*** 2021 Recruiting Thread ***

QB Drake Maye flips from Alabama to UNC. Not unexpected given all of his family's ties to Chapel Hill. Wonder what direction we go in, though not overly concerned with Bryce Young on campus

Never relax when Mack Brown is after a recruit. He's been a great recruiter his whole career.

Interesting though the kid is willing to go against a kid who was a star when he was a freshman and will be there two more years. Good sign he's ready to to compete.

Never relax when Mack Brown is after a recruit. He's been a great recruiter his whole career.

Interesting though the kid is willing to go against a kid who was a star when he was a freshman and will be there two more years. Good sign he's ready to to compete.
Let’s just say it

Mack and everyone else

he is the crroters croot

Camar Wheaton, best RB in the class (see above) has been at Oklahoma the past few days. My psychic concentration is working so far. Great RBs from Texas know they belong at Oklahoma.

NCAA just suspended all recruiting and all campus visits in all sports for at least the rest of March.

Also announced they will find a way to grant eligibility relief for those who lose a season due to suspension of games and practice.

Both make sense

For some schools, the most important recruiting weekend a program can have is during the Summer months. For Clemson, that event involves the All-In Cookout, a day that is proven to be extremely effective in not only making a move for certain prospects, but also securing and increasing the interest of current commitments and top targets towards the school/program. More schools will be putting emphasis on these aforementioned months to host these types of days or weekends.

How well are Clemson and other major programs currently positioned?

Now for the most important pieces of information: how do these changes affect Clemson and its top competitors moving forward? Because Clemson has already had not one, but two elite Junior days, it has a massive leg up on its primary competition. The Tigers hold the lead for many elite prospects, and received one of if not the most recent visit for many more. There are no schools with more momentum at this stage than Ohio State and Clemson, and because of that both schools could add more than one recruit apiece soon despite this dead period. Some recruits that were already close to decisions may seek to end their recruitments rather than continue to prolong their decisions.

Contrarily, schools like Notre Dame, UGA, and Alabama could be hurt most. While all schools will be adversely affected due to cancelled visits, the Fighting Irish were set to have one of their most important recruiting weekends in recent memory next weekend. That being cancelled could spell the end to their chances for a few 5-star talents including Will Shipley, who is looking to decide in the near future between the Irish and Clemson. UGA often uses the Spring as its springboard for long-term relationships with elite prospects. The Dawgs will land their fair share of elite prospects, just maybe not to the level of the past few cycles. The same can be said for Alabama, who has just 1 prospect committed at this time. For the 2020 class Alabama’s class received a huge shot in the arm when it flipped 5-star QB Bryce Young from USC, however, the Crimson Tide will not be granted the same luxury this season. Alabama is perhaps the program hurt the worst by this dead period, and will have to make up a significant amount of ground to recover.

QB recruiting is also impacted immensely. The quarterback position is traditionally the one schools look to lock up the quickest, as they tend to ask the future leader of the team to be one of the leaders of their recruiting class. In 2021, 14 of the top 30 QB prospects rated by 24/7 Sports are still uncommitted, including the #1 overall QB in the country Caleb Williams. How this delay affects what teams do regarding this position will be fascinating, and will surely strain staffs to tie their top guy down sooner rather than later.

It goes without saying that Clemson must try to ensure that it gets its top targets on campus in early Summer and for its cookout. By doing so the Tigers can lockdown a large majority of their class before the Fall season and maintain a commanding lead over its competitors for elite prospects and in the team recruiting rankings. Bottom line, this new dead period could exacerbate the current state of the team recruiting rankings, and could set the tone for programs for the remainder of the cycle.

Last edited:
PJ Fleck is making waves in recruiting. Minnesota just added the highest ranked recruit they have gotten since rankings began. He's from Omaha and was one of the Cornhusker's top targets.

They would sign Helton up for a 10 year extension if they landed foreman.

Hope SC gets him...clemson's DL haul was just getting stupid. He'll be a day 1 starter at SC.

Last edited:
It sounds like Foreman still wants to play at Clemson, but he's not in charge of the process.

He committed super early and out of nowhere and to a school awfully far from home. I'm not the least bit surprised it didn't stick.

