• PICK CLUB WEEK #1 LINES ARE POSTED!

2022 BAR College Football Thoughts and Analysis Thread...

B.A.R.

CTG Partner
Staff member
The summer has flown by and here we are in the midst of preparing for another college football season here at CTG...

This will be out 17th season at the site, and wow, just typing that makes me feel extremely old. The excitement is always high though and I personally cannot wait to get things kicked off here in just a few days!

So, my yearly pledge is to get as much posted in here as possible. I state it each year, and likely fail, but I think I'll have a better shot this season. The LIVE betting aspect is the hard part. We all want to post as quickly as possible when it comes to those in-game plays. With that being said, first and foremost is getting the plays in for ourselves then posting as quickly as possible. Each season brings an evolution of gambling. Looking back 5-7 years ago, team totals were still semi-soft but nowadays they put out some sharp numbers and really juice up certain teams. So, we adjust. Years back, sides became a lot more difficult and situational capping seemed to change a bit. Then, it seemed to come back the last few years (at times). Again, these are my own observations. With that all being said, my gameplan this year is basically to keep things simple. I won't be playing a heavy number of plays. I may even not play a few weeks in particular. Looking back at the past few years I know when and where I can be successful with this sport. I also know when I basically am using the roll as entertainment money, and that needs to be tightened up a little bit.

You will get most of my B16 thoughts in our weekly thread. This one will be used for tracking purposes and general discussion and banter.

I can say, there are so many futures that I have pondered, but I am going to keep things simple for now. I am still looking at a few more if/when the prices are where I would like them...I'll list with dates played...

MNC Winner - Texas AM +1600 (January 14th)
MNC Winner - Michigan +3300 (January 29th)
RSW Michigan Over 9.5 -105 (May 31st)
2 units
RSW Utah Over 9 -110 (July 1st) 3 units
Heisman - Caleb Williams +900 (June 22nd) 1.5 units
Heisman - Jaxon Smith- Njigba +2800 (August 16th) 0.5 units
Heisman - Bijan Robinson +2800 (August 16th) 0.5 units

Now, some thoughts here...

So, the best thing I did last college football season was bet on the Georgia Bulldogs mid-January of 2021 to win the National Championship. I played two units on the stinking bet and it won (small hedge in-game fwiw). Well, as well know, garnering any value for championship odds is tough in CFB. So, I decided to press my luck and toss a unit on the Aggies despite the QB situation. Everything else matches up nicely for them in my opinion to have a chance. Arkansas and Miami are both at Kyle in September. They know they can beat the Tide, and that will determine a lot in early October. Do I think this is realistic? No. But funnier things have happened.

Next, we will address the 'homer' bet. The schedule sets up nicely for Michigan to have a playoff quarterfinal November 26th in the Shoe. The offense is loaded, and the defense has a chance to be pretty good. That is the question, how good will the defense be? We shall see but JH usually isn't tossing out Kool-Aid like he has so far in camp. We shall see. I expect they will be 10-1 come The Game. Of course, better odds are out there now, but what can you do? I generally don't toss these types of bets out pre-season, but this is more of a fun bet than anything else.

Now, the RSW bet on Michigan I really like. Again, they finally learned to not schedule a tough opponent early (a lot of this is due to the changing schedules around the country). This is a perfect opportunity to grow as a team before the season really starts in Iowa City (although Hunt likes Maryland to beat them in late September). Michigan gets PSU and MSU at home in October. The Iowa game is likely a noon start, which helps a lot. Nebraska in mid-November is also at home. Will they drop one before OSU? Most likely. I still like this price and think the play is solid.

Utah is a team that many really like around the gambling space. That does scare me a bit, but I think we will be alright. This particular RSW should push at worst, in my estimation. I think 10-11 wins is definitely attainable. Now, if they lose in the swamp early, I will not panic. I don't think that happens though. USC at Rice-Eccles in mid-October is a huge game in the overall scheme. I expect a win, and then probably a loss on a Thursday 12 days later to Wazzou (half-kidding). I won't quite hype them for a playoff bid, I simply see 10-2 at the minimum.

