2019 U.S. Open at Pebble Beach Discussion

US Open tournament match ups:

Fowler -115 and Scott -110 vs Rahm: Not impressed with Rahm's recency. Scott is on the upswing and Fowler is really due to win a major...

More to come...

does anyone else have golfers on their fade list?

US Open tournament match ups:

Fowler -115 and Scott -110 vs Rahm: Not impressed with Rahm's recency. Scott is on the upswing and Fowler is really due to win a major...

More to come...

does anyone else have golfers on their fade list?
Agree 100% on fading Rahm. One bad hole and he blows up. With the rough the way it is, there could be clubs tossed into the water.

I’d fade DeShambles too. He completely lost it at Augusta after a hot start. Guy is a bona fide psycho

Agree with the thoughts in here. I went into matchups looking to fade Sergio and Bryson. A couple others stood out to me as well:

Brooks +120 vs Rory
Oosthuizen +110 vs Sergio
Spieth +150 vs Cantlay
Fleetwood -140 vs Bryson
Xander -105 vs Rahm
JT -105 vs Rahm
Tiger +115 vs Cantlay

I don't like fading Cantlay, but getting probably the best "thinkers" on the golf course at those odds made me bite. Sergio has missed basically every cut at a major since winning the Masters, will continue to fade. Bryson has yet to finish in the top 10 in a major, Tommy Locks is built for majors like this one. Same for Xander, and I echo the thoughts on Rahm in earlier posts. And I don't care how well Rory played last week, if I see Brooks at + money at a major, I'm taking it. Good luck to everyone, looking forward to some prime time viewing. After a terrible debut, Fox has quickly become the best network at presenting a PGA event. They'll have something like 45 hours of live coverage this week.

I'll bite on JT this week. Saw what I wanted to see tee to green last week. Putted like shit. I know it's hard to get over the wrist issue. But liked what I saw.

A lot of these guys skip Pebble in February. Can't say I don't blame them. 7 hour rounds and dealing with playing with scrubs like the CEO from Sanyo or whatever probably doesn't appeal to some. Brooks and JT have played once Rory twice. Also ABU Dhabi and Dubai are around that time and some of the stars get big appearance fees.

Anyway. I'll be playing JT and DJ this week and staying away from Rory.

Furyk number 1 in driving accuracy although this is a bit misleading for Pebble as the Koepkas and DJs of the world may be hitting more irons off the tees as opposed to drivers, which should boost accuracy stats. What may be more important is that Furyk is #2 in proximity to the pin and #7 GIR. Furyk t16 at Pebble in 2010.

Given the above and seeing him @ 125, I bit.

Furyk number 1 in driving accuracy although this is a bit misleading for Pebble as the Koepkas and DJs of the world may be hitting more irons off the tees as opposed to drivers, which should boost accuracy stats. What may be more important is that Furyk is #2 in proximity to the pin and #7 GIR. Furyk t16 at Pebble in 2010.

Given the above and seeing him @ 125, I bit.
:shake:

I'll bite on JT this week. Saw what I wanted to see tee to green last week. Putted like shit. I know it's hard to get over the wrist issue. But liked what I saw.

A lot of these guys skip Pebble in February. Can't say I don't blame them. 7 hour rounds and dealing with playing with scrubs like the CEO from Sanyo or whatever probably doesn't appeal to some. Brooks and JT have played once Rory twice. Also ABU Dhabi and Dubai are around that time and some of the stars get big appearance fees.

Anyway. I'll be playing JT and DJ this week and staying away from Rory.
Seeing JT now @ 30... what did you lock in?

Anyone know of anywhere online or on Twitter where someone posts a detailed weekly writeup on the course for each week?

Probably the smallest greens in major history. Course isnt that long. Should be a ball striker near the top.

Let's go Rory.

I’ve been betting on golf with friends for a period measured in decades, not years. We do all the majors, other tournaments with strong fields like the Players and Akron, FedExCup, and locally at Pleasant Valley until the tour stopped coming there.
It works like the pro football draft. Over the years we have done it with between 3 and 6 participants. Works best with four playing, but it would be difficult to explain why so I won’t try. Currently there are 3 of us.
We each draft 12 players and play the best 8 in a round robin of head to head bets. There is also bonus money for finishing first, second, third, fourth, or fifth. Over the years we have tweaked the draft now and then but visualize an nfl type draft with last year’s loser getting first choice this year etc.
I got my pocket picked by savvy opponents today so wound up with a roster that I’m not in love with. In order,
DJ
Rose,
Molinari
Day
Fowler
DeCham
Matsuyama
Sergio
Wallace
S Woo Kim
McDowell
Kisner.
Would like to have had Xander and Cantlay.
But it didn’t work out.
Lots of TV time so I hope wife is speaking to me on Monday. Maybe Father’s Day will help
‘N joy and good luck all.

I have made so many plays , I think I've exceeded the margin to make money.
Top 10
Lefty
Snedeker

Top 5
Rahm

Win
Spieth
Token Cheetah bet

Matchups
Special K +115 vs. Rory
Spieth +190 vs. Rory

I think it is safe to say that the Justin Thomas picks are dead. He looks brutal.
TBH I have never thought he was that great a golfer. I like him though and don’t get me wrong I would LOVE to have his game.

Wind is dead. This is awful.

I watch the US Open to see the golf course win and may the best golfer who can fight that battle get the crown.

This fucking horseshit is going to turn into the Canadian Open with a winning score of -20 for fucks sake.

Fuck you USGA for not making the course harder with the pin placement at the very least. This is god damn horseshit

I think they'll dial it up the best they can as the week goes along, but without wind there is only so much you can do with a short course with small greens. Carnoustie last year had a similar problem, conditions were too conducive to low scores.

Wind is dead. This is awful.

I watch the US Open to see the golf course win and may the best golfer who can fight that battle get the crown.

This fucking horseshit is going to turn into the Canadian Open with a winning score of -20 for fucks sake.

Fuck you USGA for not making the course harder with the pin placement at the very least. This is god damn horseshit

I can't quite figure out how you are feeling.

JT was no bueno. Brooks is just a damn machine. I also like to see carnage at the US Open. Not the John Deere. Hopefully the wind picks up.

This isn't the weather needed to make this hard at all. It will get a bit tougher though. For example... The pin placements at 14 will start getting ridiculous...always does

Back