He committed super early and out of nowhere and to a school awfully far from home. I'm not the least bit surprised it didn't stick.
Well also, it’s Clemson. You see the stats. Also once committed, process shuts down. At least to Clemson it does

not a bad way

PJ Fleck is making waves in recruiting. Minnesota just added the highest ranked recruit they have gotten since rankings began. He's from Omaha and was one of the Cornhusker's top targets.

Up to #5 class in the country, baby!

Fleck has proved he can build a winner anywhere he goes. Minnesota is not going to take a back seat to anyone in the conference as long as he's there.

1588017084945-png.273875.png
Still can't believe that coach tweeted that. Not going to help them with other recruits...that's for sure.

Hmm. Guess it depends on the service. Saw Ross as the 3rd highest in AL on 247.
247 Composite ranks him #1 and it wasn't close.

Vols have added 6 four stars and 2 five stars in the last 14 days. Pretty insane at any point, but especially with no visits going on. Momentum is a real thing.

We didn't want either of them anyway

Obviously I'm joking, but with Ross, I think we would have gladly taken him, but we signed Jeudy, Ruggs, and Smith in the class before, and Waddle in that class, so I don't think we lost sleep over it. I've heard that we weren't even in the top 3 for Brooks. Think both of those guys going out of state was a bigger blow to AU than us. Good players for sure though

Clemson just got another commitment from a QB and it's an unusual one. They jumped in and offered a kid who had gotten no interest in football so signed with Georgia for baseball. Clemson is very good at taking a look at a kid no one wants and being able to project what he will be like in a few years.

The best ever at it was Barry Switzer. He did it over and over and some of his biggest stars were guys everyone else overlooked. He took one look at them, got them on campus, put them at a different position and they turned out to be future pros.

Clemson is the best at it now. They get plenty of 5-star guys, but every year some of their most important players are overlooked guys

Clemson added another top LB and of course it was Venables who recruited him.

the dumbest decision Bob Stoops ever made was to push Venables out so he could give the job to his moron brother. Great for Clemson, a disaster for Oklahoma

I've always wondered if the reason Bob resigned was because it finally dawned on him Mike was such a clown he had to be fired and he just didn't have the heart to fire him.

Obviously I'm joking, but with Ross, I think we would have gladly taken him, but we signed Jeudy, Ruggs, and Smith in the class before, and Waddle in that class, so I don't think we lost sleep over it. I've heard that we weren't even in the top 3 for Brooks. Think both of those guys going out of state was a bigger blow to AU than us. Good players for sure though
It's not just what he would have done FOR you, as you were indeed loaded at the position. It's also what he wouldn't have done TO you. He was 6-153-1 in the title game against the Tide.

Clemson just got another commitment from a QB and it's an unusual one. They jumped in and offered a kid who had gotten no interest in football so signed with Georgia for baseball. Clemson is very good at taking a look at a kid no one wants and being able to project what he will be like in a few years.

The best ever at it was Barry Switzer. He did it over and over and some of his biggest stars were guys everyone else overlooked. He took one look at them, got them on campus, put them at a different position and they turned out to be future pros.

Clemson is the best at it now. They get plenty of 5-star guys, but every year some of their most important players are overlooked guys

He's from Bogart, GA, which is on Athens' western boundary.

Here's an article on him:

Excerpt:

Who is Chandler as a football player and how did he go from total obscurity to landing a Clemson football offer? Bubba certainly has an arm. He can throw a fastball in the mid-90’s so he can throw a football. Playing at North Oconee [4A] and being a late bloomer who was going to play baseball didn’t elevate his profile. For me, this is a down year overall in the QB class. There are very few difference maker QB prospects. The shadow of DJ U [true frosh DJ Uigalelei]. scared off many upper and mid-tier prospects. Clemson continued to pursue Caleb Williams until the very end and also Christian Veilleux. Williams is a legit prospect, but after him it gets very thin fast. I don’t see much of a difference between a prospect like Veilleux and Chandler in terms of overall potential.

In fact, Chandler fits Clemson’s system more. He is more athletic and a dual threat. You can see he was an athlete growing up. He needs to improve accuracy and grow in the pocket, especially facing better competition, but you like the tools and clay you are working with. Probably 6’2.5 but has decent height and can add muscle to his frame. Recruiting services now have him up to a 3* and I could see him moving up into the top 300-500 and gaining a 4th star potentially after more scrutiny and attention given to his senior year.

Last edited:
Back