Let us talk Caleb Williams now. We know how talented this guy is and the unique situation of transferring WITH your coach is present here. He has all the tools to be a Heisman candidate. What is the drawback? Well, he is playing on the West Coast. He'll need 9-10 team wins. You want to cap how Riley will do in his first season record-wise as well. Other than the aforementioned Utah game, this schedule is weak till November. That means, we could see some nice stats and get some W's and the hype machine going. What else do I like? Caleb will have basically his last 4 games as SHOWCASE games...

Friday night home game vs Colorado (National TV)
Rivalry game vs UCLA the next week
Notre Dame on Thanksgiving Weekend
Possible P12 Championship game

So, that month of games will help off-set the West Coast issue.

I wanted to play this much earlier but couldn't get a number down on him. I played this for a bit more than the standard...

Two more Heisman plays...

I will say that at the end of last year JSN was quickly becoming the scariest of the trio at Ohio State. That is no disrespect to Wilson and Olave, we simply have to admire that trio in full. We know the drawbacks to this bet... they have three guys who could split votes. Henderson may end up being the better candidate (I am dismissing Stroud). I just think the value here is pretty darn good. This is a half-unit play.

Texas is back, again, right? This team will be fun and maddening at the same time. Looks like goldilocks is getting the nod at QB. Worthy is a stud outside, but this team will be at their best feeding Bijan. To bet a running back for Heisman, you are looking for huge numbers and plenty of TV games. Well, this sets up well. Again, this is a half unit but solid value in my estimation.

That is all, for now. My favorite play of all these is the UTAH RSW.

In-season betting on the Heisman may happen, everything is fluid.

The only way I see any more MNC bets would be a top tier team losing in September, setting up some value....

Now, game plays have been in the mix for a few months now...

Ohio State -13.5 -110 2 units (May 15th-ish)
Utah over 53 -110 3 units (June 28th)

Yes, The OSU number is stale. I have posted this in a few threads though during the spring and summer. The number went as high as 15.5 and settled back at 14.5. You'll likely see me have more on TT's in this game than the side. I lean over at this point as the new Buckeyes defense will still be adjusting. They simply need to give up 14 for this to hit (Ohio State gets 45 in this game). I think they blow out Freeman and Co pretty easily. They have the bulletin board material as well. More to come on this game....

Utah and Florida will be one of the more interesting games of a pretty dull Saturday to open the season. The Utes should score consistently while Florida will get some as well. Right now, I see something like 35-24 Utes, and that would be a heckuva start for the RSW.

As far as this Saturday, I have one I am looking at but likely only play LIVE. The following week is when the brain wants you to bet anything and everything, but I think the week will be pretty light for me. I am looking hard at one other total currently...

As we get into the fall, please remember that we are running some fun, annual contests here at CTG!

Once again, we present the CFB Underdog Contest -- Click here for details!

Everyone's favorite capper, @s--k does a weekly pick'em(Click here for details) that is a lot of fun. I personally will pay out a prize for 1st place with a solid turnout!

Our longest running contest is back! NFL SURVIVOR

THESE ARE ALL CASH CONTESTS -- FREE TO SIGN-UP.

All we ask is that you take a peek at our main sponsors. To be successful gambling, you need to have multiple outs. Now, that can be a mix of US, offshore and local books. Whatever it takes for YOU to get the best prices. We have excellent relationships at these places if you have any issues and can generally help fix most problems (not all, most). They help with the contests and paying the bills.

Nice bonuses right now as we head into fall...

BETONLINE -100% CRYPTO BONUS

BOOKMAKER - 500.00 CASH BONUS

BOVADA - 500.00 WELCOME BONUS

Utes favored over FLA is all the capping you should need. Them v USC should be marketed well if the stars align.

17 seasons... :holycow:

Seems like a lifetime ago, and it kinda is. Will give you a call or text one of these days to hopefully catch up some.

The summer has flown by and here we are in the midst of preparing for another college football season here at CTG...

This will be out 17th season at the site, and wow, just typing that makes me feel extremely old. The excitement is always high though and I personally cannot wait to get things kicked off here in just a few days!

