2020 World Series Discussion: Doyers vs Rays

Rain in Arlington tomorrow + cold. Former should clear by game time but the cold won't. Could very well = a closed roof. MLB wants to keep the roof open if possible for COVID concerns so we'll see.

I've been mostly on over auto-play with the roof open but just going to see what's going on w/ the roof tomorrow night.

Last edited:
Tough to get behind rays tonight. Morten ops allowed against lefties tends to be fairly higher than against righties including this year. That problematic and ya know tampa gonna strike out a bunch tonight.

Does anyone have information on when we will know if the roof will be open or closed or where I might find that info? Thanks.

ARLINGTON, Texas (AP) — The roof at Globe Field will be closed for Game 3 of the World Series on Friday night between the Los Angeles Dodgers and Tampa Bay Rays.

The commissioner's office said in a statement it made the decision “given Friday’s forecasted temperatures, wind chill and the possibility of rain.”

The game-time temperature is forecast at about 51 degrees.

ARLINGTON, Texas (AP) — The roof at Globe Field will be closed for Game 3 of the World Series on Friday night between the Los Angeles Dodgers and Tampa Bay Rays.

The commissioner's office said in a statement it made the decision “given Friday’s forecasted temperatures, wind chill and the possibility of rain.”

The game-time temperature is forecast at about 51 degrees.
Thanks,Frank.

Maybe I'm crazy, but I think it's a terrible decision by Dave tonight to make Buehler and Urias unavailable. It's almost like he's playing for a Game 7 instead of trying to close them out tonight. Hope it ends up costing them. That guy is awful.

Maybe I'm crazy, but I think it's a terrible decision by Dave tonight to make Buehler and Urias unavailable. It's almost like he's playing for a Game 7 instead of trying to close them out tonight. Hope it ends up costing them. That guy is awful.
I agree...

Does that mean they won’t be on the Game 6 roster and completely unavailable, or could he change his mind on this?

I think saving Buehler to be on regular rest for potential gm7 is the right call. The only problem with that is there be a ton of pressure on dodgers in a gm7 but better to be going into that game with your ace and your other best pitchers available than to put it all out there tonight and losing. Then they go into gm7 with same pressure but none the same luxuries.

I don’t see why Urias wouldn’t be available tonight if lad gets into the 5th-6th with a lead? He has proven very capable of coming out the pen and he been great, I would def use him tonight if they happen to get into that spot with lead or tied after 5th.

I think saving Buehler to be on regular rest for potential gm7 is the right call. The only problem with that is there be a ton of pressure on dodgers in a gm7 but better to be going into that game with your ace and your other best pitchers available than to put it all out there tonight and losing. Then they go into gm7 with same pressure but none the same luxuries.

I don’t see why Urias wouldn’t be available tonight if lad gets into the 5th-6th with a lead? He has proven very capable of coming out the pen and he been great, I would def use him tonight if they happen to get into that spot with lead or tied after 5th.

I just disagree. You haven’t won in forever. You try to finish them now with Buheler. Anything can happen in a G7 and pitchers are usually on such short leashes then that it doesn’t matter. You lose with Buheler - you’ve got Urias/Kershaw/Gonsolin etc for a G7. Just seems like Dave is playing for a G7 instead of t trying to win

I just disagree. You haven’t won in forever. You try to finish them now with Buheler. Anything can happen in a G7 and pitchers are usually on such short leashes then that it doesn’t matter. You lose with Buheler - you’ve got Urias/Kershaw/Gonsolin etc for a G7. Just seems like Dave is playing for a G7 instead of t trying to win

i don’t disagree with idea he kinda playing for a game 7, I just think I want my ace if I do get into a game 7 with immense pressure. No way do I pitch my ace on short rest and then go into a gm7 totally fucked and still all the pressure. I mean if Buehler was accustomed to short rest that be one thing, the fact they never ask that of him (that I’m aware of) I just wouldn’t do it here. Kershaw needs another day as well imo, he would normally throw a pen session 2marro so that the ideal day to bring him in if needed. As I said I would use Urias today if my team managed to get a lead into or after the 5th. The other 2 im gonna put them in the most ideal spot to succeed. If I’m gonna lose the WS (again) im gonna do so with my best pitching when they most comfortable and confident.

