposition in Gilbert Burns. Sharp boxing combinations, a lightning wrestling base, and clubbing top control. Of note, was Chimaev’s quick recovery and ability to overcome adversity. Not that it should matter against Holland, even in a supposed grudge match. Holland is yet to show his dominating striking at Welterweight as he did at Middleweight, instead walking down both Alex Oliveira and Tim Means in sloppy performances. That seems foolish against Chimaev, a fighter who will be looking to hug legs from the opening bell. Once cool heads prevail, this still appears a gimme from the UFC for their latest cash cow. I like Kevin but cannot find a reason for hope.

tgmdhCN.jpeg

[7-9 -2.62u]
  • 3/1.50 KHAMZAT CHIMAEV KO,TKO,DQ,SUB -200
  • 1.33/3 KHAMZAT CHIMAEV IN ROUND 1 +225
  • 1.07/4 KHAMZAT CHIMAEV IN ROUND 2 +375

Was tempted to take Kevin and I genuinely hope he wins...it's only money :bouncing:

1662867538816.jpeg

[9-10 +0.04u]
  • 2.40/3 NATE DIAZ +125

Battled back from down over 16u so it's a win no matter what, let's go Nate.
claphands.gif

Both are Original G's and I won't be upset if Tony wins, just hopefully they both show well. :verydrunk2:

141174.jpg

Back