2022 NASCAR Thread

BAS put some more matchups out. I played these:

Logano -135 over Reddick (BAS)
Blaney -135 over Reddick (BAS)

It does not look like BM will put up any matchups.

This is what I have:

1 unit:

Logano -135 over Reddick (BAS)
Blaney -135 over Reddick (BAS)
Haley -120 over Burton (BAS)
Briscoe Top 10 -105 (Bovada)
Cindric Top 10 +130 (Bovada)

$20 on Blaney to win at BM +1500

Bristol:
Xfinity +2.0
Cup -3.95 units
Total -1.95 units

Nascar Total (2022):
Xfinity +14.87 units
Cup +58.44 units
Both +73.31 units

I played these before qualifying and practice for the Cup race:

1 unit:

Blaney +105 over Chastain (BAS)
Blaney +105 over Truex (BAS)
Almirola +145 over Austin Dillon (BAS)

I really don't understand the Almirola lines. He is also +145 over Keselowski and +145 over Buescher. Almirola failed inspection twice today, so he will lose pit selection. RKF Racing is getting better so I did not take Almirola against Keselowski or Buescher. Austin Dillon is out of the playoffs and probably checked out for the year, making tv shows.

Austin Dillon has a fast car. Both RCR cars are fast. My Almirola bet looks bad after practice and qualifying.

Keselowski is on the pole and both RFK Racing cars look good.

Bell did not look good and neither did Kyle Busch, who is probably mentally checked out since he is out of the playoffs and with him not resigning with JGR.

Still like Blaney over Chastain and Truex

I played these:

1 unit:
Keselowski Top 10 -120 (Bovada)
Austin Dillon Top 10 +170

0.5 units:
Buescher +300 over Blaney (Bovada) I like Blaney but I do not understand this line. It is +350 at DK.

I bet these:

1 unit:
Reddick -115 over Byron (Bovada)
Reddick -125 over Chastain (BAS)
Reddick -135 over Truex (BAS)
Bowman -115 over Bubba (BAS)
Bowman -110 over Byron (BAS)

I also bet out of my Almirola +145 over Austin Dillon bet by taking Dillon -125 over Almirola. Dillon is good at this track has a fast car from the start, which is usually not the case. I will net 0.20 units on this.

I added:

1 unit:
Harrison Burton +110 over Gragson (BAS)

Gragson has been running better than expected fill in this year. Burton had a good car in practice and qualified well for him. This was a good track for his father so maybe something will rub off on him too.

Last edited:
Here is what I have so far, waiting on BM and to see if any of the BAS lines move:

1 unit:

Blaney +105 over Chastain (BAS)
Almirola +145 over Austin Dillon & Austin Dillon -125 over Almirola (BAS) +0.20 units
Bowman -115 over Bubba (BAS)
Logano -115 over Chase Elliott (Bovada)

0.5 units:
Buescher +300 over Blaney (Bovada) I like Blaney but I do not understand this line. It is +350 at DK.

$20 Logano to win +1000 (BM)

I wanna bet against Kyle Busch because if something bad happens he will check out if he has not already and against Bell because he is getting a bunch of hype, but I could not find any good matchups against them. Maybe BM will have some. I also may add to my Blaney bets, he is due for good luck.

GL today. I'm done this year. Tired of watching guys i betc catch on fire and have engine issues. Cheap ass Ikea car.

Just have Logano at 14-1 to win the championship.

GL today. I'm done this year. Tired of watching guys i betc catch on fire and have engine issues. Cheap ass Ikea car.

Just have Logano at 14-1 to win the championship.
And blown tires, which was a big issue for the short All-Star race at Texas earlier this year and will be an issue today.

Also, if anyone knows of sites that have lots of NASCAR matchups and higher limits, let me know. I want to have more options for next year. I love the soft matchups on BAS but unless I bet before practice and qualifying and their lines move, it is hard for me to get a lot of money on those.

I have BM but they do not have as many matchups, but higher limits, and their lines move and is a good contrarian place for NASCAR matchups.

I also have Bovada which allows me to bet the Top 10s that DK has and they also have some offer Group winner bets that I sometimes like.

Anyway I do better at matchups and would like to know if anyone here uses sites that have lots of good NASCAR matchups with higher limits.

Also, if anyone knows of sites that have lots of NASCAR matchups and higher limits, let me know. I want to have more options for next year. I love the soft matchups on BAS but unless I bet before practice and qualifying and their lines move, it is hard for me to get a lot of money on those.

I have BM but they do not have as many matchups, but higher limits, and their lines move and is a good contrarian place for NASCAR matchups.

I also have Bovada which allows me to bet the Top 10s that DK has and they also have some offer Group winner bets that I sometimes like.

Anyway I do better at matchups and would like to know if anyone here uses sites that have lots of good NASCAR matchups with higher limits.
BetUS is $500

Screenshot_20220925-114812_Samsung Internet.jpg

Yeah, I see their matchups are the same as BAS. Their Top 10 odds suck.

