2022 CFL Schedule Released

There are some pretty major changes there.

Moving the hash marks in will definitely improve offensive output by opening up the wide side for more plays...I'm totally in favour of that.

OTOH, making every no yards penalty a 15 yarder is fucking stupid. Considering how inconsistently the rule is applied its pretty unfair to assess 15 yards every time.

The other one I hate is moving kickoffs back 5 yards and starting position after FGs up 5 yards. That and the no yards thing do nothing to improve offensive output which was the stated goal of the ruled committee. All they do is shorten the field.

I suppose I should be happy that commissioner Shambrosie didn't do anything truly radical because he really is that clueless. We'll be lucky if the CFL survives his shambolic tenure.

What the league should be doing, if Ambrosie could get his head out of his ass for a minute, is finding ways to reduce the number of penalties and the effect of them on the game. Penalties have killed the game's entertainment value more than anything. Its so bad you don't even bother cheering for big plays anymore, you look for the flag instead.

The NFL had this same problem and listened to its fans and found ways to reduce the effect of penalties on the game. The CFL should do the same.

What the league should be doing, if Ambrosie could get his head out of his ass for a minute, is finding ways to reduce the number of penalties and the effect of them on the game. Penalties have killed the game's entertainment value more than anything. Its so bad you don't even bother cheering for big plays anymore, you look for the flag instead.

The NFL had this same problem and listened to its fans and found ways to reduce the effect of penalties on the game. The CFL should do the same.
I do like the eye in the sky ref expanded for quick reviews

Also ref on each sideline with a headset

I guess the real question is how will these changes affect totals. Seems like they would have to trend up but they should be trending up anyway just by virtue of having a preseason this year.

We might get some good value as the books struggle to adjust

Some draft props trickling out. I was hoping maybe Tyrell Richards for 1st overall could be had for -200 of less but its -500. I guess it just makes too much sense with him being exactly the type of player Chris Jones loves. Can play DE, LB or S. Like a Tobi Antigha with a higher ceiling. As sure as it looks I can't bet it because of Chris Jones' tendency to do the opposite of what people expect.

Cory philpots kids going top 10 is pretty cool
Yeah nice to see although in an ordinary draft year I doubt they would've been considered 1st round talent. They are both polished and run good routes but neither has a lot of speed.

And if that dunderhead Ambrosie has his way, the ratio will be gone so they may never see the field.

As unbelievable as it may seem, we are pretty close to having training camps delayed by the lack of a CBA and the CFL's ridiculous opening offer and refusal to meet further. Just like every year I want to be excited for football but the news is filled with CFL ownership shooting itself in the dick instead.

Yeah nice to see although in an ordinary draft year I doubt they would've been considered 1st round talent. They are both polished and run good routes but neither has a lot of speed.

And if that dunderhead Ambrosie has his way, the ratio will be gone so they may never see the field.

As unbelievable as it may seem, we are pretty close to having training camps delayed by the lack of a CBA and the CFL's ridiculous opening offer and refusal to meet further. Just like every year I want to be excited for football but the news is filled with CFL ownership shooting itself in the dick instead.
Ya I was going to say the edmonton tre ford thing is massive because having a non import QB is such an advantage, but may not matter in a few years

Naylor said today that every non alberta/montreal team will be able to strike by this sunday legally, with those 3 ready a few days later

Ambrosie is acting like hes operating from a position of strength, with the fans and the players, I dont get it. Also sounds like he wants players in camp, and then to try and jam something down their throat

Ambrosie is acting like hes operating from a position of strength, with the fans and the players, I dont get it. Also sounds like he wants players in camp, and then to try and jam something down their throat
Yes that's exactly what the league is doing. Create a crisis and then try to force a compromise that suits the league. I get that the league's opening move is a negotiating tactic but the offer is so bad, I think its fair to say the league is bargaining in bad faith. No salary cap increases for 10 years and a complete elimination of the ratio are both designed to be rejected.

Normally I can see both sides but I stand 100% with the PA here.

We’ve seen this movie a thousand times. The Riders will show so much promise then absolutely stink it up in the playoffs.
You sure sound like the typical rider fan

I actually think they have a decent chance of winning it all this year. If they can get their secondary straightened out, they should be the fav to win the west

You sure sound like the typical rider fan

I actually think they have a decent chance of winning it all this year. If they can get their secondary straightened out, they should be the fav to win the west
I gotta get to that Grey cup week actually

Last time
Ok I’m looking at hotels and there’s nothing besides places in moose jaw
Regina is a small city and doesn't have the hotel capacity for an event this size. Last time they had a home stay program where you could stay with a local for $50 a night. I stayed with a family that had a smokin hot daughter but the dad was a cop with the RCMP

Last time

Regina is a small city and doesn't have the hotel capacity for an event this size. Last time they had a home stay program where you could stay with a local for $50 a night. I stayed with a family that had a smokin hot daughter but the dad was a cop with the RCMP
Hahahaha are you fucking serious? I’ll look up Airbnb options.