Moving them up stinks of desperation imo, and if Rays get to them on short rest I go into game 7 at a huge disadvantage. I much rather see what happens tonight, hell they could pull it out anyways, and Have my best up against the rays starter im more confident in hitting. That the other thing I think lad matches up way better with Morton than Snell. I just couldn’t risk Snell pitching a gem and beating my ace and then go into game 7 in a situation where it be nuts.

i don’t disagree with idea he kinda playing for a game 7, I just think I want my ace if I do get into a game 7 with immense pressure. No way do I pitch my ace on short rest and then go into a gm7 totally fucked and still all the pressure. I mean if Buehler was accustomed to short rest that be one thing, the fact they never ask that of him (that I’m aware of) I just wouldn’t do it here. Kershaw needs another day as well imo, he would normally throw a pen session 2marro so that the ideal day to bring him in if needed. As I said I would use Urias today if my team managed to get a lead into or after the 5th. The other 2 im gonna put them in the most ideal spot to succeed. If I’m gonna lose the WS (again) im gonna do so with my best pitching when they most comfortable and confident.

Moving them up stinks of desperation imo, and if Rays get to them on short rest I go into game 7 at a huge disadvantage. I much rather see what happens tonight, hell they could pull it out anyways, and Have my best up against the rays starter im more confident in hitting. That the other thing I think lad matches up way better with Morton than Snell. I just couldn’t risk Snell pitching a gem and beating my ace and then go into game 7 in a situation where it be nuts.

Yeah - I guess we're just different. I always tend to focus on the right now and worry about the future later :rofl:

Yeah - I guess we're just different. I always tend to focus on the right now and worry about the future later :rofl:

lol. When you put it that way It’s honestly shocking I’m the one defending the long term approach! Does not fit my life choices MO at all! Maybe that why I know it the right way to approach it, cause most the shit I’ve done been wrong!! Lol

I'm on Rays large tonight.

same here. Little sprinkle on over 8 also. Kinda feels like a bit of a hedge against myself since I think lad will have to score 5+ to win tonight. Not that rays can’t win and it go over that number, matter fact over has hit in both games they won so certainly could hit both.

Choi hits first homerun in game tonight..+1600

I had to take Diaz out and add J-man to couple dfs lineups. Sure the hell didn’t expect that move, freaking Rays will throw anyone aside no matter how well they been hitting if the numbers tell them they got a matchup edge with someone else. Hard to argue with many the results but sometimes I think they get way overzealous when it comes to pulling a guy out the lineup for a pitch hitter kinda early.

I had to take Diaz out and add J-man to couple dfs lineups. Sure the hell didn’t expect that move, freaking Rays will throw anyone aside no matter how well they been hitting if the numbers tell them they got a matchup edge with someone else. Hard to argue with many the results but sometimes I think they get way overzealous when it comes to pulling a guy out the lineup for a pitch hitter kinda early.

I forgot to throw pitchers in on the list of pulling to early! Couldn’t help but think about my thoughts on how overzealous they can be when they pulled Snell in middle of a dominating performance!! Cause he gave up a Fucking single?!?!? Call me crazy but I’m gonna ride with the guy who had already struck Mookie out twice over a pen guy who been getting hit all series!!

Here a new analytic for them, if the opposing team cheers a move it the wrong Fucking move!! Dodgers only goal that game was to get Snell out the game and you gonna go help them? In a rare outing where Snell was being incredibly efficient and prob can give you 7+ shutout innings?!?? Over 162 games yes it advantageous to stick to the script, in game 6 the World Series you ride your cy young pitcher until he can’t go no more!! This was the obviously wrong move to a 3rd grader, not sure why Cash couldn’t see that? He making a great case for how dispensable he is, if you gonna roll with whatever the computers spit out every time then why we paying you? I can get a intern to follow a script and pay a whole lot less!!!

who knows what would have happened but didn’t we all know what was gonna happen the minute he went and took ball from Snell? I mean rays couldn’t score shit and odds are doyers score off someone at some point but sure woulda like to see it play out with Snell giving them everything he had! We got cheated out of a potentially historic performance and maybe a gm7! Fucking analytics.

Back