2020 Flagrant fouls.

skanless13

Fly, Eagles, Fly!
Is anyone as disgusted by what is considered a flagrant foul these days. I grew up watching 90s ball where there were some REAL flagrant fouls. These days it's fing CRAZY what's considered a flagrant. I've seen at least 8 that have been called flagrants that would hardly have been a foul in the 90s. There were like 4 just today.
Anyone else feel this way?
Damn it frustrates me.
NBA and NFL turning into pussy leagues.

Is anyone as disgusted by what is considered a flagrant foul these days. I grew up watching 90s ball where there were some REAL flagrant fouls. These days it's fing CRAZY what's considered a flagrant. I've seen at least 8 that have been called flagrants that would hardly have been a foul in the 90s. There were like 4 just today.
Anyone else feel this way?
Damn it frustrates me.
NBA and NFL turning into pussy leagues.

The definition has gotten progressively worse.

I think it has even gotten worse from this years regular season to the bubble.

NBA is a tough watch now if gambling isn't involved. It is unfortunate. I am not asking for 1980's and 1990's fouls...but man..lets just play ball.

The definition has gotten progressively worse.

I think it has even gotten worse from this years regular season to the bubble.

NBA is a tough watch now if gambling isn't involved. It is unfortunate. I am not asking for 1980's and 1990's fouls...but man..lets just play ball.
For real. So many fouls and no allowance for ANY physicality.

NBA and NFL to some extent.

I don't disagree but at least the NFL is doing some of it under the guise of player safety and when I think about all the guys who have suffered life-altering injuries for my entertainment I can understand the desire to make the game safer. The problem is I'm coming to the conclusion that it can't be done without altering the game to the point where it becomes unwatchable. I think we're at that tipping point now.

The NBA doesn't have safety to use as an excuse. All these phantom slaps and tickles they call are about producing 270 point games which some people (not me) apparently find entertaining. Give me the 'bad boys' of the early 90s any day.

I don't disagree but at least the NFL is doing some of it under the guise of player safety and when I think about all the guys who have suffered life-altering injuries for my entertainment I can understand the desire to make the game safer. The problem is I'm coming to the conclusion that it can't be done without altering the game to the point where it becomes unwatchable. I think we're at that tipping point now.

The NBA doesn't have safety to use as an excuse. All these phantom slaps and tickles they call are about producing 270 point games which some people (not me) apparently find entertaining. Give me the 'bad boys' of the early 90s any day.
My whole thing is... if you are really worried about getting hurt, why tf are you choosing to play football for a living.

Yeah, no doubt it sucks... Sports is all about emotions, "gladiator" fights and so on... Being nice abd friendly with everyone... That just sucks

My whole thing is... if you are really worried about getting hurt, why tf are you choosing to play football for a living.

Yeah I think we as a society must accept that some people will make a choice to risk serious injury in return for a huge payday, glory and life long adulation. That's their choice and as long as its an informed one, let them make it.

Yeah I think we as a society must accept that some people will make a choice to risk serious injury in return for a huge payday, glory and life long adulation. That's their choice and as long as its an informed one, let them make it.
Exactly.

Back