So, my yearly pledge is to get as much posted in here as possible. I state it each year, and likely fail, but I think I'll have a better shot this season. The LIVE betting aspect is the hard part. We all want to post as quickly as possible when it comes to those in-game plays. With that being said, first and foremost is getting the plays in for ourselves then posting as quickly as possible. Each season brings an evolution of gambling. Looking back 5-7 years ago, team totals were still semi-soft but nowadays they put out some sharp numbers and really juice up certain teams. So, we adjust. Years back, sides became a lot more difficult and situational capping seemed to change a bit. Then, it seemed to come back the last few years (at times). Again, these are my own observations. With that all being said, my gameplan this year is basically to keep things simple. I won't be playing a heavy number of plays. I may even not play a few weeks in particular. Looking back at the past few years I know when and where I can be successful with this sport. I also know when I basically am using the roll as entertainment money, and that needs to be tightened up a little bit.

You will get most of my B16 thoughts in our weekly thread. This one will be used for tracking purposes and general discussion and banter.

I can say, there are so many futures that I have pondered, but I am going to keep things simple for now. I am still looking at a few more if/when the prices are where I would like them...I'll list with dates played...

MNC Winner - Texas AM +1600 (January 14th)
MNC Winner - Michigan +3300 (January 29th)
RSW Michigan Over 9.5 -105 (May 31st)
2 units
RSW Utah Over 9 -110 (July 1st) 3 units
Heisman - Caleb Williams +900 (June 22nd) 1.5 units
Heisman - Jaxon Smith- Njigba +2800 (August 16th) 0.5 units
Heisman - Bijan Robinson +2800 (August 16th) 0.5 units

Now, some thoughts here...

So, the best thing I did last college football season was bet on the Georgia Bulldogs mid-January of 2021 to win the National Championship. I played two units on the stinking bet and it won (small hedge in-game fwiw). Well, as well know, garnering any value for championship odds is tough in CFB. So, I decided to press my luck and toss a unit on the Aggies despite the QB situation. Everything else matches up nicely for them in my opinion to have a chance. Arkansas and Miami are both at Kyle in September. They know they can beat the Tide, and that will determine a lot in early October. Do I think this is realistic? No. But funnier things have happened.

Next, we will address the 'homer' bet. The schedule sets up nicely for Michigan to have a playoff quarterfinal November 26th in the Shoe. The offense is loaded, and the defense has a chance to be pretty good. That is the question, how good will the defense be? We shall see but JH usually isn't tossing out Kool-Aid like he has so far in camp. We shall see. I expect they will be 10-1 come The Game. Of course, better odds are out there now, but what can you do? I generally don't toss these types of bets out pre-season, but this is more of a fun bet than anything else.

Now, the RSW bet on Michigan I really like. Again, they finally learned to not schedule a tough opponent early (a lot of this is due to the changing schedules around the country). This is a perfect opportunity to grow as a team before the season really starts in Iowa City (although Hunt likes Maryland to beat them in late September). Michigan gets PSU and MSU at home in October. The Iowa game is likely a noon start, which helps a lot. Nebraska in mid-November is also at home. Will they drop one before OSU? Most likely. I still like this price and think the play is solid.

Utah is a team that many really like around the gambling space. That does scare me a bit, but I think we will be alright. This particular RSW should push at worst, in my estimation. I think 10-11 wins is definitely attainable. Now, if they lose in the swamp early, I will not panic. I don't think that happens though. USC at Rice-Eccles in mid-October is a huge game in the overall scheme. I expect a win, and then probably a loss on a Thursday 12 days later to Wazzou (half-kidding). I won't quite hype them for a playoff bid, I simply see 10-2 at the minimum.

Let us talk Caleb Williams now. We know how talented this guy is and the unique situation of transferring WITH your coach is present here. He has all the tools to be a Heisman candidate. What is the drawback? Well, he is playing on the West Coast. He'll need 9-10 team wins. You want to cap how Riley will do in his first season record-wise as well. Other than the aforementioned Utah game, this schedule is weak till November. That means, we could see some nice stats and get some W's and the hype machine going. What else do I like? Caleb will have basically his last 4 games as SHOWCASE games...

