2023 Royal Rumble

skanless13

Fly, Eagles, Fly!
Looks like everything pointing to a Cody win at the Rumble. Maybe a Rhea winning the women’s rumble. RR retaining for the 4568885335778965557888th day. And BB retaining I’m sure.

Anyone have any predictions or bets for this year’s rumble?

Oh and my boy Bray winning that pitch black match, whatever the F that is. Now does he win it as Bray, or as THE FIEND?

Always watch it every year, havent followed it super closely since attitude era, but the rumble is always worth it

need a sami win

Thanks for getting this thread started man...will post some random ramblings below...

This one will be interesting given that it is HHH's first time booking the Rumble on his own, so will he go with the obvious choice given the buildup and tailor made story, which is Cody defying the odds and standing tall at the end OR will he go in a different direction under the guise of "you never know what may happen".

The Alamodome is going to have up to 50k that night so you have to think about what final camera shot will have the biggest impact when all is said and done (you know the one where the Rumble winner points to the Wrestlemania sign while standing on the middle turnbuckle)...there are only a couple of guys who will make that moment special, and of course, one is Cody, but who else could pull it off? Before I continue, let me say that if the leaked stories about The Rock not being available due to other commitments is just a swerve, then of course he is the answer, discussion closed, nothing more to say, but I will assume that stuff is true, so won't include him here.

Sami would be a fun one, but not sure they would pull the trigger on that one given the Elimination Chamber is in Sami's hometown of Montreal and you know they have something planned there to move that angle forward. With that said, I would pop like Ralphie seeing that Red Ryder BB Gun if it were to happen. Who else? Brock vs Roman was Vince's thing, so H won't go back there yet another time, so most likely he will get eliminated by someone like Gunther or Bobby depending on which direction they want to go for Mania.

Randy Orton is my wildcard as if he is healthy and is a surprise entrant, his music hitting would cause a huge pop that would blow the roof off the dome, and him and Roman could have a fun program leading up to Mania, with RKO's for everyone along the way. Heard there were talks of Stone Cold making an appearance, but I don't think they would go that route at Mania although it would be a fun ride from a nostalgia standpoint. Guys like Edge, Boogz, Shinsuke and Riddle might return but neither is main event material for Mania. I also expect some unexpected surprises, and none of those will win of course, but I am sure a few will be a lot of fun as I enjoy seeing the legends at the Rumble. Would be cool if they could work out an agreement with NJPW and have someone like Okada or Hiroshi Tanahashi, but of course neither would win, but again, I would mark out if either walked through that curtain.

Oh yeah, for the women, I will be on Rhea (yes, that is a double entendre in every sense of the term as I can't put my finger on it, but wouldn't mind as she looks like she would be a fun time)

Sorry for the long winded post, but you guys know I am a wrestling historian who was blessed enough to live my dream for 10 years, so I can talk this stuff all day long and twice on Sunday, so thanks again for starting the thread!

Isn’t Rock booked and confirmed to win the Rumble?

My son asked Alexa this and she spoiled it…

Oh and my boy Bray winning that pitch black match, whatever the F that is. Now does he win it as Bray, or as THE FIEND?

Why can’t this guy hit the gym? His beer belly pisses me off and makes me think he’s lazy. Wrestle and work out. Repeat. Easy life.

Isn’t Rock booked and confirmed to win the Rumble?

My son asked Alexa this and she spoiled it…
Last word was that the Rock said he didn’t have enough time to get in ring ready shape given his movie, tv and xfl commitments but you never know if that was just to throw us off the scent or not haha.

Totally get what he is saying though as being ring ready is totally different than just being in good shape.

@carolinablue are you worried about that Saudis buying wwe? That would be it for me I think.
Nah….when you actually research how much the saudis are involved in stuff, kinda like how china is, it makes you realize the reality of the situation. With that said, I think it will be a streaming partner like NBC Universal but we shall see.

Last word was that the Rock said he didn’t have enough time to get in ring ready shape given his movie, tv and xfl commitments but you never know if that was just to throw us off the scent or not haha.

Totally get what he is saying though as being ring ready is totally different than just being in good shape.
Rock needs a win though, career wise, his last few movies haven't hit and he was made to look really bad, justifiably so with black adam and all the fallout with that

That's the argument I've seen for why it makes sense, also gotta think it's now or never for him too with it being in LA

Betting odds have cody and Sami as top 2, with the rock and stone cold a little but behind

Womens side has Rhea as a favorite, Becky a medium dog, and then everyone else way back

Betting odds have cody and Sami as top 2, with the rock and stone cold a little but behind

Womens side has Rhea as a favorite, Becky a medium dog, and then everyone else way back
I took Rhea -140 just now but they put max at 70 to win 50 so that’s what I did.

If I lose both it basically pays for all the money I will save doing wings and beer at my house instead of out somewhere, although these days places don’t show the events like they used to back in the day. Man I sound old!