Thanks, this will work. I can use BAS and BetUS for matchups, Bovada for Top 10s, and BM for contrarian plays and odds to win.
My bookie has similar but they're sketchy. You'll win right and they won't let you bet them anymore.

I added these:

1 unit:
Blaney -125 over Chastain (BetUS)
Bowman -115 over Bubba (BetUS)
Erik Jones -130 over Briscoe (BetUS)

Here is what I have:

2 units:
Blaney +105 & -125 over Chastain (BAS & BetUS)
Blaney -125 over Kyle Busch (BM)
Bowman -115 over Bubba (BAS & BetUS)

1 unit:

Almirola +145 over Austin Dillon & Austin Dillon -125 over Almirola (BAS) +0.20 units

0.5 units:

I think Kyle Busch has checked out. He is out of the playoffs. JGR did not resign him so he will be driving for someone else next year. It does not sound like the contract process was very enjoyable and it was drawn out mainly due to Ty Gibbs getting an early audition in the Cup series and doing well. To make things even worse, Busch's pit crew will be servicing Hamlin's car throughout the playoffs and Hamlin's crew has been an issue.

I think Elliott will take it easy today and hope for an average finish around 10th or so. He has a big lead in the playoffs and a road course will end this round of the playoffs and he has a good chance of winning that and moving on if needed.

Chastain is an aggressive driver which will not go well with what I think will be lots of tire issues today. I can say the same thing about Reddick and I bet him, FWIW.

Truex is done, unless he has a great car off the truck and it does not look like he does.

Bowman needs to pick up a lot of points today and I think he will.

Briscoe's car looks like trash after practice and qualifying and he needs to do well and may overdo it.

HaHa, Kyle Busch wrecks, immediately put his window net down, and says on the radio, "it is killed, right". He does not want to be in that car racing. They could fix that car if they wanted to. He drove it to pit road and behind the wall.

Here is what I have:

2 units:
Blaney +105 & -125 over Chastain (BAS & BetUS)
Blaney -125 over Kyle Busch (BM)

Bowman -115 over Bubba (BAS & BetUS)

1 unit:

0.5 units:

I think Kyle Busch has checked out. He is out of the playoffs. JGR did not resign him so he will be driving for someone else next year. It does not sound like the contract process was very enjoyable and it was drawn out mainly due to Ty Gibbs getting an early audition in the Cup series and doing well. To make things even worse, Busch's pit crew will be servicing Hamlin's car throughout the playoffs and Hamlin's crew has been an issue.

I think Elliott will take it easy today and hope for an average finish around 10th or so. He has a big lead in the playoffs and a road course will end this round of the playoffs and he has a good chance of winning that and moving on if needed.

Chastain is an aggressive driver which will not go well with what I think will be lots of tire issues today. I can say the same thing about Reddick and I bet him, FWIW.

Truex is done, unless he has a great car off the truck and it does not look like he does.

Bowman needs to pick up a lot of points today and I think he will.

Briscoe's car looks like trash after practice and qualifying and he needs to do well and may overdo it.
+6.0 units, 3 of the 4 guys I bet heavily on finished 1, 2, and 4.

Texas:
Xfinity
Cup +6.0 units
Total +6.0 units

Nascar Total (2022):
Xfinity +14.87 units
Cup +64.44 units
Both +79.31 units

Last edited:
Talladega this week, throwing darts and only betting even or +money.

I played these before practice and qualifying:

1 unit:
Austin Dillon +100 over Reddick (Bovada)

0.5 unit:
Austin Dillon to finish Top 10 +150 (Bovada)
Erik Jones to finish Top 10 +160 (Bovada)
McDowell to finish Top 10 +165 (Bovada)

Last edited:
BAS still has their matchups up during qualifying. Qualifying does not mean a lot at Talladega, but I played these:

1 unit:

Gragson -105 over Custer (BAS) Gragson is driving Bowman's car this week and is a good superspeedway racer. Gragson has speed, Custer does not.
Bell -115 over Kyle Busch (BAS) Fading Kyle as he does not want to be out there. Bell currently has the fastest qualifying lap.
Almirola -115 over Kyle Busch (BAS) Fading Kyle and Almirola is currently 3rd in qualifying. Almirola is good at Talledega.

Thinking about fading all of those in the playoffs that are near the cut line as I think they will all go for stage points which will increase the possibility that they wreck.

Added:

1 unit:
Hamlin -110 over Chase (BAS) Hamlin just put down a great lap in qualifying.

For some reason, Jeb Burton is +140 over Myatt Snider for the Xfinity race. Maybe I missed some news on Burton, but I took him +140 over Snider for 1 unit (BAS). I may add more.

Added:

1 unit:
Almirola Top 10 +150 (Bovada)

0.5 unit:
Erik Jones Top 10 +160 (Bovada) Now for total of 1 unit
Austin Dillon Top 10 +150 (Bovada) Now for total of 1 unit

Putting all of these in one place so I will have them all together tomorrow when the matchups come out. Should be able to get some +money matchups on BM tomorrow. Also, I may add to some of the below, if available.