Friday night home game vs Colorado (National TV)
Rivalry game vs UCLA the next week
Notre Dame on Thanksgiving Weekend
Possible P12 Championship game

So, that month of games will help off-set the West Coast issue.

I wanted to play this much earlier but couldn't get a number down on him. I played this for a bit more than the standard...

Two more Heisman plays...

I will say that at the end of last year JSN was quickly becoming the scariest of the trio at Ohio State. That is no disrespect to Wilson and Olave, we simply have to admire that trio in full. We know the drawbacks to this bet... they have three guys who could split votes. Henderson may end up being the better candidate (I am dismissing Stroud). I just think the value here is pretty darn good. This is a half-unit play.

Texas is back, again, right? This team will be fun and maddening at the same time. Looks like goldilocks is getting the nod at QB. Worthy is a stud outside, but this team will be at their best feeding Bijan. To bet a running back for Heisman, you are looking for huge numbers and plenty of TV games. Well, this sets up well. Again, this is a half unit but solid value in my estimation.

That is all, for now. My favorite play of all these is the UTAH RSW.

In-season betting on the Heisman may happen, everything is fluid.

The only way I see any more MNC bets would be a top tier team losing in September, setting up some value....

Now, game plays have been in the mix for a few months now...

Ohio State -13.5 -110 2 units (May 15th-ish)
Utah over 53 -110 3 units (June 28th)

Yes, The OSU number is stale. I have posted this in a few threads though during the spring and summer. The number went as high as 15.5 and settled back at 14.5. You'll likely see me have more on TT's in this game than the side. I lean over at this point as the new Buckeyes defense will still be adjusting. They simply need to give up 14 for this to hit (Ohio State gets 45 in this game). I think they blow out Freeman and Co pretty easily. They have the bulletin board material as well. More to come on this game....

Utah and Florida will be one of the more interesting games of a pretty dull Saturday to open the season. The Utes should score consistently while Florida will get some as well. Right now, I see something like 35-24 Utes, and that would be a heckuva start for the RSW.

As far as this Saturday, I have one I am looking at but likely only play LIVE. The following week is when the brain wants you to bet anything and everything, but I think the week will be pretty light for me. I am looking hard at one other total currently...

As we get into the fall, please remember that we are running some fun, annual contests here at CTG!

Once again, we present the CFB Underdog Contest -- Click here for details!

Everyone's favorite capper, @s--k does a weekly pick'em(Click here for details) that is a lot of fun. I personally will pay out a prize for 1st place with a solid turnout!

Our longest running contest is back! NFL SURVIVOR

THESE ARE ALL CASH CONTESTS -- FREE TO SIGN-UP.

All we ask is that you take a peek at our main sponsors. To be successful gambling, you need to have multiple outs. Now, that can be a mix of US, offshore and local books. Whatever it takes for YOU to get the best prices. We have excellent relationships at these places if you have any issues and can generally help fix most problems (not all, most). They help with the contests and paying the bills.

Nice bonuses right now as we head into fall...

BETONLINE -100% CRYPTO BONUS

BOOKMAKER - 500.00 CASH BONUS

BOVADA - 500.00 WELCOME BONUS

Nice read.

This is a great site. Never gets old saying so. Chock full of great info with very little petty bullshit and nonsense.

Last edited:
Great read.

This is a great site. Never gets old saying so. Chock full of great info with very little petty bullshit and nonsense.

By far the best of the bunch! The quantity of good/great posters worth reading and discussing ideas with compared to useless Mfers who litter the interweb is insanely high here! Might not have the numbers but the quality is second to none! Ya’ll are awesome!! Back when I posted other places I was always selective about which ppl I would suggest coming here!! Even more amazing is the few times I had the worthless type follow me over to troll the mods squashed those losers within 10-20 useless post!! So many good guys here I stopped posting anywhere else few years back and have never felt the need to post/read other forums.

Only drawback is I wish more of ya’ll were into baseball!