If I lose both it basically pays for all the money I will save doing wings and beer at my house instead of out somewhere, although these days places don’t show the events like they used to back in the day. Man I sound old!
Ya, I'm gonna do some tomorrow just for fun

Its basically just what price of the ppv used to be anyway

Ya, I'm gonna do some tomorrow just for fun

Its basically just what price of the ppv used to be anyway
Yeah we do a $5 per number thing here at the house for both the men’s and women’s so fiancée and both boys put in $50 each total for 5 men’s and 5 women’s numbers. I double the pot on both and offer 50% back on losses to ensure full participation.

Actually gets everyone to drop in upstairs every now and then to see if their numbers have a shot and also allows me to watch the rumble without distractions haha

Rock needs a win though, career wise, his last few movies haven't hit and he was made to look really bad, justifiably so with black adam and all the fallout with that

That's the argument I've seen for why it makes sense, also gotta think it's now or never for him too with it being in LA
Pretty sure he will be just fine but I understand what you are saying. I will be shocked if he pulls off the XFL but again, even if it doesn’t work out, he will still be just fine.

Yeah we do a $5 per number thing here at the house for both the men’s and women’s so fiancée and both boys put in $50 each total for 5 men’s and 5 women’s numbers. I double the pot on both and offer 50% back on losses to ensure full participation.

Actually gets everyone to drop in upstairs every now and then to see if their numbers have a shot and also allows me to watch the rumble without distractions haha
I like that. Sounds fun

Rhea and Cody are great bets. Roman also is as close to a lock as u can get. It would make NO sense for RR to drop the belt at the Rumble. If I had more $ I’d honestly be comfortable dropping a couple hundred on him. It’s a lock. Can anyone make an argument for him dropping it?

Yes his brand is for sure tiring outside of the sport.

The fallout since the battle with Vin Diesel hurt both those guys brands

I like that. Sounds fun

Rhea and Cody are great bets. Roman also is as close to a lock as u can get. It would make NO sense for RR to drop the belt at the Rumble. If I had more $ I’d honestly be comfortable dropping a couple hundred on him. It’s a lock. Can anyone make an argument for him dropping it?
Roman is -5000 haha

Actually headed to NXT Vengeance Day next weekend as me and a couple buddies have 5th row on the floor and my girl agreed to drop all of us off uptown two hours before the show so we can get trashed before we head to the spectrum center.

Holy crap the odds on Rhea and Cody have blown up. Glad I grabbed these early. Both around-400 now. I grabbed at -140 both

Last edited:
Question. I Figure I'll Ask Here... Remember The Wrestlmania 2021. Bianca Belair vs Sasha Banks?!

Before The Match They Both Have A Tear In Their Eye, Looking At Each Other, Smiling...

I Think Bianca Belair Is Now Growing Too Big For Her Britches.

She Is Still Playing The Face, But I'm Feeling Like She's Now Getting Cocky,

And Not In A "I'm Turning Heel." Way... But Like...

Her Shit Don't Stink... Same Moves Every Match, Spanks Her Ass After A Good Move. IDK...

Maybe Just Me But Something Seems Off To Me. I'll Start By Asking @carolinablue But Please, ALL Let Me Know What You Think.

---Vapster

Question. I Figure I'll Ask Here... Remember The Wrestlmania 2021. Bianca Belair vs Sasha Banks?!

Before The Match They Both Have A Tear In Their Eye, Looking At Each Other, Smiling...

I Think Bianca Belair Is Now Growing Too Big For Her Britches.

She Is Still Playing The Face, But I'm Feeling Like She's Now Getting Cocky,

And Not In A "I'm Turning Heel." Way... But Like...

Her Shit Don't Stink... Same Moves Every Match, Spanks Her Ass After A Good Move. IDK...

Maybe Just Me But Something Seems Off To Me. I'll Start By Asking @carolinablue But Please, ALL Let Me Know What You Think.

---Vapster
Unfortunately they have dumbed down her character a bit to play up certain mannerisms but it isn’t because she is feeling a certain way, it’s how she is being produced. I actually wouldn’t mind seeing her and her husband Montez Ford turn heel one day as I think there is money with those two as arrogant heels because they are the ultimate genetically gifted couple that could go the whole empire route in my opinion.

Last edited:
I was hoping it was going to be the female championship title match. How do you start the show off with the Royal Rumble itself? How am I supposed to make dinner now

I was hoping it was going to be the female championship title match. How do you start the show off with the Royal Rumble itself? How am I supposed to make dinner now
Exactly. Had the night planned perfectly

Kansas basketball
Blackhawks hockey
Royal rumble

Mens rumble first means rocks coming imo in main event somehow
You might be right. There has to be a reason why you start off the show with the actual male Royal Rumble. Speaking of which seeing The Miz reminds me of John morrison. I hope he comes back tonight

Back