RSW numbers released..

Regular Season Wins - Calgary Stampeders​

Over 9.5-133
Under 9.5+105

Regular Season Wins - Saskatchewan Roughriders​

Over 9.5-133
Under 9.5+105

Regular Season Wins - Ottawa Redblacks​

Over 7.5-116
Under 7.5-104

Regular Season Wins - Toronto Argonauts​

Over 9.5-116
Under 9.5-104

Regular Season Wins - Winnipeg Blue Bombers​

Over 11.5-116
Under 11.5-104

Regular Season Wins - Hamilton Tiger-Cats​

Under 10.5-116
Over 10.5-104

Regular Season Wins - British Columbia Lions​

Under 6.5-111
Over 6.5-111

Regular Season Wins - Edmonton Elks​

Under 6.5-111
Over 6.5-111

Regular Season Wins - Montreal Alouettes​

Under 8.5-111
Over 8.5-111

I hit Sask over 9.5 for the max. I honestly think they give WPG a run for the top of the division. They haven't gone under 9 wins since 2016 with the exception of the 14 game season last year.

Lions a complete stay away for me

Just no clue how the qb play is going to go, even with improvements made on both sides or the ball

West could be really top heavy if edmonton is bad and bc struggles

Lions a complete stay away for me

Just no clue how the qb play is going to go, even with improvements made on both sides or the ball

West could be really top heavy if edmonton is bad and bc struggles
Yeah Rourke is a big question mark. He looked completely unready when pressed into starting the first game but then looked great starting the final game of the season. Of course I think it was vs an opponent that had no reason to play.

I think Edmonton could be the worst team in the league. Who will QB them? They have already tried to deal Arbuckle with no success. Chris Jones was talking like JT Barrett had the inside track but he just lefgt the team so who's left? Taylor Cornelius? Cardale Jones? I just don't see a QB there. Not to mention they way overpaid for Kenny Lawler so they will have cap issues too.

Calgary is a bit oof an unknown too. I'm not sure Bo is Bo anymore after a couple shoulder surgeries.

Well looks like its a strike. I really can't blame the CFLPA. It seems the sides have gotten closer but not close enough.

If we miss training camp or another preseason the quality of play can only decline.

Interestingly the Alberta teams are not in a legal strike position for another 3 days so it looks like they will at least have a few days of camp. Tht could be something worth remembering depending on how things play out.

So Bighill will be picketing outside IG Field and is asking fans to join him. I'm not sure I've ever seen that in a players strike. #onlyintheCFL

I'm picturing Bighill with an acoustic guitar strumming woody guthrie songs to fire up the union boys. "you can't scare me, I'm sticking to the union, I'm sticking to the union 'til the day I die..."

Interestingly, the starting ratio is not being eliminated but going up to 8 players from 7 and one can be a nationalized american. Its gets complicated from there so it'll take a while to figure out but at least we still have a ratio. Its one of the best advantages we have in capping this league.

I've always been a fan of the idea of having a few nationalized americans. It rewards players for sticking with the same team which helps continuity.

On the downside I'm hearing the 2023 season could be starting up to 3 weeks earlier. I really really don't like that. I have no desire to go to May football games.

eta...the ratio changes only come into effect in 2023 so its business as usual this season.

I'm starting to feel like Calgary under 9.5 wins is worth a bet. Bo says he's as healthy as he's ever been but he's said that the last 2 seasons as well and it didn't look that way. And last season I said that he is one of those QBs who makes his receivers better, but I'm starting to think its the other way around. He had always had a good corps around him until last year and without guys like Eric Rogers to bail him out, he didn't look like the old Bo. Their receivers group doesn't look much better. Add in the fact that their OL was stripped bare in free agency and he may be in even more trouble this year.

Its hard to go against this organization though. Never underestimate Hufnagel's ability to find talent and Dikenson's ability to coach em up.

I'm starting to feel like Calgary under 9.5 wins is worth a bet. Bo says he's as healthy as he's ever been but he's said that the last 2 seasons as well and it didn't look that way. And last season I said that he is one of those QBs who makes his receivers better, but I'm starting to think its the other way around. He had always had a good corps around him until last year and without guys like Eric Rogers to bail him out, he didn't look like the old Bo. Their receivers group doesn't look much better. Add in the fact that their OL was stripped bare in free agency and he may be in even more trouble this year.

Its hard to go against this organization though. Never underestimate Hufnagel's ability to find talent and Dikenson's ability to coach em up.
Hate Bo Callahan

Other than Sask over 9.5 and Calgary under 9.5 I don't see any other season win bets worth taking. I hope more books come out with these soon so I can get some decent money down.

Back