1 unit:
Gragson -105 over Custer (BAS)
Bell -115 over Kyle Busch (BAS)
Almirola -115 over Kyle Busch (BAS)
Hamlin -110 over Chase (BAS)

0.5 unit:

Last edited:
I am bailing on my Logano +105 over Chase bet. I bet Chase -120 over Logano (BetUS) and will take a 0.15 unit loss.
I don't want to have so much against Chase when he is so consistent on Superspeedways and Logano is such a wildcard.

All bets:

2 units:
Hamlin -105 & -110 over Chase (BM & BAS)
Almirola -115 & +105 over Kyle Busch (BAS & BetUS)

1 unit:
Ty Dillon +100 over Burton (BAS)
Almirola +105 over Bell (BetUS)
Harvick +100 over Bell (BM)

0.5 unit:

Bailed on Logano over Chase -0.15 units

$10 lottery ticket on Haley to win +5000

All bets:

2 units:
Hamlin -105 & -110 over Chase (BM & BAS)
Almirola -115 & +105 over Kyle Busch (BAS & BetUS)

1 unit:
Ty Dillon +100 over Burton (BAS)
Almirola +105 over Bell (BetUS)
Harvick +100 over Bell (BM)

0.5 unit:

Bailed on Logano over Chase -0.15 units

$10 lottery ticket on Haley to win +5000
+4.37 units

I forgot to add that I played Hamlin over Almirola for Stage 1 -115 (Bovada) for 1 unit, which I won, but I will not add it to my record since I did not post it.

Talladega:
Xfinity +1.4 units
Cup +4.37 units
Total +5.77 units

Nascar Total (2022):
Xfinity +16.27 units
Cup +68.81 units
Both +85.08 units

I placed a lot of pre-qualifying and pre-practice bets:

2 units:
Logano over Hamlin +100 & -105 (BAS & Bovada)

1 unit:
Byron -115 over Bell (Bovada)
McDowell -125 over Kyle Busch (Bovada)
McDowell -105 over Harvick (BAS)
McDowell -105 over Truex (BAS)
Haley +140 over Bubba (BAS)
Buescher -110 over Briscoe (BAS)
Buescher +130 over Hamlin (BAS)
McDowell to win Group E over Truex, Harvick, and Kyle Busch +255 (Bovada)

0.5 unit:
McDowell Top 10 +120 (Bovada)
Buescher Top 10 -115 (Bovada)

Heavy on McDowell and Buescher. Both have been really good on road courses this year. Buescher has finished 9, 10, 6, 2, and 21 on road course races this year. McDowell has finished 6, 8, 8, 3, and 13 on road course races this year.

Against Kyle Busch, Harvick, and Truex because they have checked out for the year. Busch out of the playoffs and changing teams. Truex out of the playoffs and out hunting every day. Harvick out of the playoffs, fined for cheating, and in battles with NASCAR. If any of these 3 show up with a great car maybe they will try but otherwise, they could care less.

Against Hamlin who has been average on road courses this year with finishes of 20, 14, 17, 31, and 18.

Against Bubba who is not good on road courses with finishes of 35, 5, 35, 36, and 38 this year. I expect him to be somewhat better basically using Kurt Busch's equipment this week but not that much better.

I took Byron over Bell because Bell basically needs to win to advance in the playoffs and I think he will try too hard. Byron just needs to run a steady race to advance thanks to NASCAR reversing his punishment for spinning out Hamlin.

Also, the Toyota cars have not been good on road courses this year, which will help with my bets against Hamlin, Busch, Bell, and Truex.

Last edited:
Practice and qualifying went pretty much as expected. Buescher looks like he has an average car, he qualified 21st, so maybe I have overestimated him. On the other hand, Truex qualified 19th, Kyle Busch qualified 20th, and Harvick qualified 22nd all qualified midpack which I was hoping for.

I added these:

1 unit:
McDowell -125 over Kyle Busch (Bovada) I now have 2 units on this

0.5 unit:
McDowell -110 over Truex (BetUS) I now have 1.5 units on this
McDowell Top 10 +120 (Bovada) I now have 1 unit on this

I added these:

1 unit:
McDowell -125 over Kyle Busch (Bovada) I now have 3 units on this
Cindric +120 over Blaney (BM)

Waiting on some see if some of the Allmendinger matchups keep on moving on BM

I added these:

1 unit:
McDowell -125 over Kyle Busch (Bovada) I now have 3 units on this
Cindric +120 over Blaney (BM)

Waiting on some see if some of the Allmendinger matchups keep on moving on BM
I couldn't find a McDowell over Busch. But found one for him over Truex. So blame me if that loses.

More more unit on:

McDowell -125 over Kyle Busch (Bovada) I now have 4 units on this

McDowell on road courses this year: 6, 8, 8, 3, 13

Kyle Busch on road courses this year: 32, 11, 29, 30, 28

Busch cannot wait for this race to be over so he can head home.

Back