Maryland isn't beating Michigan
I agree, obviously. Michigan should and will score at will here. This is a good test for the defense, no doubt. With a big game the week after, I can see this being close for a while before really pulling away.

17 seasons... :holycow:

Seems like a lifetime ago, and it kinda is. Will give you a call or text one of these days to hopefully catch up some.
Sounds good John. Hopefully get some time next week to chat, been too long.

Pretty wild to look back at that many years. I'll still never forget that first fall, I am not exaggerating when I say more than half the site had winning years. That was a perfect storm and really got the place going. The fall of 2006 was a top 2-3 year for me in CFB regular season betting and likely the most fun I had. Ah, the Pat White and Steve Slaton years, hehe.

Good, good times back then...

I didn't discuss in the thread earlier but look for me to be involved somehow, someway in a GT tt under on Labor Day.

I think I have bleached the bad memory from a few years ago away...

I asked in the discussion thread... who hammered under in UF-Utah? RAS?

I didn't discuss in the thread earlier but look for me to be involved somehow, someway in a GT tt under on Labor Day.

I think I have bleached the bad memory from a few years ago away...

I asked in the discussion thread... who hammered under in UF-Utah? RAS?
Tailgate tent

Desmond was too busy thinking about what album to change behind him. Every shot they showed he had a different record on display. Everyone knows Kind of Blue is THE Miles Davis album and if he wanted an underappreciated cult follower type he'd pick Bitches Brew. But he tried out thinking the room looking for attention on both the Miles Davis LP that he may or may not actually listen to and obviously the playoff picks.

Michigan/Colorado St 1H o34.5 -105 2 units
Michigan/Colorado St o62 -110
Yep played over 58.5 earlier but don’t think it matters, Michigan should flirt with 50. Small bets on bell td +114 (narrative play) and corum over 105.5 (blowout risk obviously but hoping for 14+ carries)

Yep played over 58.5 earlier but don’t think it matters, Michigan should flirt with 50. Small bets on bell td +114 (narrative play) and corum over 105.5 (blowout risk obviously but hoping for 14+ carries)
One or both RBs get over 100 imo (Edwards easily combined with receiving yards).

Great play with Bell, imo. He's been #1 all camp and looks better than ever. He and Cade have a good chemistry as well.

I don't mind missing out on a few points here, I see 70 or so...

52-21

31-7 at half.

One more on the Rocky Top game...

Tennessee -10 1Q -105

This is available at 9.5 -125/135 as well.

14-0 seems correct here.

Like the play but made the move due to confidence of Vols experts @CANT COMPLAIN and @ProV1Colt

Hendon Hooker TDs over 2.5 -150
This is going to lose as he is on the bench but I would think about this again.

They were in situations where running the ball in was the wise move. I thought he might get something via broken tackles, etc but that didn't happen.

Fair enough.

Tennessee TT o51.5 -115 2 units
This one is still up in the air.

My feeling here is come HT I would have options.

One out wouldn't even post a 2h/live TT.

Betonline was stubborn with a 55.5 (17.5 2h) at the break. With a 13.5/28 2h number that just is way off. Therefore, I layed off... and will hope they break one at some point...

(or score on that drive that seemed dead --WINNER)

Adding...

Penn State/Purdue 2h o26.5 2 units

awful end to 1h, but with this margin I think this opens up a bit more...

Adding...

Penn State/Purdue 2h o26.5 2 units

awful end to 1h, but with this margin I think this opens up a bit more...
Not sure how I missed Cliff injury. Many in my same position.

Gonna wait n see but likely hedge/middle.

Currently right on the #.

I'll take the results yesterday, but definitely feel fortunate. Even the late night 2h play (posted in in-game) was pure luck.

So, might as well chalk it up tonight ..

Peyton Thorne o1.5 TDs -200

Lost both the 1h plays in AA...

Cade in RZ is automatically a FG most times.

The plan was to go more on 2h over if this was lower scoring ... But the defense is all over the place and offense not clicking at all (plus OL injuries).

Take the medicine here and hopefully finish strong with the other plays.

Back